Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
leannak
Mouseketeer

Question How early can you check in? "Checked in" to two resorts at same time?

What's the earliest you can check into your resort? (I know the room won't be ready bright & early, but we want to start the dining plan before our breakfast ADR.

Also, this will be the second leg of our split stay - can my husband go check us in to our second resort while I'm with the kids at our first one (not checked out yet)?
leannak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
What's the earliest you can check into your resort? (I know the room won't be ready bright & early, but we want to start the dining plan before our breakfast ADR.

Also, this will be the second leg of our split stay - can my husband go check us in to our second resort while I'm with the kids at our first one (not checked out yet)?
You can check in as early as 6 a.m., which is when the computers roll over for that day . I don't see why you couldn't check in at the 2nd resort even though you haven't checked out of the 1st one (although I don't have any personal experience with doing that). Hopefully someone who has done it (or knows of someone who has) will post their experience .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I am not sure they could check-in to the second resort since their reservation will not roll over to the computer until the next morning at 6 am.

For those of us who have had to do a room ressie the first day and the discount the remainder of the trip, you have to go back to the front desk the second day to check-in. I have gotten down to the desk about 5 minutes early and had to wait for my package ressie to pop up on the computer.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

You can check in no earlier than 6am.

We always take the 1st flight out for the day when we go, so we always arrive at the resort at 10am and the majority of the time, our room has been ready. This is not always the case and some people expect their rooms to be ready that early and get upset when it isn't so we have been lucky.

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I am not sure they could check-in to the second resort since their reservation will not roll over to the computer until the next morning at 6 am.
I don't think the OP is asking if she can check in the day before, but rather if her DH can check in at the 2nd resort on the morning of the day their package starts (so they can start using the DDP) even though they haven't technically checked out of the previous resort yet. If he shows up at the 2nd resort at 6 a.m. or later, the computers will be on that day's reservations.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1

I don't think the OP is asking if she can check in the day before, but rather if her DH can check in at the 2nd resort on the morning of the day their package starts (so they can start using the DDP) even though they haven't technically checked out of the previous resort yet. If he shows up at the 2nd resort at 6 a.m. or later, the computers will be on that day's reservations.
You are right; I went back and read it. My bad!
Old 08-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
leannak
Mouseketeer

Sorry for the confusion! Yes, we'll be staying at the Poly for a few nights and the morning we check out we have an 8am Akershus reservation. We're going to be at Animal Kingdom Lodge after that, on the deluxe dining plan. We have a full day of activities and dining reservations at Epcot and I'd like to get us on the dining plan before that. We'll be busy so it won't be easy for one of us to leave to go check in to AKL. Also, I've heard our chances at getting our room requests made are greater if we check in early.

DH is a crazy morning person (never sleeps past 5) and he says he'd be happy to jump in a cab at 5:45 and go check us in at AKL. I don't know how hard it is to get a cab at that time or how long check-in takes. Would he be back in time for us to leave to get to Epcot in time?? Would a cab be his best option? Are taxis all over the place so he could easily catch one back to the Poly to meet us, or would he be smart to have his cab wait for him? Maybe this is a ridiculous plan... I have no idea. I don't want to stress us all out. He says he's willing to leave Epcot mid-day and go do the check-in, but I don't want any of us to miss out on our one day at Epcot. We will be with grandparents and have lunch and late dinner reservations as well.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
Babsy
DIS Veteran

I hope so! We are doing something similar and will need to check in to the POLY before we check out of the AKL.

I don't know if the system will allow us to do this. It's our first time trying.

Anyone have any experience?
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #9
cvjw
DIS Veteran

Just did this in June. Checked into BLT without checking out of BWV - everything was fine when we checked in.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #10
POTCfan
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We checked into Animal Kingdom early in the morning (about 8:00 am) and checked out of Boardwalk later that day (around 11:00 am). I had brought most of our luggage over early in the morning and was just going to have the bell hop store it, but to my surprise the room was ready! It took me a little longer than expected, because I wasn't anticipating walking my luggage down to my room (our room wasn't the closest to the lobby), but everything worked out smoothly. We had a similar situation where we wanted to activate our dining plan and take advantage of a character breakfast at Cape May. I checked in while my wife and daughter were taking advantage of an early morning swim.
POTCfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #11
leannak
Mouseketeer

Ok now we are talking about me leaving right AFTER our 8:00 akershus breakfast and heading over to AKL to check us in. Anyone have a guess how long this would take me round trip and which method of transportation I should take? Bus or taxi? We are renting dvc and I haven't a clue how long a dvc check-in takes either. Am I going to miss out on 5 hours of Epcot????
Old 08-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #12
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion! Yes, we'll be staying at the Poly for a few nights and the morning we check out we have an 8am Akershus reservation. We're going to be at Animal Kingdom Lodge after that, on the deluxe dining plan. We have a full day of activities and dining reservations at Epcot and I'd like to get us on the dining plan before that. We'll be busy so it won't be easy for one of us to leave to go check in to AKL. Also, I've heard our chances at getting our room requests made are greater if we check in early.

DH is a crazy morning person (never sleeps past 5) and he says he'd be happy to jump in a cab at 5:45 and go check us in at AKL.

1. I don't know how hard it is to get a cab at that time or

1a. how long check-in takes.

2. Would he be back in time for us to leave to get to Epcot in time??

3. Would a cab be his best option?

4. Are taxis all over the place so he could easily catch one back to the Poly to meet us, or would he be smart to have his cab wait for him?

5. Maybe this is a ridiculous plan... I have no idea. I don't want to stress us all out.

6. He says he's willing to leave Epcot mid-day and go do the check-in, but I don't want any of us to miss out on our one day at Epcot. We will be with grandparents and have lunch and late dinner reservations as well.
We did exactly the same thing in March. My DH went over to the BWI to check us in while I stayed at AKL and finished packing. Worked great!

1. Taxis are right outside the entrance. If not, ask valet services to call one for you.

1a. Check in shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Computers roll over at 6AM so as long as they've rolled over it should be quick. If there are any snags he can call you and let you know what's happening.

2. Yes. If he's checked in by 6:30, that's plenty of time. He can take a taxi back to the Poly.

3. If it's getting close to 8:00 taking a cab and meeting you at Akershus will be the best option. Again at AKL there will be taxis right outside the front entrance. He can take it to either Beach Club or Boardwalk Inn and walk from there to the International Gateway and around the lagoon to Akershus.

4. Yes he can take a taxi back to the Poly. I wouldn't keep a taxi waiting outside the AKL because there's no way of knowing how long check in will take and the meter will continue to run. Better to get a new taxi.

5. It's a good plan.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #13
leannak
Mouseketeer

Thank you, Purple Figment! )))
Old 08-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #14
karenklo
DIS Veteran

As split stays are two separate ressies, you can do this! We just did it last week. Took our stuff over to the Poly from the POFQ at 8 am and checked right in-room was ready. We had other family still at the POFQ and we could still get back into our room until 11am. Have fun!
Old 08-04-2013, 12:52 AM   #15
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok now we are talking about me leaving right AFTER our 8:00 akershus breakfast and heading over to AKL to check us in. Anyone have a guess how long this would take me round trip and which method of transportation I should take? Bus or taxi? We are renting dvc and I haven't a clue how long a dvc check-in takes either. Am I going to miss out on 5 hours of Epcot????
If you wait until after your Akershus breakfast, you won't be able to use your DxDDP credits for the meal because you'll need to check in at AKL to get your dining plan credits on the KTTW cards.

As far as how much time will it take I would guess that using a taxi would be about 75 -90 minutes from leaving Akershus. I would allow 3 hours for the bus because you have to factor in wait time for the bus at Epcot and AKL.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: