Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
tigerfan2012
Mouseketeer

Halloween on the High Seas (Email)

Just got the following email:

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line vacation. We look forward to sailing with you and want to take this opportunity to share with you some important information as you prepare to pack for your vacation. You'll want to make room for your costume, because this year we've created an all-new event, Halloween on the High Seas, and we'll be celebrating with themed offerings on your sailing.

The Disney Dream will unveil Halloween on the High Seas with new events and activities along with a costume contest for adult Guests and a special costume parade for children on the following sail dates:

September 22

September 26

October 3

October 6

October 10

October 13

October 17

October 20

October 24

October 27

October 31

Though not required, we encourage Guests of all ages to bring their costumes and join in our expanded Halloween celebration. From spellbinding stories, fun-filled family entertainment and yummy treats, we've tried to think of everything to make these voyages special. While there will be themed activities throughout the cruise, on one special evening, children will receive candy treat bags in their staterooms that they can bring along to a ship-wide party to collect even more treats. On this same evening, prizes will be awarded to our adult costume contest participants based on the following categories:

Funniest

Most Spooky

Best Group

Most Original

Most Disney

More information on themed nights, times and locations will be available onboard in the Personal Navigator that will be delivered to your stateroom.

Please remember that while all Guests are invited to wear costumes, we ask that you choose costumes that are not obstructive or offensive. To avoid any disappointment or delay in the boarding process, we ask that when considering costume options you refrain from bringing toys or props that resemble guns, knives or other related implements, as these items will not be allowed onboard.

Again, we look forward to sailing with you and hope you have a magical cruise.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line
Old 08-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
pammiesik
Earning My Ears

YEAH!!!!! Just saw this in my inbox.
pammiesik is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
GarrettJD
DIS Veteran

I got the email too! We're super excited!

So what are you all dressing up as? My wife and I will be on the 3 night Dream sailing on 10/10 as Alice and the Mad Hatter :-)
12/84 (offsite), 6/03 (ASMu), 6/04, 6/05, 7/06, 6/07, 12/07 (POP), 6/08 (offsite), 12/09 (POP), 6/10 (Disney Wonder, AKL), 11/10 (POP), 6/11 (POFQ), 12/11, 6/12, 12/12 (POP), 5/13 (POR), 10/13 (POP, Disney Dream)
GarrettJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
STLEdge
Mouseketeer

Me too - any idea what nights they will do this one and whether it will affect pirate night?
Eastern Caribbean, Disney Fantasy, November 2014
STLEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
randomiam79
Mouseketeer

The blog post i read a couple weeks ago said the Halloween activities were in addition to pirate night.
Just got the email too!
randomiam79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #6
acamechis
Mouseketeer

We're on the fantasy but we just got out email too! So excited that we get pirates night and Halloween! Can't wait for our 10/26 sail date!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
Ssamara28
Mouseketeer

Is anybody else just excited to see any email from DCL? I'm excited about the Halloween parties. I had no intentions on taking a costume for our group now I'm rethinking my packing. Hope they have orthodontic friendly treats. Wish we knew what night and time it will be so I can plan for Palo and sending children to the club. Hope to get feedback from those who are sailing on the earlier dates. Can't wait to sail the high seas.
Ssamara28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hope they have orthodontic friendly treats.
I'd just bring some of your own. That's what I'll do and it is what we have done for the Halloween Parties at WDW and DLR. When DS get something he can't have (for ingredient reasons, not braces, though) we swap it out, piece for piece.

Notice they didn't spell out plastic swords. How could they, when kids could very well have them (as my son will from the previous days of our vacation) from WDW's Pirate's League?

Now...how to work out costumes when my son doesn't know a thing about this?

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #9
bethann77
Mouseketeer

so excited

I was so excited to get this e-mail yesterday Three years ago we got to do the onboard trick or treating on the Magic. It was such a cool experience. Thank goodness I already plan to buy the pic cd
bethann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #10
tigerfan2012
Mouseketeer

Well I know my 18 month old son will be wearing the plush mickey costume. It makes him look almost round its so puffy.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #11
dizzi
DIS Veteran

THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!!

AND makes me soooo happy.

I love HALLOWEEN!!!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #12
Disney_Jem
Earning My Ears

We will be on the Fantasy's September 28th sailing. Do you think many adults will be dressing up given it is just over a month away from Halloween? My husband and I dressed up for Pirate night on the Dream a couple years ago and felt really out of place as only of handful of other guests dressed in costume as well. The serving staff were not even in Pirate garb!
Disney_Jem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #13
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Jem View Post
We will be on the Fantasy's September 28th sailing. Do you think many adults will be dressing up given it is just over a month away from Halloween? My husband and I dressed up for Pirate night on the Dream a couple years ago and felt really out of place as only of handful of other guests dressed in costume as well. The serving staff were not even in Pirate garb!
I doubt many people will know about a Halloween celebration on a 28 september cruise. However, if you dress up, you will be the ones they look out. They will be saying, how did they know? and their kids will wonder why your kids are dressed up (if applicable).

As long is it is a theme night, I would dress in what you want. You are just going along with the program!

2014 - 4 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 9, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(23) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy - 12/14
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #14
Disney Canadian
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Jem View Post
Come join our meet thread! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824509

We also have a FB group We all received an email about the Halloween festivities so everyone will know about it and there seems to be a lot of excitement and hype surrounding the announcement. We are very excited and our DD will be dressing up (we haven't decided what we adults will do yet though).
January 2013: Port Orleans - French Quarter
Sept/Oct 2013: AOA-Little Mermaid/Western Caribbean Cruise - Fantasy
February 2014: Pop Century/4 Night to the Bahamas on the Reimagined Magic!

November 2014: Caribbean Beach for DD's 5th Birthday
October 2015: Eastern Caribbean - Fantasy

Disney Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #15
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2012
Just got the following email:

Though not required, we encourage Guests of all ages to bring their costumes and join in our expanded Halloween celebration. From spellbinding stories, fun-filled family entertainment and yummy treats, we've tried to think of everything to make these voyages special. While there will be themed activities throughout the cruise, on one special evening, children will receive candy treat bags in their staterooms that they can bring along to a ship-wide party to collect even more treats. On this same evening, prizes will be awarded to our adult costume contest participants based on the following categories:
What? Only kids get the treat bags? What about us big kids traveling alone?

Sing it with me - I Want Candy ;-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: