Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #31
Postal68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by N365PA View Post
$3000 Cruise
$49 parking fee...

Not a big deal
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #32
sarah_carter
Mouseketeer

We didn't have to wait long to load the bus at the parking site. (They were still unloading the Dream so we waited about 5 mins) on the return trip we left the port and the bus was waiting for us. We used the Radisson parking.

Disney Dream--Bahamas--May 2013
Disney Fantasy--Eastern Caribbean--May 2014
Upcoming Cruises
Disney Fantasy--Eastern Caribbean--May 2015
Disney Fantasy--Western Caribbean--May 2016
sarah_carter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #33
PoohJen
Willing to share a Mickey Bar?
I brought it with me everywhere on my Disney cruise
Quick, get to the hammock!- Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!
Then feel free to move along and skip this thread. Clearly it was not intended to waste your time as the subject has no concern for you. It was a simple conversation piece and fyi for those who may be affected by the price changes and parking lot closures. Move along, nothing here for you to see...
MNSSHP '04, '05, '06 MVMCP '07 and a few All Star quickies DCL Magic Nov '04 Eastern Trip Report Magic Wstrn Dbl Dip Aug '06 Trip Report, Wonder Dec '07 Trip Report Magic Dble Dip Aug '09 Trip Report Wonder Feb '10 DCL Dream July '11, Aug '13
PoohJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #34
mordecai
Mouseketeer

Not sure if this is common or not but we used ParkPortCanaveral last time and there were no problems getting from the parking to the cruise, however on our return trip we waited over an hour to get a bus back to the car, then had to fight (nearly literally) to get on as there were a ton of people waiting. Some people were waiting so long that they ended up throwing one of their party on the bus without luggage just so they could go get their car and come pick everyone else up.

That said, I reserved them again for this cruise. Knowing is half the battle?
Old 08-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #35
barbarasc
CruiseCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post
Not sure if this is common or not but we used ParkPortCanaveral last time and there were no problems getting from the parking to the cruise, however on our return trip we waited over an hour to get a bus back to the car, then had to fight (nearly literally) to get on as there were a ton of people waiting. Some people were waiting so long that they ended up throwing one of their party on the bus without luggage just so they could go get their car and come pick everyone else up.

Totally agree....if you know what to expect and go knowing what the wait could be then you will be prepared.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread we use to save the money and take the shuttles but with the larger ships in port and more ships period it creates a crazy atmosphere so we now park at the pier and cost that in to the trip. I really wouldn't mind the wait IF everyone had good use of manors and understood that those waiting the longest get on the shuttle first it seems the more people there are the less manors play a role.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #36
PoohJen
Willing to share a Mickey Bar?
I brought it with me everywhere on my Disney cruise
Quick, get to the hammock!- Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post

Hi Mordecai,
yes, I had seen some reviews here and elsewhere about long waits for them - I assumed b/c they do sooo much business, so I went back to ParknCruise. But now that PnC is getting more customers, I wonder if their waits will likewise be longer...will let you know soon!
MNSSHP '04, '05, '06 MVMCP '07 and a few All Star quickies DCL Magic Nov '04 Eastern Trip Report Magic Wstrn Dbl Dip Aug '06 Trip Report, Wonder Dec '07 Trip Report Magic Dble Dip Aug '09 Trip Report Wonder Feb '10 DCL Dream July '11, Aug '13
PoohJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #37
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

If you are staying in the PC area the night before, the hotels offering the 40% promotion are the best. No dealing with shuttles, and park at the port for cheap.

The Fairfield wasn't in the promo last summer, and I can imagine other hotels joining on this as well.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #38
Kathysf1014
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8nally View Post
The woman I spoke to said she was personally calling each reservation in order of departing cruise. I'm not til 9/1.

She said she needed confirmation that we wanted our reservation switched to Park N Cruise plus a little extra info (anticipated arrival time and a few other small details) to make the reservation for us. About five minutes after we hung up I received the confirmation email from Park N Cruise. I called them to follow up and confirm the special discounted rate and the agent at Park N Cruise was really sweet and confirmed everything, so I'm good to go!

Not sure why they didn't just email, but glad they went ahead and secured alternate parking plans for all their customers!

I'm in the smae boat but I haven't receied the email as of yet. Did you happen to call her or did she contact you? I'm also on the Sept 1 cruise and she said she was a couple of days away from that sailing. I'm anxioulsy waiitng becuase of course now I can't find my confirmation back in March. I hope I get it soon.

BTW 25 days to or magical sailing. Can't wait, Woo hoo...
Kathysf1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #39
n8nally
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathysf1014 View Post
I'm in the smae boat but I haven't receied the email as of yet. Did you happen to call her or did she contact you? I'm also on the Sept 1 cruise and she said she was a couple of days away from that sailing. I'm anxioulsy waiitng becuase of course now I can't find my confirmation back in March. I hope I get it soon.

BTW 25 days to or magical sailing. Can't wait, Woo hoo...
I didn't get an email. She said she was calling everyone. But I was proactive and actually called them first. Call them! She was very sweet and took care of everything in about 3 min!

I've eaten at 148 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (60%)
I've eaten at 56 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)
I've eaten at 39 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (53%)
I've eaten at 6 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)
I've eaten at 2 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (67%)

n8nally is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: