Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #16
KyCruisinSusan
Proud DVC/AKV Owner

In 2003 we paid $70 to park for a 3 night cruise so in 2004 we booked a room at the Radison with some other cruisers we met on the Dis and got shuttled to the port the next morning. Almost the same price but we got a nice hotel stay thrown in.

July 03 Wonder 3 Day, BB, MK;
Nov 04 AS Sports 4 Days/ Eastern Magic;
Dec 05 PopCentury;Oct 07 Adult Only PopCentury;
Dec 08 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside
Dec 10 AKV Kidani and BLT Adult Only
July 12 Sweet 16 Boardwalk Girls Only Trip
KyCruisinSusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #17
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

You don't have to stay at the Radisson to park there. We have done it several times now and wouldn't hesitate to book it for a 3rd cruise. www.parkportcanaveral.com First time in Feb/Mar was 5.95 per day (much better than what our friends paid at the port) and second time was 3.95 per day mid April!

We stay over night in Orlando...because we love Orlando & parks and have been at Disney the night before each cruise out of PC anyway (and plan to be again in May! woowoo!)
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #18
PoohJen
Willing to share a Mickey Bar?
I brought it with me everywhere on my Disney cruise
Quick, get to the hammock!- Castaway Cay

parkportcanaveral (Radisson) is $7.95 right now; that one does fluctuate, as Mermaids points out. It has good reviews, but I am going to use ParknCruise this time. As a smaller operation with small shuttles, I feel like there is less chance of "waiting for the bus to fill"; but I have no data to back that up with, so take it for what it's worth. I have had a good experience with ParknCruise before.

To all those who are so concerned that we whiners may be sweating the small stuff, rest assured that a single vent here on the DIS has relieved me of my $40 angst. What's an extra $4/day vs $3000 cruise? Well, in our case, it's a few Drinks of the Day, a souvenir Tervis Tumbler, etc. It's all where you want to put your money. Hand it to the parking attendant, or have a little more fun with it.

Obviously $20 or $40 won't break this cruiser's bank. But I am frugal and like to get some bang for my buck. Doubling the parking price in a matter of weeks was a disappointment other penny pinchers can relate to. Thank you for your mild wrist slapping, I hope your condescension brought you some needed esteem elevation for the day.
MNSSHP '04, '05, '06 MVMCP '07 and a few All Star quickies DCL Magic Nov '04 Eastern Trip Report Magic Wstrn Dbl Dip Aug '06 Trip Report, Wonder Dec '07 Trip Report Magic Dble Dip Aug '09 Trip Report Wonder Feb '10 DCL Dream July '11, Aug '13
PoohJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #19
n8nally
DIS Veteran

FYI: If you have already made a reservation with one of the closed parking facilities (like I did), I encourage you to call them ASAP!

Because of my wonderful DISers, I just found out about this a few minutes ago and quickly checked on my existing reservation with Cruise Parking of Port Canaveral. They confirmed that they are closed and told me that Park N Cruise was taking over all their exisiting reservations at a discounted rate of $5 per day (I was going to pay $4) as a courtesy and partnership with Cruise Parking. While I'm not thrilled about the dollar, it is certainly better than the $8 a day rates I am seeing on other websites! Every dollar I save on parking goes in the fruity adult bevarge fund!

Thank you DISers for keeping us so well informed!

I've eaten at 148 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (60%)
I've eaten at 56 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)
I've eaten at 39 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (53%)
I've eaten at 6 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)
I've eaten at 2 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (67%)

n8nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #20
n8nally
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohJen View Post
parkportcanaveral (Radisson) is $7.95 right now; that one does fluctuate, as Mermaids points out. It has good reviews, but I am going to use ParknCruise this time. As a smaller operation with small shuttles, I feel like there is less chance of "waiting for the bus to fill"; but I have no data to back that up with, so take it for what it's worth. I have had a good experience with ParknCruise before.

To all those who are so concerned that we whiners may be sweating the small stuff, rest assured that a single vent here on the DIS has relieved me of my $40 angst. What's an extra $4/day vs $3000 cruise? Well, in our case, it's a few Drinks of the Day, a souvenir Tervis Tumbler, etc. It's all where you want to put your money. Hand it to the parking attendant, or have a little more fun with it.

Obviously $20 or $40 won't break this cruiser's bank. But I am frugal and like to get some bang for my buck. Doubling the parking price in a matter of weeks was a disappointment other penny pinchers can relate to. Thank you for your mild wrist slapping, I hope your condescension brought you some needed esteem elevation for the day.
I agree! Let's not take it personally, though. Some people are rolling in the money, and good for them! I, however, am not! I need to budget every cent! And I am not ashamed that I do. And interestingly enough, my friends who are the most well off are always the biggest penny pinchers! It's where this single Mom has learned all her budgeting and money saving tips!!

I've eaten at 56 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)

Old 08-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #21
PoohJen

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8nally View Post
FYI: If you have already made a reservation with one of the closed parking facilities (like I did), I encourage you to call them ASAP!

Because of my wonderful DISers, I just found out about this a few minutes ago and quickly checked on my existing reservation with Cruise Parking of Port Canaveral. They confirmed that they are closed and told me that Park N Cruise was taking over all their exisiting reservations at a discounted rate of $5 per day (I was going to pay $4) as a courtesy and partnership with Cruise Parking. While I'm not thrilled about the dollar, it is certainly better than the $8 a day rates I am seeing on other websites! Every dollar I save on parking goes in the fruity adult bevarge fund!

Thank you DISers for keeping us so well informed!
n8nally, I'm glad that they got you a discounted rate! But I am curious...when were they going to tell you about the transferred reservation? (I mean that seriously, not sarcastically - I would have thought they notified folks right away by email).

I'll join you for that fruity drink... I hear they do BOGO at the adult pool sometimes!
MNSSHP '04, '05, '06 MVMCP '07 and a few All Star quickies DCL Magic Nov '04 Eastern Trip Report Magic Wstrn Dbl Dip Aug '06 Trip Report, Wonder Dec '07 Trip Report Magic Dble Dip Aug '09 Trip Report Wonder Feb '10 DCL Dream July '11, Aug '13
Old 08-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #22
n8nally
DIS Veteran

The woman I spoke to said she was personally calling each reservation in order of departing cruise. I'm not til 9/1.

She said she needed confirmation that we wanted our reservation switched to Park N Cruise plus a little extra info (anticipated arrival time and a few other small details) to make the reservation for us. About five minutes after we hung up I received the confirmation email from Park N Cruise. I called them to follow up and confirm the special discounted rate and the agent at Park N Cruise was really sweet and confirmed everything, so I'm good to go!

Not sure why they didn't just email, but glad they went ahead and secured alternate parking plans for all their customers!

Old 08-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #23
NickyKnack
DIS Veteran

Do you happen to have a list of these hotels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
The only advantage I see is that its one less thing to worry about if you've already paid it before hand. We are thinking of using one of the area hotels that offer 40% off parking at the port so prepaying will not work for us.
NickyKnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #24
PoohJen

Radisson Resort At the Port (Canaveral) offers a "Park and Cruise Package". They are also known as "ParkPortCanaveral" - i.e., you can pay to park there whether or not you get a room. I've generally read good reviews about that hotel on these boards.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #25
sarah_carter
Mouseketeer

We made a reservation at www.parkportcanaveral.com while the rate was 4.95 pay later and then the rate went up. So I contacted them and they told me the rate that I made my reservation is still good even if the rate goes up. We are cruising May 2014 and we used them for our first cruise May 2013.

Disney Dream--Bahamas--May 2013
Disney Fantasy--Eastern Caribbean--May 2014
Upcoming Cruises
Disney Fantasy--Eastern Caribbean--May 2015
Disney Fantasy--Western Caribbean--May 2016
sarah_carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #26
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyKnack View Post
Do you happen to have a list of these hotels?
This is the most recent list:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988833

The Fairfield seems nice but I think we will choose one of the others that is closer and beachfront. Probably the Best Western since it's only for the night.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #27
barbarasc
CruiseCrazy

parking off site was easy as pie a few years ago BUT when more ships moved in and the bigger DCL ships moved in the shuttle and the craziness that goes along with it got to be too much. So we pay to park at the pier and boy do we pay, we drive an "oversized" vehicle SO we pay $208 for the week, still cheaper than bail money for my husband, who just about lost his mind waiting for the shuttle a few cruises ago
Old 08-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #28
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer

Hmmm .. really need to figure this parking situation out. We will have a rental car pre-cruise and post-cruise. After doing the math it appears to make more sense financially to just keep the rental for the duration of our short 3 night cruise.

My concern is the amount of time we might spend waiting on a shuttle from either the Radisson (provided we can pay to park there even though we aren't staying there) or one of the "satellite" parking lots. DH does not do well with waiting ..

On average, how much time might we find ourselves waiting both pre-cruise and post-cruise for the shuttles to and from the various off location parking places?
JayhawkFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #29
PoohJen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkFans View Post
...On average, how much time might we find ourselves waiting both pre-cruise and post-cruise for the shuttles to and from the various off location parking places?
At ParkNCruise two years ago, we didn't wait at all to be taken to the Port (correction: my husband, father and brother-in-law dropped us at the Port, then parked at the off site lot and THEY didn't wait long to be taken to the Port).

On the return, we didn't wait long at all for shuttle; definitely less than 1/2 hour. I had read several reviews for the Radisson talking about long waits, which is why I decided to do P-n-C again. I'll let you know in a few weeks what their wait time is like now, now that there is less competition!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #30
NickyKnack
DIS Veteran

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
This is the most recent list:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988833

The Fairfield seems nice but I think we will choose one of the others that is closer and beachfront. Probably the Best Western since it's only for the night.
NickyKnack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: