Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
jenhelgren
DIS Veteran

Sail away Party Time and Details?

Can anyone tell me about the Sail Away Party? I was told it is something that we do not want miss-but that is all I know

Are there characters/singing/dancing/shows....

Is it always the same time or does it depend on when the boat is actually cleared to leave? Are there any viewing tricks for the Wonder or good spots to be with younger/shorter kids?

Thanks in advance!
jenhelgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #2
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

It is immediately following the muster drill, which is at 4:00. The party starts by 4:30 with the entertainers, then the characters joining them. On the new ships this is basically a song & dance shopping ad for the ship IMO. It was a bit more fun on the classics. The horn sounds around 5:00 and if there isn't a delay, you are off. If there is a delay, you still have the party but the ship doesn't leave the dock until they are ready. Dinner seating starts at 5:45 so we always leave after passing the end of the rocks to get ready.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
patches4me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
It is immediately following the muster drill, which is at 4:00. The party starts by 4:30 with the entertainers, then the characters joining them. On the new ships this is basically a song & dance shopping ad for the ship IMO. It was a bit more fun on the classics. The horn sounds around 5:00 and if there isn't a delay, you are off. If there is a delay, you still have the party but the ship doesn't leave the dock until they are ready. Dinner seating starts at 5:45 so we always leave after passing the end of the rocks to get ready.

The most important part of the sail away is immediately after the main event of the characters, we concentrate on waving to the shore at the Port Canaveral Webcam @ Fishlips! All our family and friends from around the country tune in to watch us leave
patches4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
Scottiesmommy08
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patches4me View Post
The most important part of the sail away is immediately after the main event of the characters, we concentrate on waving to the shore at the Port Canaveral Webcam @ Fishlips! All our family and friends from around the country tune in to watch us leave
Can they actually spot you from the cam? We were thinking about having our family watch for our upcoming cruise.

May 01', WL**August 08' offsite**January 12' Honeymoon trip, CBR,**January 13' DD first magical trip+anniversary, POP**January 14' first cruise+anniversary
Scottiesmommy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
truck1
Growing older but not up.

If you can be in a specific spot, wearing specific clothes that are easily identifiable, then yes, you can be seen on the portcams. Someone posted a video of the Fantasys Maiden,from the port cam and we found ourselves on it. Best place is if you can be say infront of the foward funnel on the starboard side, it should be easier to find you.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: