Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
nicswife
Earning My Ears

Question Bed extenders on Magic and Wonder

I have read about the bed extenders that are available on the Wonder and the Magic. We sail on the Wonder in April, and I was wondering if it is worth requesting. Does the extender cover the whole width of the bed or just half? Is it comfortable? Does it make it hard to walk between the bed and the furniture?

If anyone has used a bed extender on one of these ships, please chime in! Has anyone got a photo of what it looks like? That would be really helpful too!
Thanks!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
nicswife
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicswife View Post
I have read about the bed extenders that are available on the Wonder and the Magic. We sail on the Wonder in April, and I was wondering if it is worth requesting. Does the extender cover the whole width of the bed or just half? Is it comfortable? Does it make it hard to walk between the bed and the furniture?

If anyone has used a bed extender on one of these ships, please chime in! Has anyone got a photo of what it looks like? That would be really helpful too!
Thanks!
It might be helpful to responders to know my husband is 6'4", and this is why I ask.
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
neg58
DIS Veteran

It is very hard to move around the cabins without any type of extender, so I imagine that with something extending the bed you'd have to take it down every day. Really, there isn't more than a foot between the end of the bed and (usually) a cabinet or steamer trunk against the wall.

But if he needs it, he needs it.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
bbn1122
DIS Veteran

My son is 6"7" and sleeps on a queen bed....

On the cruise he was about 6'5"- few years back and sleep on the fold out bed on the Magic in our family veranda cabin with no problem, but then again he was just 16 at the time and a bean pole....we were never told about bed extenders and I have never heard anyone ever mention one on these boards in 4years.

Maybe someone will have some info for you....it the ceilings in the cabin hallways a tall person would have to worry about...
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
OKW - August 2014
Vero Beach - August 2014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I've never heard of them either.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
I am 6'6 and was fine on the bed. You do not want any extenders on the bed. There is already little room between the bed and the wall across from the bed. IMHO

2014 - 3 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-6, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 8, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(22) 7 Night Southern Caribbean - Magic 2014
(23) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #7
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Found this on the Disney Mom's panel website:

I hadn't heard of bed extenders before since we've never needed anything like that, so I called the agents at Disney Cruise Line to inquire about those for you, and learned quite a bit myself, so I'm glad you asked! Currently, bed extenders are available for beds on the Disney Wonder and the Disney Magic. These beds are the same size as the ones on the Dream and the Fantasy (approximately 76 inches by 72 inches), but the beds on the Wonder and Magic can split into two separate beds if needed. Since they are made that way, the bed extenders do fit on these. The Dream and the Fantasy do not offer bed extenders currently, as their beds are all one piece. So, you are in luck since you'll be sailing on the Wonder!

You might want to give Disney Cruise Line a call at 1-800-951-3532 and let them know you'll be wanting a bed extender added to your bed. Then, once you're onboard, just chat with your stateroom host or hostess who will be happy to set that up for you.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
Here's a picture of our room on the Wonder (same as the Magic). You can kind of see how little room there is between the foot of the bed and the wall/steamer trunk (about 2 feet, maybe)

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #9
nicswife
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Found this on the Disney Mom's panel website:

I hadn't heard of bed extenders before since we've never needed anything like that, so I called the agents at Disney Cruise Line to inquire about those for you, and learned quite a bit myself, so I'm glad you asked! Currently, bed extenders are available for beds on the Disney Wonder and the Disney Magic. These beds are the same size as the ones on the Dream and the Fantasy (approximately 76 inches by 72 inches), but the beds on the Wonder and Magic can split into two separate beds if needed. Since they are made that way, the bed extenders do fit on these. The Dream and the Fantasy do not offer bed extenders currently, as their beds are all one piece. So, you are in luck since you'll be sailing on the Wonder!

You might want to give Disney Cruise Line a call at 1-800-951-3532 and let them know you'll be wanting a bed extender added to your bed. Then, once you're onboard, just chat with your stateroom host or hostess who will be happy to set that up for you.
This is very funny, because this is the answer to my question that I asked them! however now I am looking for some first hand experience with them. Thanks! hahah!
Old 08-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #10
nicswife
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Here's a picture of our room on the Wonder (same as the Magic). You can kind of see how little room there is between the foot of the bed and the wall/steamer trunk (about 2 feet, maybe)

Thanks for this reference!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: