Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
PegIra
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 924

Anyone stay in Room 5552 on the Dream?

We are actually scheduled to be on the Fantasy in January 2013. We have a accessible room 5552 and was hoping that both of our scooters will fit in the room. Since they are sister ships, I thought room 5552 would be the same.
Does anyone have any pictures of this room.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all,

Peg
PegIra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
dad2wayne
Earning My Ears
 
dad2wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: concord, nc
Posts: 35

I don't know what 5552 on the fantasy looks like but were staying in 5552 on the dream in oct and I found this online. they were very helpful
http://www.cruiselinerooms.com/view_...hp?r_id=130441
__________________
dad2wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 47,994

Friends of ours were in 5552 on the Fantasy's MV. The room is huge! The balcony is also VERY big and both of you should be able to get around both without a problem space-wise. The only problem they had was the automatic door delay to close and the fact that the door is at the end of the hallway. They kept having people walk into their room all the time if they opened their door and just continued into the room. When the kids would leave to go to the club and the parents were in the room they would look up to find strangers standing in their room trying to figure out where they were.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013


DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August
Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
txsoccermom
DIS Veteran
 
txsoccermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: DFW area, TX
Posts: 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
Friends of ours were in 5552 on the Fantasy's MV. The room is huge! The balcony is also VERY big and both of you should be able to get around both without a problem space-wise. The only problem they had was the automatic door delay to close and the fact that the door is at the end of the hallway. They kept having people walk into their room all the time if they opened their door and just continued into the room. When the kids would leave to go to the club and the parents were in the room they would look up to find strangers standing in their room trying to figure out where they were.
Any suggestions what to do about this b/c my mom and her friend will be in this room on Jun 2?! Can we still decorate the door with magnets and such? Didn't know if the door slides into a "hole" or still opens the normal way, just automatically. Any more info would be greatly appreciated!

TIA
__________________
(me), (dh), (dd - 12), and (ds - 9)
WL - May 2003 and 2006; BC CL - June 2009!!! (magical upgrade)
Disney Dream - March 2011 (4 nts), spring break ; Disney Fantasy - June 2012 (Eastern, 7nts)
DVC Members since 2012

txsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #5
PegIra
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 924

Room 5552

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2wayne View Post
I don't know what 5552 on the fantasy looks like but were staying in 5552 on the dream in oct and I found this online. they were very helpful
http://www.cruiselinerooms.com/view_...hp?r_id=130441
Thanks so much for your response, It was great to see the pictures, and I would imagine our room on the Fantasy is the same. What website did you find these pictures that is great?

Thanks again,
Peg
PegIra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #6
redwings30
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hartland, MI
Posts: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsoccermom View Post
Any suggestions what to do about this b/c my mom and her friend will be in this room on Jun 2?! Can we still decorate the door with magnets and such? Didn't know if the door slides into a "hole" or still opens the normal way, just automatically. Any more info would be greatly appreciated!

TIA
What did you find out about this? We will be so disappointed if we can't decorate!
redwings30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 47,994

Of course you can decorate your door. It's the same as all the other doors except for concierge.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013


DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August
Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.