Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
CBL
Earning My Ears

Can ADRS be transferred?

We're booked for 5 nights at Pop, arriving Nov 11. I sent my TA an email today with our flight info (we booked it ourself) and also mentioned my backup plans in case there isn't availability at Pop. She responded to the other parts of my email, but not the free dining part.

I'm thinking of calling myself to make my own booking tomorrow in case she can't get it. I'm not sure how hard she's going to try, given her lack of response and general lack of enthusiasm.

If I do make my own booking, is it possible to transfer my ADRS over from the TA reservation (both would be under my name and address)?
CBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBL View Post
We're booked for 5 nights at Pop, arriving Nov 11. I sent my TA an email today with our flight info (we booked it ourself) and also mentioned my backup plans in case there isn't availability at Pop. She responded to the other parts of my email, but not the free dining part.

I'm thinking of calling myself to make my own booking tomorrow in case she can't get it. I'm not sure how hard she's going to try, given her lack of response and general lack of enthusiasm.

If I do make my own booking, is it possible to transfer my ADRS over from the TA reservation (both would be under my name and address)?
Your ADRs and your package reservation are mutually exclusive. The only benefit to having your reservation linked is the +10 benefit if you are staying on site. After the +10 is up, you can cancel your reservation and it wouldn't impact your ADRs. Nothing to transfer.

If your skeptical about your TA, why not book it yourself then? If you're going to do the work anyway and your flights are done, then you're 90% there!

ETA: Just saw you are arriving Nov. 11th. Since 180 days has long past for you, the +10 benefit makes no difference. You can book ADRs now even if you're not booked with a package. I'd recommend making ADRs sooner rather than later - the free dining pin has been out for a lot of people for a while.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
CBL
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Your ADRs and your package reservation are mutually exclusive. The only benefit to having your reservation linked is the +10 benefit if you are staying on site. After the +10 is up, you can cancel your reservation and it wouldn't impact your ADRs. Nothing to transfer.

If your skeptical about your TA, why not book it yourself then? If you're going to do the work anyway and your flights are done, then you're 90% there!

ETA: Just saw you are arriving Nov. 11th. Since 180 days has long past for you, the +10 benefit makes no difference. You can book ADRs now even if you're not booked with a package. I'd recommend making ADRs sooner rather than later - the free dining pin has been out for a lot of people for a while.
The TA already did my ADRS, so I just wanted to make sure I could keep those even if I cancel that reservation
Old 07-31-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

So the travel agent already did all the work/booking for your trip (except the airfare)? But because there wasn't an acknowledgment about your backup plan, you're considering taking advantage of her efforts by removing your business and the resulting commission? Why not work with the travel agent instead? Trip will cost you the same no matter what.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:55 AM   #5
CBL
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
So the travel agent already did all the work/booking for your trip (except the airfare)? But because there wasn't an acknowledgment about your backup plan, you're considering taking advantage of her efforts by removing your business and the resulting commission? Why not work with the travel agent instead? Trip will cost you the same no matter what.
Thanks for the judgment, but I have tried to work with her. I don't think she's accustomed to people doing their own research and really isn't that accomodating. For instance, she griped about having to be on hold for an hour to add a day to our reservation (added day = added commission, no?)

I didn't think you needed the entire story of my interaction with the travel agent in order to answer my question.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #6
brios86
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks for the judgment, but I have tried to work with her. I don't think she's accustomed to people doing their own research and really isn't that accomodating. For instance, she griped about having to be on hold for an hour to add a day to our reservation (added day = added commission, no?)

I didn't think you needed the entire story of my interaction with the travel agent in order to answer my question.
If its really a concern you could always transfer the new reservation to her after you book it. I (as a travel agent) would be more concerned getting the room you want and she SHOULD have been up and ready to get it for you. FD may not sell out today but the room category you want may sell out soon.
brios86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #7
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
The TA already did my ADRS, so I just wanted to make sure I could keep those even if I cancel that reservation
Yes! ADRs are not affected by your reservation being canceled or changed. They will remain the same.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Cancelling or changing your room reservation will have no effect at all on your ADRs.

However, you will have to ask your TA to cancel your original room reservation - you won't be able to do it. You would probably need to be very clear with her that you do not want her to cancel the ADRs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: