Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
tink2007
DIS Veteran

Catagory 5C

My travel agent is recommending category 5C on the Dream. Can anyone tell me their experience in any stateroom in this category.
2005 - Wilderness Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2010 - All Star Movies
2011 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2012 - All Star Sports
2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
2013 - Marriott's Harbour Lake
2013 - All Star Sports
2013 - Disney Cruise - Dream
2014 - Disney All Star Music
2014 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Art of Animation
2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2014 - Disney Cruise - Wonder
tink2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
robhawk
DIS Veteran

We have a 5C on our upcoming Dream cruise! I like these cabins on Deck 7. Halfway up or down. We are right by the midship elevators.
Good luck with your decision. I think you'll like it!
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2013, 11:29 PM   #3
cpeters
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007
My travel agent is recommending category 5C on the Dream. Can anyone tell me their experience in any stateroom in this category.
We have had a 5C on the Magic (Deck 6 Midship) and on the Fantasy (Deck 7 Midship) and LOVED it. Had no problems with sea sickness and felt very little movement from the ship. We have a 5C (just a couple doors down from last time) reserved on the Fantasy for next year (February) . I think we are pretty well hooked on the 5C category and would definitely recommend it as well. Hope you enjoy whatever category you go with! :-)
cpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #4
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Given a choice I would definitely choose a 5c cabin close to the mid ship elevators, as opposed to that group of 5c's aft. IMO. Elevators are nice, mid elevator can get busy, but at off hours, the convenience is priceless.

Those 5c's go all the way forward too. You are on the Dream so seas are limited in theory. I may/would book a bit forward, say 7064 area, so I could use fore or mid elevators easily. JMO. Of course it's your call.

Have you seen the room reports? http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomlist.cfm
Read reports near, if none available for your specific units.

Have you seen these exterior photos with room #'s ? http://www.disboards.com/showthread....=dream+special

Do you want a non-divider on the balcony for more privacy? Do you need the balcony to connect. Do you care about your neighbors? LOL. JK on the last one.

HTH and Good Luck
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007 View Post
I'd be curious as to why your TA recommended this category. Was it in response to some particular need/desire expressed by you? If you'll tell us what you value we can probably give you some better feedback about how appropriate a 5C would be.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #6
tink2007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
I'd be curious as to why your TA recommended this category. Was it in response to some particular need/desire expressed by you? If you'll tell us what you value we can probably give you some better feedback about how appropriate a 5C would be.
It's just my husband and I traveling so we don't need to be close to anything particular . We want a balcony room with the clear plexiglass on the balcony.
Just looking for most quite and private.
2005 - Wilderness Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2010 - All Star Movies
2011 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2012 - All Star Sports
2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
2013 - Marriott's Harbour Lake
2013 - All Star Sports
2013 - Disney Cruise - Dream
2014 - Disney All Star Music
2014 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Art of Animation
2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2014 - Disney Cruise - Wonder
tink2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Great. A 5C would certainly fit the bill. You might want to check the deck plans for the Dream as far as location goes.

Some people prefer to be close to the elevator/stair lobby for convenience. Others are concerned about noise due to foot traffic outside your door so they opt for further away from those areas. We've stayed in cabins very close to the elevators and haven't been bothered by the noise factor.

Many folks (us included) ask for the Starboard (right) side of the ship. That's because the ship usually backs into the pier at Castaway Cay and you have a gorgeous view from your cabin.

If motion sickness is a concern, then the closer to the center of the ship you can get will be better. Note that "center of the ship" is what is important, not just on that particular deck. In some cases its better to be on a lower deck, like 6 or 7 instead of 9 or 10.

On the Dream and Fantasy, Deck 10 cabins are shaded by the overhang from deck 11. Some people find that a plus, some a minus. Many people have complained about noise from deck 11 activities bothering them in deck 10 cabins.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #8
paults
HOME IS WHERE BWV IS

just subscribing
Old 08-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #9
starch139
aka starch1

We have stayed in this category 3 times on various ships. We have been in 7560 on the dream and are rebooked this November on the Fantasy for the same room number. Good choice!
starch139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #10
MonoMan
Mouseketeer

We stayed in 5C on the Dream this past February (7072) and our friends had the adjoining stateroom. I thought the room was great and the location was good, close enough to the steps/elevators but it was quiet. I would definitely book this category again.
MonoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:10 AM   #11
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

After I studied the room categories for our first DCL on the Dream in January, I, too, came up with the 5C category. We loved it! We just started talking about doing our second DCL next year, and will do 5C again. Mid ship, balcony with clear glass, not directly above or below noisy areas and easy enough to do the stairs up or down if you want. And with all the food we ate, we tried to avoid the elevators, so 5C worked out great!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: