Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 06:58 AM   #1
DisneyDreamer1974
Mouseketeer

Costco benefits at Disney?

Ok, so my husband decided to join Costco yesterday. Ok, fine with that. We have been members before, but it has been a while. We are at 18 days away from our trip to Disney, is there any benefits I might be able to use being a member there that you can think of at this last minute?
DisneyDreamer1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
ssawka
DIS Veteran

The only one that I can think of is that Costco has the cheapest prices on rental cars. If you were planning on renting a car you may want to see if you can get a better deal through Costco.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Only things I can think of are:
Discounts on Rental car
Discount on Gift card to use at Bulid a dino or Trex Café,rain foest café.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Well, if you are only 18 days out, I am assuming you have your accomodations. Having said that, I have looked at Costco for the Swan/Dolphin and they seem to have good prices.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I know that in California you can get discounted Disneyland tickets at Costco. But they do not sell WDW tickets in Florida (or elsewhere).

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
mitchwebb
DIS Veteran

The Rainforest and Trex GC can also be used for Yak & Yeti ($79 for a $100 card)

DHDD12DD15DD21*

mitchwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwebb View Post
The Rainforest and Trex GC can also be used for Yak & Yeti ($79 for a $100 card)
Can you only purchase these at certain Costco location? I have not seen these at our location. Are they available to purchase online?

tinkerbell615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:31 PM   #8
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
Can you only purchase these at certain Costco location? I have not seen these at our location. Are they available to purchase online?
Our Costco sells the RFC gift card but it's advertised as another rest. owned by Landys which is corporate office of Trex, Rain Forest Etc. The gift card is good at any of them. I personally have never looked online but they may have them there.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #9
Ravenne
A queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwebb View Post
You mean the one (table service) in AK? I didn't know they were owned by Landry's! So you can use Landry's restaurant GCs in the AK Yak & Yeti? If so, saweeeeeeeeeeeet!
Ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615

I have only seen them online.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
jennyerin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenne View Post
You mean the one (table service) in AK? I didn't know they were owned by Landry's! So you can use Landry's restaurant GCs in the AK Yak & Yeti? If so, saweeeeeeeeeeeet!
If you are on the dining plan, is there any way to use the Landry gift card to pay for the tip or does it need to go your KTTW card? Thx.
jennyerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #12
mitchwebb
DIS Veteran

They are on the Costco site under McCormick & Schmick's which owns Landry's. I have not tried but have read you can also use the Wolfgang Puck GC at Downtown Disney locations.

We love Yak & Yeti and will spend the whole $100 on lunch for the five of us.

I actually got my GC card from AMEX Reward points this time around instead of Costco.

DHDD12DD15DD21*

mitchwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:43 PM   #13
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka View Post
The only one that I can think of is that Costco has the cheapest prices on rental cars. If you were planning on renting a car you may want to see if you can get a better deal through Costco.
Not necessarily. I rent fairly frequently and have never found the best discount through Costco. Perhaps the discounts just aren't good for the places where I need to rent.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #14
swilshire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace View Post
Not necessarily. I rent fairly frequently and have never found the best discount through Costco. Perhaps the discounts just aren't good for the places where I need to rent.
Location certainly makes a difference and I've never rented in Orlando through them, but I get amazing prices other places. I always book early and then keep checking back. My last rental was for 15 days on Maui last month. Final total was $268 for a standard size car. I checked every couple of weeks for price changes and rebooked when the prices went down. One weekend shortly before the trip the rate dropped $70 on Saturday and another $50 on Sunday. Checked a last time a couple of days before we flew out and they dropped again by $40.

For Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque in October, I booked a year out and got a decent price but then their prices went sky high along with all the other vendors. Doesn't look like that one will be going down. Too much demand that week.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:11 AM   #15
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilshire View Post
Location certainly makes a difference and I've never rented in Orlando through them, but I get amazing prices other places. I always book early and then keep checking back. My last rental was for 15 days on Maui last month. Final total was $268 for a standard size car. I checked every couple of weeks for price changes and rebooked when the prices went down. One weekend shortly before the trip the rate dropped $70 on Saturday and another $50 on Sunday. Checked a last time a couple of days before we flew out and they dropped again by $40.

For Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque in October, I booked a year out and got a decent price but then their prices went sky high along with all the other vendors. Doesn't look like that one will be going down. Too much demand that week.

Sheila
Our last two car rentals at MCO have been through the Costco site. In fact, the one I currently have for my upcoming Sept 14th-22nd trip is through Costco. So far it has beat the Visa, Southwest airlines, AP, Costco codes and all the other coupons I've tried booking through the other sites.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: