Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 06:58 AM   #1
DisneyDreamer1974
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 220

Costco benefits at Disney?

Ok, so my husband decided to join Costco yesterday. Ok, fine with that. We have been members before, but it has been a while. We are at 18 days away from our trip to Disney, is there any benefits I might be able to use being a member there that you can think of at this last minute?
DisneyDreamer1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
ssawka
DIS Veteran
 
ssawka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,428

The only one that I can think of is that Costco has the cheapest prices on rental cars. If you were planning on renting a car you may want to see if you can get a better deal through Costco.
__________________

Please show your support for GKTW!


"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-31-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.
 
Fire14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Ashley, OH/ Holland, MI
Posts: 8,913

Only things I can think of are:
Discounts on Rental car
Discount on Gift card to use at Bulid a dino or Trex Café,rain foest café.
__________________
Fire14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
McKelly
DIS Veteran
 
McKelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 2,920

Well, if you are only 18 days out, I am assuming you have your accomodations. Having said that, I have looked at Costco for the Swan/Dolphin and they seem to have good prices.
__________________
McKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment
 
Cheshire Figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Poinciana, FL (20 miles to WDW)
Posts: 38,457

I know that in California you can get discounted Disneyland tickets at Costco. But they do not sell WDW tickets in Florida (or elsewhere).
__________________
41 WDW Stays Totaling 321 nights between 1987 and mid-2003. (When "commuting" from Northern Virginia.)

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
mitchwebb
DIS Veteran
 
mitchwebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: San Francisco bay area
Posts: 688

The Rainforest and Trex GC can also be used for Yak & Yeti ($79 for a $100 card)
__________________
DL - 1967 - 2014
WDW-2005 Poly/BWV, 2008 BWV/Poly, Dec 2013 POR/GFV/BWV New Years
April 2015 CR/BWV

DHDD12DD15DD21*

mitchwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbell615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Way too far from Disney
Posts: 2,033

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwebb View Post
The Rainforest and Trex GC can also be used for Yak & Yeti ($79 for a $100 card)
Can you only purchase these at certain Costco location? I have not seen these at our location. Are they available to purchase online?
__________________
"You know, any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free." - Jiminy Cricket (Wishes)


tinkerbell615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:31 PM   #8
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.
 
Fire14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Ashley, OH/ Holland, MI
Posts: 8,913

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
Can you only purchase these at certain Costco location? I have not seen these at our location. Are they available to purchase online?
Our Costco sells the RFC gift card but it's advertised as another rest. owned by Landys which is corporate office of Trex, Rain Forest Etc. The gift card is good at any of them. I personally have never looked online but they may have them there.
__________________
Fire14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #9
Ravenne
A queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early.
 
Ravenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,232

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwebb View Post
The Rainforest and Trex GC can also be used for Yak & Yeti ($79 for a $100 card)
You mean the one (table service) in AK? I didn't know they were owned by Landry's! So you can use Landry's restaurant GCs in the AK Yak & Yeti? If so, saweeeeeeeeeeeet!
__________________
"Have a magical day!"
~R
5/24/2014 - Land & Sea: AOA, Dream, POR trip report
Ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran
 
SUSIEQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: S.C.
Posts: 1,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615

Can you only purchase these at certain Costco location? I have not seen these at our location. Are they available to purchase online?
I have only seen them online.
__________________
SUSIEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
jennyerin
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenne View Post
You mean the one (table service) in AK? I didn't know they were owned by Landry's! So you can use Landry's restaurant GCs in the AK Yak & Yeti? If so, saweeeeeeeeeeeet!
If you are on the dining plan, is there any way to use the Landry gift card to pay for the tip or does it need to go your KTTW card? Thx.
jennyerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #12
mitchwebb
DIS Veteran
 
mitchwebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: San Francisco bay area
Posts: 688

They are on the Costco site under McCormick & Schmick's which owns Landry's. I have not tried but have read you can also use the Wolfgang Puck GC at Downtown Disney locations.

We love Yak & Yeti and will spend the whole $100 on lunch for the five of us.

I actually got my GC card from AMEX Reward points this time around instead of Costco.
__________________
DL - 1967 - 2014
WDW-2005 Poly/BWV, 2008 BWV/Poly, Dec 2013 POR/GFV/BWV New Years
April 2015 CR/BWV

DHDD12DD15DD21*

mitchwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:43 PM   #13
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 8,155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka View Post
The only one that I can think of is that Costco has the cheapest prices on rental cars. If you were planning on renting a car you may want to see if you can get a better deal through Costco.
Not necessarily. I rent fairly frequently and have never found the best discount through Costco. Perhaps the discounts just aren't good for the places where I need to rent.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #14
swilshire
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Clinton TN
Posts: 4,995

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace View Post
Not necessarily. I rent fairly frequently and have never found the best discount through Costco. Perhaps the discounts just aren't good for the places where I need to rent.
Location certainly makes a difference and I've never rented in Orlando through them, but I get amazing prices other places. I always book early and then keep checking back. My last rental was for 15 days on Maui last month. Final total was $268 for a standard size car. I checked every couple of weeks for price changes and rebooked when the prices went down. One weekend shortly before the trip the rate dropped $70 on Saturday and another $50 on Sunday. Checked a last time a couple of days before we flew out and they dropped again by $40.

For Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque in October, I booked a year out and got a decent price but then their prices went sky high along with all the other vendors. Doesn't look like that one will be going down. Too much demand that week.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:11 AM   #15
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilshire View Post
Location certainly makes a difference and I've never rented in Orlando through them, but I get amazing prices other places. I always book early and then keep checking back. My last rental was for 15 days on Maui last month. Final total was $268 for a standard size car. I checked every couple of weeks for price changes and rebooked when the prices went down. One weekend shortly before the trip the rate dropped $70 on Saturday and another $50 on Sunday. Checked a last time a couple of days before we flew out and they dropped again by $40.

For Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque in October, I booked a year out and got a decent price but then their prices went sky high along with all the other vendors. Doesn't look like that one will be going down. Too much demand that week.

Sheila
Our last two car rentals at MCO have been through the Costco site. In fact, the one I currently have for my upcoming Sept 14th-22nd trip is through Costco. So far it has beat the Visa, Southwest airlines, AP, Costco codes and all the other coupons I've tried booking through the other sites.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.