Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #2161
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSKJ View Post
Haven't heard from my TA yet, but I just checked the reservation status of the trip I had booked for Sept in MDE. Looks like I've been worried for no reason! My reservation now reflects CSR for Oct 20-25 with FD!!
Wow! That's fantastic! Congrats!

So, everyone using a TA, check your online account and see if it has been changed.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #2162
jgates
Must vow NEVER to toggle the tags again!!!!
Sometimes the TF only visits when you sleep...
Sorry, my Jag is in the shop this week!
Motel 6's #1 source for free online advert

Finally on hold...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #2163
MarinaD
Mouseketeer

what do i do?

Ok, before FD/% off, I had the Contemporary Garden Room was $2200 now $1700..... now after the discount I was like, I can save $500 and stay where I am... or.... use that $ and see if we can stay elsewhere... so now, I want to stay club level - at Contemp its $2600, Poly $2300, Wilder $1900, Beach Club $2300.

what would you DO!???
Old 08-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #2164
honeybunches
That sounds like a cat poster, but it's true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie_Mom View Post
Thank you to Black! We are all so appreciative to you for bringing everyone this information and giving us the best chance possible to get our first choices.

I was able to book online this morning and secure a garden view at POR for December. We are so excited to be traveling to Disney during the Christmas season!

To everyone who is unsure of CSR, we absolutely love it! We would be staying their this year, but we wanted to have a little variety and thought that POR might be nice at Christmas time.

We have stayed at CSR with a newborn/toddler, toddler/preschooler, and adults only. Each trip has been enjoyable. We always request to stay in the Casitas... we enjoy the theming and find that they are nicely located in regards to bus stops and dining options. The pool/playground area is fantastic. Some of my best memories of CSR involve playing with my children on the playground. The food court has some really nice, unique items. There is also a small grab n' go area if you are in a hurry.

For those of you who may not already be following the disunplugged podcast, I suggest you watch/listen to their recent review of CSR on the June 4, 2013 episode. I think you will all feel much better after listening. This is a beautiful resort! You are going to love it!
Thanks so much for your encouragement!! I showed my DD some CSR pics yesterday because I was thinking we might switch from POFQ....she is super excited. My son asked if we can play on the cool playground and I was so glad to say YES! Hoping we are close to the buses and a spot where we can refill our mugs. I hated being so far from the food ct at POR last year.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #2165
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSKJ View Post
Haven't heard from my TA yet, but I just checked the reservation status of the trip I had booked for Sept in MDE. Looks like I've been worried for no reason! My reservation now reflects CSR for Oct 20-25 with FD!!
Yea! Super good news! Congrats!

Old 08-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #2166
BeastsFlower
Mouseketeer

I can't believe people aren't getting through still. Is it always like this when FD is offered?

The only downside of FD is now it's going to be so crowded when we go Oh well. I rather be in a crowded Disney then home lol
Old 08-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #2167
SouthernGirls3
Earning My Ears

OK, so next time I will book on my own or find out who used TA's that had emails out confirming their RD by 8am. I have not heard one word from mine after 4 hours. I could have/should have booked my 2nd choice this morning when I could My only hope is that she will be pulling some major Pixie Dust for us and I can forgive her OR I keep watching over the next week and get it done myself now. I'm in tears. And I am one of those "Family of 5" groups that seem to have almost NO options. Kind of feeling like Disney didn't want to offer FD to large families??
Old 08-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #2168
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirls3 View Post
OK, so next time I will book on my own or find out who used TA's that had emails out confirming their RD by 8am. I have not heard one word from mine after 4 hours. I could have/should have booked my 2nd choice this morning when I could My only hope is that she will be pulling some major Pixie Dust for us and I can forgive her OR I keep watching over the next week and get it done myself now. I'm in tears. And I am one of those "Family of 5" groups that seem to have almost NO options. Kind of feeling like Disney didn't want to offer FD to large families??

Last edited by lindap1; 08-01-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #2169
GusGus77
DIS Veteran

Ugghhhh......My brother tried to get free dining this morning and he was told by the CM that the FD was for SIX night stays and more only. (We are staying 5 nights.) I know that isn't how it has been and when I looked at the details online it no longer has that fine print that says a minimum of three nights. It now says six nights. So do you really need to stay six nights for FD? I booked online for 4 nights last night. Just want to check before jumping in the queue!!!!

And speaking of multiple reservations- So we had our original reservation 11/10-11/16 because we were going regardless. Tried to get FD online when it went live (POR RR) last night/this morning and couldn't. So to be safe since DD REALLY wants POR, I booked our trip with a RO discount (We extended our dates 11/08-11/16.) I finagled the dates and got FD for at POR for 11/11-11/15. So I booked it as I didn't want to loose it. (SO yes, THREE different reservations.) So now I have to cancel the original, and modify the second to fill in the extra days we are missing.

To FURTHER complicate things, the rest of the family is thinking of jumping ship at POR in order to get FD to Coronado Springs or Carribean Beach. (I wonder if there are pirate rooms still available??!?) Of course, that is depending on the REAL minimum package requirement for FD.

This was no supposed to be that complicated!!! This is our third year for FD and it has never been this complicated!!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #2170
kbsparks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiniglassesforme View Post
I would be afraid though that I would be found out and somehow be chastised for squeezing 5 people into a 4 person room. I wonder how many families do this on the DL.
I would be too afraid too. Our youngest is a big boy and compared to his brothers who are only 2 years older than him he doesn't look his age. He is only a few pounds lighter than one of the twins. last year we got several curious glances when we said, "yes he is only two" (granted he was almost three but oh well).
Old 08-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #2171
lindap1
DIS Veteran

o make matters worse..the disney website isn't even working...
Old 08-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #2172
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
The only thing I heard from TA was an email asking for patience...this was after I left a comment on their facebook page...nothing yet! I'm also in tears and I'm very aggravated
Keep checking your Disney account to see if your info has changed. It is possible that the TAs can't get back to you until all of their clients are taken care of. Good luck!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #2173
chrisc88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I heard from my TA at about 7:15 that POR was not available for my dates and sent her back an email to change resorts with 2 choices and have heard nothing since. Have checked both MDE and TA website and still shows "old" POR reservations

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 08-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #2174
HeyIt'sMe
For Tag Fairy's Use only
That weed whacker just intimidates me somethin' fierce!

Questions

OK, since I couldn't get FD for my entire stay I'm going to have to link 2 reservations - in all the years I've gone to Disney I've never had to do that. So many questons!

Reservation #1 - Free Dining Package
Check In Oct 19 / Check Out Oct 24
5 Day PH Tickets - will use 3 days of the ticket under this reservation

Reservation #2 - non-discounted Room Only
Check In Oct 24 / Check Out Oct 26

Questions:

I assume I will need to go to the Front Desk and checkin/checkout on Oct 24?

How will the 5 Day PH Tickets be handled? I think I have 14 days from initial use to use all 5 days. Correct? Will Disney link the remaining 2 days to my Reservation #2 when I do checkin/checkout on Oct 24?

Since checkout for FD is Oct 24 do I have until 11:59pm on that day to use my dining credits?

How would the RFID refillable mug work? For my entire visit? And what are the logisitics for that??

THANKS!!

1970s - Contemporary: Nov 1975
1980s - Offsite: Jun 1985
1990s - Polynesian: Oct 1991, Oct 1993

2000s - Polynesian: Sep 2000, Oct 2001, Sep 2002, Oct 2003, Oct 2004, Oct 2006, Oct 2008
2010s - Polynesian: Oct 2010, Oct 2011, Oct 2012, Oct 2013
Trip Planning in Progress - Grand Floridian (sorry Polynesian): Oct 2014
Old 08-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #2175
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

First off, MY HUGE THANKS TO JOE, DAVE and all the others on here who provided info, encouragement and a WHOLE bunch of LAUGHS!!!!

After feeling like this for so long......:heada che:

I now feel ....:thu mbsup2

Thanks again for all the fun! Now, who's buying the drinks tonight??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: