Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #2146
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
...about the same as me finishing the bourbon in one sittin.....oh, just finished it.

What's this thread, two days old? That's amazing. What are you trying to do, get thread of the month back to back?
But, of course!!
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Old 08-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #2147
Mickey Crew
Mickey Crew

Smile Heart attack but then HAPPY!!!

Okay, so I knew last night at 11:25pm that the FD offer was on the website. I set my alarm for 6:50am, got up and went to another room to call so I didn't wake up everybody in our house. My DH was already awake because TODAY is our 26th wedding anniversary! I called 407-939-7729 and when prompted I chose modify existing reservation since I had made them back in June. Original reservations were room only for four nights CBR pirate room and then 5 nights FD pkg (original FD dates) Contemporary theme park view. I finally got to the Disney music playing and waited...and waited...and waited...from 7:00am to 8:27am to be exact. Gave the CM my res# (had 2 #'s because booking 2 rooms...1 for me, DH & DD and the other for my mom, DS, daughter-in-law and granddaughter...our gift to our son was to take his family on their 1st Disney vacation as a family...daughter-in-law has only been once when she was 9yo and this will be our granddaughter's 1st trip!) Let me also say that I had received 4 "Your Story" books already in the mail (one with the 1st arrival date and the other with the arrival date when we change hotels for both rooms). THEN THE HEART ATTACK STARTED WHEN...the CM said she was showing only reservations for the Contemporary and nothing else. WHAT?!?!?!?! I immediately was upset and sooo worried that we were not going to get ANY free dining. So she was super nice and calm and said, "Tell me what your goal is and let me look." I told her that we would have to book the CBR pirate as a room only for 1 night due to FD not being available that day we arrive. Then we didn't want to have to change rooms but keep it the next 3 nights for the FD pkg then move to the Contemporary them park view for the FD pkg the next 5 nights. She said, "Let me start at the beginning and check for availability." Then she said, "Oh there are only 2 room only CBR pirate rooms available, let me get this in really quick." Got those!!! Then she did the same for the FD pkg CBR pirate rooms. Got those!!! Keep in mind that she was having to plug in our names...3 in one room, 4 in the other...she was having to get payment for the room onlys and deposits for the FD pkg rooms...requesting adjoining rooms and she also gave me the travel with #'s. She put in as much info so that at check-in there would be no questions. Then I asked her to go over the Contemporary FD pkg she could see in the system. She said, "Actually I was going to say that because your days are overlapping." The front page in her system for our Contemporary reservations had us arriving there and checking out on the days we were suppose to be at CBR. I almost cried because I thought for sure we were not going to get our theme park rooms with FD. She then said, "Let me actually go into the reservation and not just look at the front page." When she did the dates were correct in that. She said everything was fine. I told her that when I made those reservations I had the most confused CM I have ever had but that when they read everything to me it was correct. I also told her about receiving the "Your Story" books and that upon looking at them did notice that both dates showed the Contemporary as our hotel and nothing about CBR. I asked since the computer showed on the front page the wrong dates then would I have trouble? She said bring the "Your Story" book with you that shows the right date but you shouldn't have any problems at all. She was VERY good and I felt very at ease with her. So at 9am we were making sure all reservations had all i's dotted and t's crossed and I said, "I'm so happy I called this morning to get this straight." She said, "I am so happy you called this morning too right at 7am. There are over 1,000 calls on hold right now and if they all stay on hold some will wait over 5 hours." I was floored!!!!! When she got ready to hang up she said again how happy she was that I called because there were now over 1500 calls on hold. So if you are hearing Disney music and you can hold that long then don't hang up and call back because you will go to the back of the line. If not for reading this thread and seeing others still on hold then I would have probably hung up. And to think I almost said this morning, "Oh I'll just roll over and go back to sleep and call when I get up." Very thankful for an understanding DH that wanted to snuggle in bed on our anniversary before he went to work but I wanted to make sure we got Free Dining! After I told him our savings, he was happy too!!! Good luck to everybody on getting what they want!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #2148
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
You can do one of two things.

1) Add him to the reservation and drop all of your tickets down to the number of days he will need. Then you could have extra dining credits. You would just upgrade your other tickets at the park to the higher number of days.

2) Leave him off of the reservation and the day before he arrives you could go to the front desk and let them know he is coming. They will give him his own key on arrival day, and he could pay OOP for food.

Personally, option one would be my choice.
Thanks! I think i'll wait until a bit closer and see where he stands with taking the time off from work. Then if he thinks he'll be able to go we'll do option 1.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #2149
MinaFemme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
I am going to cry. My TA is still on hold 4 hours later and now the room I wanted, which has been available til about 15 minutes ago is gone.
My fingers are crossed for you!!

First stay on site: October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room garden view
Old 08-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #2150
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tddtex View Post
Need advise.

I had a res booked that I was hoping to just add the free dining.
I was on hold this AM for 90 minutes and had to go to work.

I ended up going online and booking basically the same res I had but with the free dining option. I have been on hold again now trying to Cancel my original res and again have been on hold for 1 hour 35 minutes so far. I only have about 10 more minutes before I have to go.

So I have 2 res at the exact same time. One with FD , one without.
Am I going to have a problem if I just call when Iget home tonight to cancel????
Nope. Just make sure they cancel the right one. Congrats!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #2151
Yeln4lks
Earning My Ears

booked at 730 but still no confirmation email. but my balance shows to be the new correct amount owed... woo hooo
Old 08-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #2152
AllThingsFigment
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tddtex View Post
Need advise.

I had a res booked that I was hoping to just add the free dining.
I was on hold this AM for 90 minutes and had to go to work.

I ended up going online and booking basically the same res I had but with the free dining option. I have been on hold again now trying to Cancel my original res and again have been on hold for 1 hour 35 minutes so far. I only have about 10 more minutes before I have to go.

So I have 2 res at the exact same time. One with FD , one without.
Am I going to have a problem if I just call when Iget home tonight to cancel????
I'm trying to do the same thing, except instead of canceling the original reservation I need to change the date. Hopefully I get through soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
Our trip is already booked and paid off through a TA. Plus, when I go online to check availability for CSR is says unavailable
What are your dates? Have you thought about staying anywhere else?
Old 08-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #2153
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am going to cry. My TA is still on hold 4 hours later and now the room I wanted, which has been available til about 15 minutes ago is gone.
Oh no! Sending lots of pixie dust!!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #2154
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've been waiting on your update Sorry. Hopefully your TA has snagged it for you a few minutes ago or that it all works out.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Old 08-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #2155
Earth Mama
Mouseketeer

I have been calling since 6:59 to get the RO discount at AoA and can't even get put on hold...just busy signal or all circuits are busy.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #2156
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

Sending pixie dust to all of you still trying to make this happen!

I was at work until 1130pm last night CT and the offer was live then. I got online as soon as I came home and booked our room at ASMu with FD. I will call when things calm down to cancel the room only res that we previously were holding. If I had set my alarm to get up to call in at 6am and gone thru what others are relating, lack of sleep would have made me

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #2157
SJSKJ
Mouseketeer

Haven't heard from my TA yet, but I just checked the reservation status of the trip I had booked for Sept in MDE. Looks like I've been worried for no reason! My reservation now reflects CSR for Oct 20-25 with FD!!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #2158
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiniglassesforme View Post
I was just wondering how many people break that rule though, that's all. Sorry - I was not trying to imply otherwise.
I'm sure it happens, but aside from being just plain wrong, that eliminates your usage of EMH since not everyone would have a room key.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #2159
honeybunches
That sounds like a cat poster, but it's true

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post

Hi ladies! Well, when I woke up at 5AM I decided to see if I could book FD online and I could! But there were NO rooms available at POR for Nov 21 - 30. So, I went with my other option...6 nights WL w/FD and then 3 nights at the Swan on points. It costs basically the same amount as staying 9 nights at a mod with FD. I am now dreaming of the boat ride over from WL to MK

So glad you both were able to get FD, even though it is not at POFQ or POR. You will have an amazing time! I do want to find time to visit POFQ though, don't you? I want a beignet, darn it!
If it makes you feel any better I was up at 12 AM and saw the offer go up. I didn't see any POR availability at that time. We ended up just changing our resort to CSR (online)
Old 08-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #2160
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?

Havnt heard for my TA yet and I'm sure that's because she has a ton of people to get changed. But I couldn't wait so I logged into my disney experience !!!! And it looks like we got FD!!!! We were booked at POFQ and now it show CBR!!!! So thankful that she got it for us!!! ( guess I can't say 100% until I get her confirm) but it looks like we got it!!! Can't wait to go this saves us a lot of $

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: