Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #2116
ldoogie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebpompano View Post
WooHoo!!! Wait wasn't as long as she said and I got Riverside!!! Thrilled after 3 hours and 25 minutes at this today!!! Now to wait for the email confirmation... Hope everyone can finally get what they wanted too!
What are your dates if you don't mind me asking? I am really surprised POR hardly has any FD slots. It's such a huge resort. I think we will see some rooms open up, esp with all of us cancelling and switching to other resorts.

The website is broken and keeps kicking me out of the FD offer to regular room rates, so frustrating.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #2117
staceycrouton
Mouseketeer

After being on hold for well over two hours my TA finally got through. Then, she was disconnected. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #2118
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
ugh! I called this morning and waited an hour and a half and they said my TA has not changed anything. SO I email my TA and this is how she responds.....

I have received your email and am working on your requests. Please allow a full 24 hours for me to get back to you.
TAs have to call a dedicated number, so their wait times are really long. Some have been on hold for over 3 hours.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #2119
LetsDoDisney!
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
It is a 3 night minimum stay. 6 nights was just the savings example in the advertisement.
GRoannnnnn! I didn't WANT to add another day, just did to get the room and dining I wanted. I am new at staying onsite, can I change this from a 6 night to a 5 night stay online or do I have to call?

Old 08-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #2120
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Hubby just called to see if we got free dining yet and I told him no..he proceeded to say if we don't get it then we're cancelling disney and we'll go somewhere that doesn't rip you off His only stipulation with this trip was free dining, so I knew there might be a chance that this trip would be a bust. He's not going to disney for himself...only for our dd. He'd rather be on the beach somewhere relaxing....oh, well, I'm going to start looking at different vacation ideas just incase...
Old 08-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #2121
mickeymomof3girls
Earning My Ears

So I haven't heard back from my TA yet on exact total saving but I can see in my Disney experience that he changed our reservations from POR to 2 rooms at pop. I had gave him our top 3 choices to work with this morning. I am disappointed that we can get POR it would have saved us another $1300 or so. But still happy we will be getting about $1800 in savings!! And I guess I will appreciate 2 bathrooms in October with 5 of us . So excited for our trip!! 61 days! We will be there 10-2--10-13!!
Old 08-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #2122
Horizons19
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefmb View Post
I made my online reservation around 8:15 and had an email at 8:20.
I got through immediately at 6am and still no email confirmation at 10:47am. I will worry until I see it in writing.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #2123
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Ugggg! That is truly awful! So sorry. Maybe booking on you own might be better????

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I just don't know what to do, I have paid my trip in full so I dont want to rebook again. It is just so frustrating. The Cm I talked to gave me the number to the Travel Agent Line. I keep trying to call it and it is busy. She said maybe they will let me change my reservation.

JUNE 2010- POFQ

NOVEMBER 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC

Septmber 2015- All Star Resort

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
Old 08-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #2124
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiniglassesforme View Post
Just hypothetically, what's to prevent a family of 5 from booking with just a party of 4, then paying for a ticket themselves from undercover tourist, and paying for meals out of pocket for the extra person? If it was the difference between us going, and not being able to go, I wonder how many families consider this possibility. Especially if the kids are small.
Helping someone to go against Disney policy is not allowed on this forum. The reason they have limits are about fire codes, not to make people pay more money or suffer.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #2125
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
TAs have to call a dedicated number, so their wait times are really long. Some have been on hold for over 3 hours.
wow! so hopefully she is just on hold but I don't see her waiting that long!!

JUNE 2010- POFQ

NOVEMBER 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC

Septmber 2015- All Star Resort

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
Old 08-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #2126
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
Hubby just called to see if we got free dining yet and I told him no..he proceeded to say if we don't get it then we're cancelling disney and we'll go somewhere that doesn't rip you off His only stipulation with this trip was free dining, so I knew there might be a chance that this trip would be a bust. He's not going to disney for himself...only for our dd. He'd rather be on the beach somewhere relaxing....oh, well, I'm going to start looking at different vacation ideas just incase...
That's why it's best to wait until deals are announced to book anything. Disney doesn't guarantee discounts. Hopefully your TA comes through for you, i'm crossing my fingers!

5/05 Pop, 12/06 POFQ, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 All Star Movies, 4/09 CBR/AKV/Disney Wonder, 12/11 Pop, 11/13 All Star Music, 11/14 CSR
Old 08-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #2127
martiniglassesforme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizaisabel View Post
I am having the issue. My third kid is only 4 and that is what I was thinking to do. Actually, I booked that way at RR since for 5 in a deluxe or Suite is about 2,000 more. I will bring an air mattress. Anyone did this in the past and any feedback?
I would be afraid though that I would be found out and somehow be chastised for squeezing 5 people into a 4 person room. I wonder how many families do this on the DL.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #2128
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
hubby just called to see if we got free dining yet and i told him no..he proceeded to say if we don't get it then we're cancelling disney and we'll go somewhere that doesn't rip you off His only stipulation with this trip was free dining, so i knew there might be a chance that this trip would be a bust. He's not going to disney for himself...only for our dd. He'd rather be on the beach somewhere relaxing....oh, well, i'm going to start looking at different vacation ideas just incase...
why don't you book it yourself??????????
Old 08-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #2129
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymomof3girls View Post
So I haven't heard back from my TA yet on exact total saving but I can see in my Disney experience that he changed our reservations from POR to 2 rooms at pop. I had gave him our top 3 choices to work with this morning. I am disappointed that we can get POR it would have saved us another $1300 or so. But still happy we will be getting about $1800 in savings!! And I guess I will appreciate 2 bathrooms in October with 5 of us . So excited for our trip!! 61 days! We will be there 10-2--10-13!!

Last edited by lindap1; 08-01-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #2130
martiniglassesforme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnheather View Post
Helping someone to go against Disney policy is not allowed on this forum. The reason they have limits are about fire codes, not to make people pay more money or suffer.
I was just wondering how many people break that rule though, that's all. Sorry - I was not trying to imply otherwise.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: