Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #2041
blo2002
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leagle123 View Post
Two hours hold time total lead me to speaking with one of the nicest CM's I've ever spoken to. Unfortunately, no rooms available at the POR so I am disappointed as I was looking forward to staying there for the first time (you wouldn't think someone from New Orleans would want that as a first choice, but I was looking forward to exploring the resort and the POFQ side as well). We switched our reservation to CSR in a king standard with the Deluxe DDP and saved $600 off of our original reservation price. I have stayed at CSR once before and it is a very nice resort for those of you that may have never stayed there. I personally am not that crazy about the food court there, but there are many people who love it (I always use POP as my standard for food courts and nothing else ever seems to compare for me). It is a very big resort, but it's beautiful and tranquil. The Casitas area has a lot of gardens and fountains and I found it to be fairly quiet (compared to POP which is usually where we stay). For people who have kids and enjoy the swimming pool area in general, this resort probably has the best on site swimming pool of any of the resorts. Just wanted to give my thoughts as it seems to be the resort many have had to switch to in order to get FD. Finally, a huge shout out to Joe for coming through on this for everybody!! I don't post that often, but I do read the boards and I thought you were unnecessarily raked over the coals a little by a few people when the DV portion of the rumor didn't come to fruition!! I just wanted to say a big thank you for the heads up!!
I'm on the Westbank and I wanted POR but hubby(who is not from New Orleans) said no because we live here and he want something different.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #2042
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
You will have your room. She just means she'll get back to you with whatever she is able to get for you.
Would that mean that since I'm already booked with dining...that I WILL get Free dining? or that it depends if there is any fd left at CSR?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #2043
amelia1
Mouseketeer

Question... When I called and "modified" my reservation for FD, that wouldn't wipe out my MNSSHP tickets would it?! I know I paid for those already but when I log in to Disney's website, look under "My Itinerary" I don't see those tickets anywhere.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #2044
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
POP is AWESOME. Plus, I'll be there. There is always a chance things will open up later. Get what you can and keep checking.

Well, you do make me feel a little better if I end up doing POP. Maybe there will be mass cancellations. LOL

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Old 08-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #2045
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Those are my exact dates...nothing...
Moved my trip to the 17 and got it in a Royal Room.

No trips planned for now but fingers crossed for DCL in 2015.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #2046
ddeschon
Earning My Ears

Booked online at midnight and we are staying at boardwalk for 5 nights oct 27th to nov 1 since POR only had royal rooms avail!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #2047
Scootchu
Earning My Ears

Just curious, for those that have booked online, was the FD applied at checkout or did the total include the dining package. I was looking at the Poly and the website is buggy and shows the total with dining reflected in it.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #2048
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelia1 View Post
Question... When I called and "modified" my reservation for FD, that wouldn't wipe out my MNSSHP tickets would it?! I know I paid for those already but when I log in to Disney's website, look under "My Itinerary" I don't see those tickets anywhere.
Not at all. Totally fine!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #2049
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
Would that mean that since I'm already booked with dining...that I WILL get Free dining? or that it depends if there is any fd left at CSR?
Only depends on if there is availability left. Good luck.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #2050
trouttigger
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how much?

How much will it cost per person to upgrade from QS to regular dining?

AS Music - Feb. 2000
AS Music - Jan. 2009
Port Orleans Riverside - Dec. 2011
Discovery Cove & SeaWorld - Dec. 2012
Coronado Springs - Dec. 2013
Old 08-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #2051
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootchu View Post
Just curious, for those that have booked online, was the FD applied at checkout or did the total include the dining package. I was looking at the Poly and the website is buggy and shows the total with dining reflected in it.
You have to go through the "special deals"

Old 08-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #2052
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouttigger View Post
How much will it cost per person to upgrade from QS to regular dining?
Approx $19 per night for ages 10 and up, and approx. $4 per night for ages 3-9.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #2053
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just got an email from my so called TA...she said "I know you are excited about possible discounts, and the boards can get everyone in quite a frenzy.

At this point, I am still working very hard at getting discounts.

I need to please ask for your patience right now. I will let you know as soon as I have more information.

Have a magical day! "

What information does she need???? I would hope that she is getting FD for people that already have their resorts booked!! Next time i will NOT go through a TA again...it will be done by myself. I'm assuming since I'm already booked and paid that my room will be there when we arrive on Nov 10th. I wouldn't think I would get knocked out of my room that I requested

I would like to also add that I already have the dining plan on my reservation so I would assume I can just get it switched over to FD...right?
Sorry you had a bad experience, I emailed my TA last night pretty late, and this morning she was on the phone getting it changed, she was on hold for 50 mins, and emailed me confirming my ressie by 8 Florida time
Old 08-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #2054
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

AHHH! I was just about to give up after 2 hours and 15 minutes, and I got through AND she was able to switch me to ASMu and get me FD. It's not going to save us a ton of money, but any money saved is a good thing! YAY and THANK YOU DIS BOARDS!!!!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #2055
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Just got an email from my so called TA...she said "I know you are excited about possible discounts, and the boards can get everyone in quite a frenzy.

At this point, I am still working very hard at getting discounts.

I need to please ask for your patience right now. I will let you know as soon as I have more information.

Have a magical day! "

What information does she need???? I would hope that she is getting FD for people that already have their resorts booked!! Next time i will NOT go through a TA again...it will be done by myself. I'm assuming since I'm already booked and paid that my room will be there when we arrive on Nov 10th. I wouldn't think I would get knocked out of my room that I requested

I would like to also add that I already have the dining plan on my reservation so I would assume I can just get it switched over to FD...right?
I can feel your frustration, sorry! Having the dining plan does not guarantee free dining; there are a certain number of rooms allotted per resort and when that number is filled, it's filled. Hopefully she will then move on to alternative choices if that is the case. Good luck!!! Wish you the best! Hang in there, kiddo!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: