Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
LovemesomeDW
Mouseketeer

Online payments - what am I doing wrong???

OMG I cannot figure out how to make a payment online. I pull up my reservation online and the the only thing it says is dates or trip and guest listed. No option anywhere to pay online. I can't even find my balance owed! What am I doing wrong?
LovemesomeDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovemesomeDW View Post
OMG I cannot figure out how to make a payment online. I pull up my reservation online and the the only thing it says is dates or trip and guest listed. No option anywhere to pay online. I can't even find my balance owed! What am I doing wrong?
Nothing. The website is a giant mess.

There is a link to the old website that works sometimes for some people, but I'd just call and pay it over the phone to avoid any issues.
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
LovemesomeDW
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I've had nothing but problems with their website. Quite surprising that something as big as WDW would have such a bad website!
LovemesomeDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
Stitch Waffles
Earning My Ears

I've reported similar issues last week. They mentioned one could pay through the app. I had already called and paid over the phone out of frustration so I couldn't try that route.
Stitch Waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

For our 2013 trip, I did the following.

Log into your account on the Disney World site using the sign in tab not the My Disney Experience tab.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Look on your right and you'll see Order Customized Maps. Click on it.

On the customized maps page, look about an inch or so down on the left side it should say Welcome **** and then to the right of that you'll see My Reservations. Click on it.

Your reservations should show up on the next page. Click on View Details.

Scroll down until you see Pay Balance Now. Click that and on the next page, you'll be allowed to make payments.

It's a long way around but it works.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
mkbroas
Delightfully Deranged by Disney

Hi, make your payment on the old website here:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/

Click on View Details under your reservation. It will open the section where you can pay.

mkbroas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
linze
Earning My Ears

Can anyone still access the old website to make payments? I've tried and it redirects me to the new sucky one
linze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #8
luvdisney87
Earning My Ears

I agree! The new website stinks! I liked the old one better and the other poster was correct...something as big as the Disney company should have a better website. It's very frustrating.
luvdisney87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #9
BuddyThomas
Mouseketeer

The website is awful. Just call and they will be happy to suck your bank account dry over the phone and them tell you to have a magical day.

BuddyThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #10
mkbroas
Delightfully Deranged by Disney

Hi everyone. You need to clear your cookies before you click on the link. Hopefully it will work for you then.

mkbroas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #11
crystaltink
Mouseketeer

I can't even log on to the Disney website. I keep getting an error message.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #12
laura428
DIS Veteran

Thought I'd revive this thread to post a buyer beware...

I've been trying for the last 30 minutes to pay off my trip (only 51 days left!). After waffling between Disney telling me that "payment details are at this time" and letting me through, only to stall in the payment process, then finally telling me it couldn't process a payment on my credit card, I was totally frustrated. Since it's after 9:00pm, I thought I'd just call in the morning. But then I found this thread with the link to the old website, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Only to find that my balance was $0.00.

I checked my credit card balance online to see if a payment actually had gone through and, sure enough, there it was.

As others have already mentioned, I cannot believe how horrible the Disney site is. For as much care they give to the presentation of their parks (and they really really do), it just seems crazy to me that they don't give as much attention to what, for many, is the first impression of what they offer. Looks pretty at first glance, but once you dive in, it's just a complete mess.
2014 Princess Half Marathon
laura428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:11 AM   #13
CuteAndFluffy
DIS Veteran

Location: Second Cornfield to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura428
Thought I'd revive this thread to post a buyer beware...

I've been trying for the last 30 minutes to pay off my trip (only 51 days left!). After waffling between Disney telling me that "payment details are at this time" and letting me through, only to stall in the payment process, then finally telling me it couldn't process a payment on my credit card, I was totally frustrated. Since it's after 9:00pm, I thought I'd just call in the morning. But then I found this thread with the link to the old website, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Only to find that my balance was $0.00.

I checked my credit card balance online to see if a payment actually had gone through and, sure enough, there it was.

As others have already mentioned, I cannot believe how horrible the Disney site is. For as much care they give to the presentation of their parks (and they really really do), it just seems crazy to me that they don't give as much attention to what, for many, is the first impression of what they offer. Looks pretty at first glance, but once you dive in, it's just a complete mess.
It happened to me the other day, too. At least it didn't double dip my checking account, which I have also heard of happening.

--A
CuteAndFluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #14
retlaw_yensid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovemesomeDW View Post
Did you use a travel agent to book your reservation? If so, payments have to go through the TA. This is something I just learned myself.
retlaw_yensid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #15
afrabuck
Earning My Ears

I think it's best to call in your payment. I know it's a pain, but take it from someone who has had difficulties. The website has major major bugs. After I saw I was having difficulty I checked my credit card statement online. Good thing I did, because there was 3 separate charges! Had to call the reservation line anyway just to get my payment straightened out.

afrabuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: