Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
kbphares23
Earning My Ears

Need help!!!!

Ok, we are going on the Wonder 10/12/13 and one of the stops is to Nassau. I really want to go to Atlantis! It's going to be myself, husband, my mom and two little ones (2 & 4). Should we book it through Disney or would it be safe to book it with so wine off the boat? Are their other ways to book the excursion? Is it safe to book it when we get to Nassau? Will it be cheaper or about the same? Will it be worth going, especially with two little ones? I know lots of questions, this is why indeed help!!!!

Thanks!
kbphares23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
sammykster
Earning My Ears

From what I got talking to the desk on our last trip it is a little cheaper on occasion but they recommend booking through Disney when transportation is involved. Obviously they get more money but then they also know you're on an excursion if something happens and the return trip is running late. They're less likely to wait if you're late and they don't know where you are. Hope that helps!! Have a good trip

9/20/14-9/27/14 Anniversary Trip @ Pop Century
Disney Fantasy Cruise 5/3/2014-5/10/2014
WDW @ Art of Animation 5/2/2014
WDW @ Art of Animation 4/17/13-4/24/13
Disney Magic Cruise 10/27/12-11/3/12
WDW @ Fort Wilderness Cabins 5/13/12-5/21/12
WDW @ Walt Disney Dolphin August 2000
WDW @ Caribbean Beach Resort 1993
sammykster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.

Here is my rules on booking excursions.
* If the price is close to the same I book with the cruise line.
* If the excursion is a long drive I book with the cruise line.
* If the time is short or close to leaving the port I book with the cruise line.

The thing you need to remember is the ship leaves the port with or without you. If you are on a cruise excursion they will wait as long as they can and if you still do not make it they will get you to the next port. If you are on a non cruise excursion you are on your own.

I do lots of excursions on my own and save lots of money and often have better excursions. I just make sure I have time to get back to the ship if there are problems. Most of the ports there are lots of people that just explore on their own without excursions. We have a cruise in December and in both Key West and Nassau we are just getting off the ship and going on our own. We will make sure what the local time is and what the ship time is to make sure we are back in plenty of time to get on the ship and not watch it leave from the docks.

http://gocaribbean.about.com/od/tour...itAtlantis.htm

Here's the pricing I found on the Cruise Critic site so you can compare it with the Disney Excursion.
Without a day pass, the only thing you can do for free is gamble, or shop in the older section (coral/beach tower).. You are no longer allowed to walk around the lobbies or out onto the patios to view the grounds.
Security will ask you to leave.

DIGS Aquarium/predator lagoon ($40pp) does not include the grounds, pools, beaches or waterpark. This is strictly the aquarium.

Beach pass - $69pp. Include a specific section of the main beach, and the DIGS.. it does NOT include the pools, lounges near the pools, lagoons or waterpark. ( this is the same beach that extends east to the FREE public beach - Cabbage Beach).

AquaPark ($110 - $139pp depending on the season). This includes DIGS, Pools and water park. It does NOT include dolphiin Cay, snorkeing the ruins, rock wall or any other fee based attraction.

Property is Cashless.. so bring along a credit card. .
Aquapark tickets are restricted, only a limited # are sold per day. Once they are gone there are no more available for the day
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008

Last edited by MikeAndNick; 08-04-2013 at 01:11 PM.
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
Microbe1936
Mouseketeer

We went last year on the Dream with our 3 and 5 DDs. We booked the Atlantis water park adventure through DCL prior to the departure date. It was very easy. Easy transportation, easy wrist bands, and easy return to the ship. We are going again this fall and will book via DCL again. Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
1977 - Polynesian, 1979 - Contemporary, 1982 - Contemporary, 1988 - Contemporary, 1992 - Polynesian, 1996 - Disneyland California, 1996-2001 - Cast Member (Opening Crew Animal Kingdom & Disney Magic), 2005 - Coronado Springs & Florida Annual Pass Holder Begins, 2011 - Fort Wilderness 4x, 2012 - Fort Wilderness 5x, 2012 - Hong Kong Disneyland, First Disney Dream 5N Cruise, 2013. Fort Wilderness - 3x, and Disney Dream 3N Cruise in Concierge

Microbe1936 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: