Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #16
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If you need three full meals per day for medical reasons, the options would be to 1) get the deluxe dining plan (you can upgrade your free dining to the deluxe plan by paying the difference) and use each credit for one meal - meaning you will probably not have the option of doing any 2 credit restaurants, or 2) purchase an extra meal out of pocket. Or just don't get the dining plan if it is not going to work for you, and purchase the meals you want, where and when you want them.

If you are asking whether or not WDW will change the dining plans to customize them for medical reasons, they will not.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #17
darnheather
DIS Veteran

There is no worries about eating three meals a day. Most people do it and it doesn't depend on their size.

Another option for you would be to have a granola bar and yogurt or something similar in your room for breakfast. If the fridges aren't back when you travel there are still lots of options. I think a lot of people take this option.

My family's plan is to share one child's meal and one adult meal at breakfast. The breakfast platters are large and two of us are light breakfast eaters. We will share two adult meals at lunch. Have snacks as early as we need them. And use individual credits for dinner. I'll probably have some other snacks in the room or in the backpack just in case.

Best of luck and have a great trip!

No trips planned for now but fingers crossed for DCL in 2015.
darnheather is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2013, 04:58 PM   #18
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

What I would personally do if I needed to eat 3 full meals daily is buy the regular DP for lunches and dinners, and then buy CS breakfasts OOP at my resort.

DxDP does give you appetizers at lunch and dinner, so depending on how much you eat at each meal, that might influence the decision too.

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:32 PM   #19
DisneyWorld2015
Earning My Ears

I was worried about the same thing because I am a BIG eater! However, last time I went, I had the regular dining plan & was satisfied all day long. Most of the time, I used the quick service meal for breakfast & was fairly full for most of the day. I used the snack credit later in the day, & typically had dinner a tad early. We also purchased a small box of pastries (out of pocket) & ended up eating some for breakfast & using the quick service for lunch.

DisneyWorld2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:35 PM   #20
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
What I would personally do if I needed to eat 3 full meals daily is buy the regular DP for lunches and dinners, and then buy CS breakfasts OOP at my resort.

DxDP does give you appetizers at lunch and dinner, so depending on how much you eat at each meal, that might influence the decision too.
I like your idea
Old 07-31-2013, 05:39 PM   #21
bedogged
Choose parents that aged well

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
The ddp only gives you two meals? What about people that need three meals for medical reasons, I get that paying one Mel oop is better then paying for all three, but is it worth it.
This is the advice I just gave to someone who was using the Deluxe Dinning plan and had someone in their party that was Diabetic and needed three timed meals a day. It might help you as well:

We do Deluxe Dinning every time we go. Since your group is mainly adults, I would suggest that you use your snack credits for a morning meal in the hotel or use them for a quick lunch should you choose to do a one credit character breakfast. Book a one credit TS lunch at noon if you use your snack credits for breakfast. At night do an earlier Signature meal. This will accommodate the Diabetic person as well as maximize the value of your plan.
bedogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #22
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedogged View Post

This is the advice I just gave to someone who was using the Deluxe Dinning plan and had someone in their party that was Diabetic and needed three timed meals a day. It might help you as well:

We do Deluxe Dinning every time we go. Since your group is mainly adults, I would suggest that you use your snack credits for a morning meal in the hotel or use them for a quick lunch should you choose to do a one credit character breakfast. Book a one credit TS lunch at noon if you use your snack credits for breakfast. At night do an earlier Signature meal. This will accommodate the Diabetic person as well as maximize the value of your plan.
Thank you

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: