Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #1096
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Congrates! I am happy all your calls were not in vain. I haven't tried calling back since my second call and the person I spoke to in IT told me I had to wait and fix it a guest services because I bought my tix from UT.
Not true as you can see... Call make sure they have you logged in to get fixed ... Never take the first answer they give you good luck hope they fix it got you..
Old 09-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #1097
MinnieKitty
Mouseketeer

Just thought I'd share my experience with this today...

We made last minute resort ressies about a week ago for this weekend. I had read about the Be Our Guest lunch ressie website on here, and decided to put in my confirmation number and see if it would work. It did, on the first try, without any issues at all. I picked our time slot, preordered our food, and double (and triple) checked that everything was confirmed.

Well, today we show up at Be Our Guest during our time slot, and they don't have our name in their system. We don't have magic bands, just our KTTW cards and our AP's. They seemed very confused, but the woman at the podium said just to go through the FP+ line anyways, but we would have to order our food again. As we were walking up the bridge, another CM stopped us and asked what we were doing. I explained the situation to her, and she was very reluctant to let us pass. I told her we made the reservation, told her the time slot, the things we ordered, etc and she eventually just let us go in. I didn't take a screen shot of our ressie (knowing what I know now, really wish I did!) and they never asked for our KTTW card or anything. We were in the restaurant, had our food ordered and were to our table in about 5 minutes. It was a super quick, efficient process. The regular line was all the way down the bridge, then turned and went back towards Gaston's Tavern. So, we were very thankful that we had made those reservations, and that they let us through without any concrete proof.

I just wanted to share this experience because I get the feeling that we just got lucky today, and usually, they are going to want some way to verify we actually had a reservation. It is very strange to me that the system allowed me to even make a reservation for this, and then we weren't on the list at all. They definitely have a lot of kinks to work out with this. I know a lot of people were worried about their reservations going through, so my advice is take as much evidence of your reservation as you can.

Sidenote: The food was SO delicious and the inside is BEAUTIFUL!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #1098
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieKitty View Post
Just thought I'd share my experience with this today...

We made last minute resort ressies about a week ago for this weekend. I had read about the Be Our Guest lunch ressie website on here, and decided to put in my confirmation number and see if it would work. It did, on the first try, without any issues at all. I picked our time slot, preordered our food, and double (and triple) checked that everything was confirmed.

Well, today we show up at Be Our Guest during our time slot, and they don't have our name in their system. We don't have magic bands, just our KTTW cards and our AP's. They seemed very confused, but the woman at the podium said just to go through the FP+ line anyways, but we would have to order our food again. As we were walking up the bridge, another CM stopped us and asked what we were doing. I explained the situation to her, and she was very reluctant to let us pass. I told her we made the reservation, told her the time slot, the things we ordered, etc and she eventually just let us go in. I didn't take a screen shot of our ressie (knowing what I know now, really wish I did!) and they never asked for our KTTW card or anything. We were in the restaurant, had our food ordered and were to our table in about 5 minutes. It was a super quick, efficient process. The regular line was all the way down the bridge, then turned and went back towards Gaston's Tavern. So, we were very thankful that we had made those reservations, and that they let us through without any concrete proof.

I just wanted to share this experience because I get the feeling that we just got lucky today, and usually, they are going to want some way to verify we actually had a reservation. It is very strange to me that the system allowed me to even make a reservation for this, and then we weren't on the list at all. They definitely have a lot of kinks to work out with this. I know a lot of people were worried about their reservations going through, so my advice is take as much evidence of your reservation as you can.

Sidenote: The food was SO delicious and the inside is BEAUTIFUL!

Great info, thanks!

Now I don't feel too bad that I can't get through on the site to make a reservation.

I don't mind the tech hassle now, but once at WDW, I don't like to spend precious time trying to get tech stuff fixed.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #1099
sweepy109
Earning My Ears

Has anyone who has NOT gotten an invitation but WAS able to make reservations been turned away at BOG? I was able to make reservation and kind of nervous about being turned down once we are there.
sweepy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #1100
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepy109 View Post
Has anyone who has NOT gotten an invitation but WAS able to make reservations been turned away at BOG? I was able to make reservation and kind of nervous about being turned down once we are there.
Take a screen shot to show just in case..
Old 09-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #1101
MinnieKitty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepy109 View Post

That was our situation, and if you look two posts above yours, you'll see my detailed experience with this today.

Definitely take a screen shot of your reservation. It completely depends on who is working.. one CM might take your word for it if they can't find your reservation, and another may not. The one at the podium was very nice and believed me. She said very few guests even know about the lunch reservations, so if I say I had one, odds are I did. However, when we were walking up the bridge, there was a CM who definitely made a scene and asked us 21 questions. It was super awkward because it was right in front of a very long line of guests waiting in the hot sun, and they did not seem too happy about us being ushered right in.

*Since my last post, I visited the concierge at our resort to talk to them about this. She said that she thinks (and she didn't seem too sure of herself so who knows) that you are supposed to check in at Guest Relations at Magic Kingdom the morning of your reservation so they know you are coming. I told her that sounded odd to me but she said if I do that, our name should definitely be on the list this time. We are going back on Sunday, so I will post my experience here again later Sunday or on Monday and let you all know. I'm not too happy about wasting morning hours at MK doing this. We wanted to hit the few rides we have not done yet. I'm starting to think getting in line at 10:15am for the 10:30am opening would be less of a headache than showing up in the middle of the busy lunch hour with a "reservation" that may or may not exist.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #1102
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That was our situation, and if you look two posts above yours, you'll see my detailed experience with this today. Definitely take a screen shot of your reservation. It completely depends on who is working.. one CM might take your word for it if they can't find your reservation, and another may not. The one at the podium was very nice and believed me. She said very few guests even know about the lunch reservations, so if I say I had one, odds are I did. However, when we were walking up the bridge, there was a CM who definitely made a scene and asked us 21 questions. It was super awkward because it was right in front of a very long line of guests waiting in the hot sun, and they did not seem too happy about us being ushered right in. *Since my last post, I visited the concierge at our resort to talk to them about this. She said that she thinks (and she didn't seem too sure of herself so who knows) that you are supposed to check in at Guest Relations at Magic Kingdom the morning of your reservation so they know you are coming. I told her that sounded odd to me but she said if I do that, our name should definitely be on the list this time. We are going back on Sunday, so I will post my experience here again later Sunday or on Monday and let you all know. I'm not too happy about wasting morning hours at MK doing this. We wanted to hit the few rides we have not done yet. I'm starting to think getting in line at 10:15am for the 10:30am opening would be less of a headache than showing up in the middle of the busy lunch hour with a "reservation" that may or may not exist.
Were you also using FP +?
Old 09-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #1103
MinnieKitty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickpiteo View Post
Were you also using FP +?

No, we are not part of Magic Bands or FP+ testing. We are just AP holders who made a room only reservation and were able to make a lunch ressie for BOG with the resort confirmation number.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #1104
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
*Since my last post, I visited the concierge at our resort to talk to them about this. She said that she thinks (and she didn't seem too sure of herself so who knows) that you are supposed to check in at Guest Relations at Magic Kingdom the morning of your reservation so they know you are coming. I told her that sounded odd to me but she said if I do that, our name should definitely be on the list this time. .
I kind of recall reading that you are supposed to do this one of the multiple threads on BOG FP+. Will be interested to see how things go for you on Sunday.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #1105
IwannaseeMickey
Mouseketeer

I used it yesterday, simply walked up to the odium at out appt time and told the cm my name, no scanning of bands or anything...she told us to proceed to the castle doors...easy!
IwannaseeMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #1106
disneygal55
DIS Veteran

I have tried the link, using both my reservation number (DVC) and MB number and cannot get past this screen. Do you have to check into your resort online before you can access the reservation FP? I have 3 reservations at MK for that day already...is that what the problem is?
Old 09-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #1107
pooch
I feel so special now!!

have not checked in

but I can get all the way to selecting day/time. There are no times available as yet but...

Has anyone been able to get ressies for the first week in Dec. yet? Looking for 12/2 and 12/4. I'm thinking its just too early for me, not that all available slots are booked. (did that sound hopeful???)

pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #1108
disneygal55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch View Post
but I can get all the way to selecting day/time. There are no times available as yet but...

Has anyone been able to get ressies for the first week in Dec. yet? Looking for 12/2 and 12/4. I'm thinking its just too early for me, not that all available slots are booked. (did that sound hopeful???)
Hi Pooch!
I live nearby...just a couple of miles away from Six Flags. As a matter of fact we just went shopping to your Costco and Home Depot 2 days ago LOL. Would you know the answer to my questions posted right above your post?
Old 09-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #1109
TammyC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal55 View Post
Hi Pooch!
I live nearby...just a couple of miles away from Six Flags. As a matter of fact we just went shopping to your Costco and Home Depot 2 days ago LOL. Would you know the answer to my questions posted right above your post?
I had done online check in already so do not know if that would be the issue. I used my room only ressie number which contains no letters. Could not get past the try again later screen. Finally made a new login using email for another family member but same ressie number and SUCCESS!

Hope it works for you too. And be sure to take a screen shot or print out your information just in case of problems as this will not show up in your MDE.

T
Feb 2000 - CSR
Dec 2003 - Swan
Nov 2004 - AKL
May 2005 - Disney Wonder
Nov 2005 - POFQ
May 2006 - WL, Dolphin
Jan 2007 - Swan
Aug 2008 - Swan
Aug 2010 - AKL, Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2012 - Boardwalk Villas
Oct 2013 - BC
TammyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #1110
Crazie4daMouse
Mouseketeer

We went to BOG Wednesday and had no issues at all! I had made the reservation with my magic band number. We checked in at the window by the podium and then walked right in! Placed our order at the kiosk and had our food within 10 minutes. Great experience!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: