Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #601
jkatzz
Mouseketeer

I am hoping for October too! I can not wait, I actually changed hotels to be able to do the fast pass + this trip. I am all about planning
jkatzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #602
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

Quick question as I finalize my plans for next week. I did not pre-order -- where do we check in?

July 2009 TR (unfinished): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, '83, '85, Grad Night '89
POP, Jul '07 / CBR, Jul '09 / ASMo, Oct '09 / Offsite, Nov '10
DTD hotels, Apr '11 / ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
???, Jun '13
Born 2B a Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #603
roxazul
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
I'm hoping it will happen after labor day when everyone is back at work!
Nothing appears for October yet
I need that ressie to finalize my plans

Me DD9
roxazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #604
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to update on our experience with the FP for BOG.

I had been trying and trying to log into the site and reserve this. But I kept getting a "Guest is already registered" message. I think others have seen this, too. Nothing I did would let me in to set up a time. And I tried everything!

When I checked in at POFQ last week, I asked about getting a lunch FP. The person at the desk whipped out his iPad and had me log into MDE to register. Of course, same message came up. He had no idea what it meant. He gave me an invitation card and wrote down my reservation number. He told me to check at guest services at MK and see what they could do.

On our MK day that Friday, I went to guest services in the morning. I showed them the card from the concierge desk. They tried to log in and got the same error message. After about 10 minutes of the CM hiding in a back room trying to figure it out, she came out and called over another CM who seemed to be involved in the whole BOG testing thing. They asked what time I wanted and I said I would take whatever they could do! They wrote out another card for me with a FP-only for 1:45 (actually, a perfect time for us!). I couldn't order meal ahead of time, but that was fine.

When I got to the bridge, I went to the check-in area and handed them my cards. They seemed a bit confused, but told me to go right on in. Into the FP lane I went and walked right up! With no wait, we were able to go in, place our order on the kiosk, and take a seat right in front of the fireplace in Beast's room. It was perfect!!!!!

So if anyone is having issues, don't give up hope! I almost did and I'm glad I gave it one more shot at the park. Hopefully this will help someone else as well!

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #605
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
Just wanted to update on our experience with the FP for BOG.

I had been trying and trying to log into the site and reserve this. But I kept getting a "Guest is already registered" message. I think others have seen this, too. Nothing I did would let me in to set up a time. And I tried everything!

When I checked in at POFQ last week, I asked about getting a lunch FP. The person at the desk whipped out his iPad and had me log into MDE to register. Of course, same message came up. He had no idea what it meant. He gave me an invitation card and wrote down my reservation number. He told me to check at guest services at MK and see what they could do.

On our MK day that Friday, I went to guest services in the morning. I showed them the card from the concierge desk. They tried to log in and got the same error message. After about 10 minutes of the CM hiding in a back room trying to figure it out, she came out and called over another CM who seemed to be involved in the whole BOG testing thing. They asked what time I wanted and I said I would take whatever they could do! They wrote out another card for me with a FP-only for 1:45 (actually, a perfect time for us!). I couldn't order meal ahead of time, but that was fine.

When I got to the bridge, I went to the check-in area and handed them my cards. They seemed a bit confused, but told me to go right on in. Into the FP lane I went and walked right up! With no wait, we were able to go in, place our order on the kiosk, and take a seat right in front of the fireplace in Beast's room. It was perfect!!!!!

So if anyone is having issues, don't give up hope! I almost did and I'm glad I gave it one more shot at the park. Hopefully this will help someone else as well!
Thanks for the info! I'm getting that message too!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #606
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

So, I'm kinda starting to reconcile myself to the fact that I don't think they are going to extend the BOG fast pass site option past the end of Sept. If I read the threads right, it only extends to 9/26 currently - that's only about 3 weeks away. Starting to not seem likely that they will push it out.

Bummed, but hey, not the end of the world.

Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #607
emilymad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend View Post
So, I'm kinda starting to reconcile myself to the fact that I don't think they are going to extend the BOG fast pass site option past the end of Sept. If I read the threads right, it only extends to 9/26 currently - that's only about 3 weeks away. Starting to not seem likely that they will push it out.

I am starting to think this too. Or maybe they are getting ready to roll it out in the regular FP+ system instead of being independent.
emilymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #608
Fantasmiss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilymad View Post
I am starting to think this too. Or maybe they are getting ready to roll it out in the regular FP+ system instead of being independent.
Hopefully. But the BOG site
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...st-restaurant/
used to have 2 BOG lunch FP+ links on the right (although they just took me to the FP+ selection site and BOG lunch wasn't available there.) Now they have removed the links. Hmmmm... Wonder why?
May 2008 - WDW - All Star Sports - 2 weeks
Jan 2009 - WDW - All Star Music + All Star Movies - 2 weeks - birthday trip
Feb/Mar 2010 - DLP - Santa Fe - 6 days
Jan 2011 - WDW - All Star Movies & Pop Century - 17 days - birthday trip
May 2011 - WDW - All Star Sports - 17 days - anniversary trip
Nov 2011 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 6 days
Oct/Nov 2012 - WDW - All Star Sports+Art of Animation - 3 weeks - 10th Disney Trip
Oct/Nov 2013 - WDW - All Star Sports - 25 days - birthday trip
MAR 2014 - DLP - Hotel Cheyenne - 5 days- birthday trip

MAY 2014 - WDW - ALL STAR SPORTS - 17 DAYS - ANNIVERSARY TRIP!

Fantasmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #609
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend View Post

Yeah, would have though some new dates would have came available by now...

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #610
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
Yeah, would have though some new dates would have came available by now...
trying to think positively that we might be able to get a FP for BOG. Bummed that we are not getting to use FP+; would be nice to be able to at least try something new at WDW.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #611
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Ate at BOG today for lunch. ADR for 1145-12 noon. We had preordered and checked in by Philhar Magic. got my rose and walked in and went to West wing--no waiting. They were telling people lining up at that time it was a 30 min wait. They had water for people in the line to drink. we found our table, got our drinks(self serve) and cutlery and was sitting only a couple min when our food was brought to us. Food was very good We walked through all the rooms and hubby would have liked the main room-he found the west wing too dark
Old 09-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #612
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
trying to think positively that we might be able to get a FP for BOG. Bummed that we are not getting to use FP+; would be nice to be able to at least try something new at WDW.
I'm now thinking the same. That maybe it was just a test, and now they have the data they need from it so they don't need to continue with the test because:
a) it didn't work (or people in line got too upset they had to wait)
b) they intend to reopen FP+ reservations ONLY when FP+ gets rolled out to all

in any case it's a total bummer to have something then see it removed, but a test is a test and you can't expect it to be forever... I guess...
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #613
Fantaluminishes
To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

I gave up my BOG dinner ADR for yesterday because the menu wasn't appealing. I went to the concierge at AKL today and reserved a FP+ for lunch on Friday. I like that menu better.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #614
girlsmom
Mouseketeer

i got my MB # and logged in (I tried every possible version of my name i could think of, capitalized, not capitalized ect), but keep getting error mesg "Please ensure that the Reservation ID and names entered below match exactly with your Reservation details.".....any ideas ...?
girlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #615
heatherbynum
Peace, Love, Disney & Hanson

maybe someday October will open up LOL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: