Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #496
EscapeReality
Earning My Ears

The reservation worked for us without the invite!

Just got home today and we had no problem doing this on Wednesday. The only kink was that I forgot to make note of where to pick up our roses (City Hall or Mickey's Philharmagic are the places to go) and the first couple of CMs we asked had no idea what we were talking about. And checking in was a little slow--which I put down to the steep learning curve of the new technology. We had two orders and were chided for mixing up the (unmarked and identical) yellow roses! I enjoyed pre-ordering my meal, it made for a more relaxing dining experience. I would do it again and hope it is successful and expands to other restaurants.

Many thanks to the OP for sharing the link and to the DIS community for making me fairly confident that it would work for us.

Last edited by EscapeReality; 08-23-2013 at 08:47 PM. Reason: clarity
EscapeReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #497
txmommy34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post

So sorry! You are right I keep typing 28th but it's 26th. Last day available right now September 26th. My bad!
No problem! I'm just relieved that there's still a chance I may get something!
1994 - senior band trip - offsite & Big Red Boat
June 1998 - honeymoon - Wilderness Lodge
April 2008 - first trip with kiddos -ASMovies
January 2009 - family trip w/DSis & DILs - ASMusic
May 2009 - Swine Flu trip w/DD, DS & DSis - Pop
November 2010 - family trip - ASMusic Family Suite
November 2012 - family trip - Disney Dream & Bonnet Creek
March 2013 - sister trip celebrating 30 years of sisterhood - Pop
September 2013 - 2nd honeymoon NO KIDS!!- Pop
txmommy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #498
Benihana
Earning My Ears

Confused about the yellow roses I am reading about. Is there something I need to do other than shoe up at a podium with a screeshot of my fastpass order?
Benihana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #499
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
Confused about the yellow roses I am reading about. Is there something I need to do other than shoe up at a podium with a screeshot of my fastpass order?
I think they will give you a yellow rose when you check in at the podium - it's RFID enabled so they can deliver your food to wherever you're sitting!

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

cfw213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #500
hulldisneyfan88
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this question has already been asked. I am having difficulty logging on to the page. When we put our reservation numbers in it says 'Please ensure that the Reservation ID and names entered below match exactly with your Reservation details'. All details are correct as far as I know as we have checked in online and are participating in FP+ and MB.

Does anyone know what is wrong with the number etc?
Old 08-24-2013, 06:57 AM   #501
TSM
Mouseketeer

last night it let me make a reservation for BOG lunch online using my package number(actually I used the number on our magical express tags due to letters being in our confirmation number because we have a package) and now when trying to log into disneys site it says there is no email address in system matching mine!!!I have been using this email and password regulary for 3 years checking online reservations on my last 3 trips!!!!I am on hold with Disney technical support and waited 22 minutes for someone last night but had to put my daughter to bed!!!Cant get to anything now!!!!!
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #502
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulldisneyfan88
Sorry if this question has already been asked. I am having difficulty logging on to the page. When we put our reservation numbers in it says 'Please ensure that the Reservation ID and names entered below match exactly with your Reservation details'. All details are correct as far as I know as we have checked in online and are participating in FP+ and MB.

Try using a login with a different email address. It's almost like it's locking you out. I did that and it worked.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #503
HollowGrl
❤ Halloween & Coasters ❤

Thanks a lot for the info here
I just got logged in with the MB number but we will be there late october so there's no FP available for our dates yet. We will wait...
HollowGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #504
Candice1873
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulldisneyfan88 View Post

The same thing happened to me. Did u customize ur magic bands yet? If u did and they are ready to ship then they give u a confirmation number on the magic band page. I tried for weeks to make this ressie work... Was so frustrated and finally saw the magic band confirmation number and it worked!!! I wAs totally not expecting it to work but it did. Oh, I also did the online checkin thing and it still didn't work, but maybe the MB customization and the online checkin was the magic combination.
Candice1873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #505
EscapeReality
Earning My Ears

The yellow rose contains the pre-order of your food

If you don't pre order you do not need it. Without it you will still bypass the line outside the building. They do not have the yellow roses at the restaurant. We checked-in in this order, picked up roses at Mickey's Philharmagic and picked up a reservation card, we did this about an hour before our time. (I'm sure you could pick up your rose as you enter the park at City Hall as it is completely separate from the reservation itself, JMHO) We then checked in at the kiosk to the left of the line during our reservation window. We then checked in inside the restaurant where the RFID chip in the rose is enabled and we found a seat. If you didn't pre-order at this point you would join the line to order and pick up a red rose. They use the roses to find you in the restaurant and deliver your food. Hope that helps!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #506
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

I've tried to do this online and haven't been able to I do not have the mb. Does anyone know if you stop at city hall first thing in the morn and try to get lunch ressie. Dh and I have eaten there in nov for dinner. But would like to try lunch in sept
Old 08-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #507
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmize
I've tried to do this online and haven't been able to I do not have the mb. Does anyone know if you stop at city hall first thing in the morn and try to get lunch ressie. Dh and I have eaten there in nov for dinner. But would like to try lunch in sept
You do not need a MB for this. It's separate..
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #508
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Quote:

You do not need a MB for this. It's separate..
Ok great ill just keep trying. Or get in line.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #509
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulldisneyfan88 View Post

Quote:
Try using a login with a different email address. It's almost like it's locking you out. I did that and it worked.
I've tried both or emails that are registered, and and no luck. I get the same error as the first poster. I've given up hope.

One question...someone had mentioned inquiring at check-in. Do we ask the person checking us into the hotel, or do we go to guest services/concierge? We are at ASMO.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #510
laura428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
I've tried both or emails that are registered, and and no luck. I get the same error as the first poster. I've given up hope.

One question...someone had mentioned inquiring at check-in. Do we ask the person checking us into the hotel, or do we go to guest services/concierge? We are at ASMO.
Yep, same thing happening to me, too. Very grateful that I didn't find this until after I'd already made all of my FP+ selections earlier this morning.
2014 Princess Half Marathon
laura428 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: