Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #376
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

We ate there today with FP+. Walked up at 12:10pm for our 12:30 ressie and walked right in. Took about 7min with other FP+ users in front of us before we walked up to make our selections.

I am glad we didn't preorder because no one ordered what I initially thought they would.

The food comes fast after you order. The ham/gruyere sandwich was incredible. My 12yr old devoured it but she gave me one bite. My husband loved the tuna. I had the pork which was tender but way too fatty for me. 3yr old had pasta and broccoli. She ate it all. The cupcakes fell flat for us but the lemon was the best.

I would split a fountain drink. There are free refills which was so nice.

When we came out at 1:10pm (we spent a lot of time relaxing/exploring) the line was only half of the bridge. Maybe 20min max. It was MUCH longer at noon. They offered golf umbrellas for shade.

We go there for dinner on Wed night but lunch was nice!!
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Suzanne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:22 AM   #377
RobynPrincess
Looking around

Thanks for this OP, I have a reservation for 12th September 1.05 - 1.20
RobynPrincess is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2013, 07:29 AM   #378
izzy
"It's not the heat -- it's the stupidity"

I've tried my reservation number several times but I can't get into the system. Do you have to be signed up for the fast pass+ system for this to work? Possibly a few other things that might be working against me - I don't get there until mid October and I'm staying on my DVC points.

Any advice?

izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #379
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
I've tried my reservation number several times but I can't get into the system. Do you have to be signed up for the fast pass+ system for this to work? Possibly a few other things that might be working against me - I don't get there until mid October and I'm staying on my DVC points.

Any advice?
I think you are too far out. I had been trying & couldn't get in until yesterday. My trip starts on September 9.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #380
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

I have tried this several ways and it doesn't work for me. Our trip is 9/1-9/9.
We are not using MExpress.
We have a room only our first night, then a package with dining.
Some stuff is accidentally in dd19's name, but she also has a MDE account, so I have tried the RO ressie numbers with both of our names/accounts.
What am I doing wrong? Am I just not eligible? Is it because we are room only for only one night? Am I not putting in the right combo?
I wish this was more obvious...because I'm definitely missing it.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #381
mouserrificmom
Mouseketeer

I was able to do this about a week or so ago, and just found out yesterday that we will be getting MagicBands during our trip. I think that maybe since it is working for some and not others, it must have something to do with whether you are part of the MyMagic+ test or not. Just a theory.

For the record, we will be at POR arriving on 9/24
mouserrificmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #382
dlrp
Earning My Ears

I've found an alternative way to find the ID.

When I logged into My Disney Experience site, I went into My Reservations section.

Click Check In Online

The URL changes to :

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tr...d/XXXXXXXXXXX/

XXXXXXXXXXX is your reservation number you need.
dlrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #383
mouserrificmom
Mouseketeer

what browser are you using? I don't see a number, but "disneyworld.disney.go.com/trip/my-vacation/" I tried with both chrome and IE

I am managing my father's account too, and while I have his confirmation number with letters, I never wrote down the long number, and want to make a fastpass+ for them that matches ours
mouserrificmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #384
4dclark
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrp View Post
I've found an alternative way to find the ID.

When I logged into My Disney Experience site, I went into My Reservations section.

Click Check In Online

The URL changes to :

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tr...d/XXXXXXXXXXX/

XXXXXXXXXXX is your reservation number you need.
This worked for me! Thanks!!!
4dclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #385
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
I have tried this several ways and it doesn't work for me. Our trip is 9/1-9/9.
We are not using MExpress.
We have a room only our first night, then a package with dining.
Some stuff is accidentally in dd19's name, but she also has a MDE account, so I have tried the RO ressie numbers with both of our names/accounts.
What am I doing wrong? Am I just not eligible? Is it because we are room only for only one night? Am I not putting in the right combo?
I wish this was more obvious...because I'm definitely missing it.
The magic band test does start until 9/3. You aren't eligible.

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop
Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip!
and many other trips throughout my childhood!

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #386
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post

The magic band test does start until 9/3. You aren't eligible.
Didn't have to be Mb eligible. The test is being handle on a case by case basis. Sometimes you get an email an sometimes the CM checking you in will offer it to you. All resorts have the ability to offer it. Anyone whose number works was probably already flagged to receive the email on the day of check in or to be offered by front desk CM.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #387
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran

When I tried, it says "Guest is already registered" when I put in my ressie (RO) and my first and last name.

What does that mean? Am I too far out (Nov 12-23rd)

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

KittyKat1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #388
Iluvdisney2983
Earning My Ears

So I made a my Disney experience account and it still wont let me book a time and my reservation is linked. We will be getting magic bands as well but we are driving down and not using MGE.
Iluvdisney2983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #389
Feckless
DIS Veteran

We went today - our family selected ahead of time, and the other family didn't. We had a few minutes wait to get to the reservation window. We went in, saw a CM, and paid for our meal with our MBs. BTW I was able to customize my DS's roast beef sandwich by taking off the horseradish and veggies online before we went. They gave me the slip and we went and selected a table. We were in the dark lightning room (sorry, didn't know we were going until the last minute so I don't know the names of the rooms!) and it took a LONG time for a CM to come and clear the table. We were standing around waiting for the table to be cleared but they cleared 4 other tables first where nobody was waiting. ?????? Other than that, the service was fast, and we had barely started eating when the other family got their food.

DD LOVED the turkey sandwich. My DS loved his roast beef sandwich and DH and I really enjoyed the pork. Mom on the other family had the tuna and said it was excellent. Other DS did not like the taste of the cheese on his Croque Monsieur but ate half of it. I liked the passion fruit creampuff and DD loved the chocolate creampuff, and DS appeared to love his chocolate cupcake! LOL Other DD did not like the taste of the passionfruit creampuff.

DH wasn't expecting to have to get cutlery, but he didn't understand that it was QS and you don't usually have actual heavy silverware OR people bringing food to you in such an awesome location for QS! It was really amazing. $70 for four of us though, which was steep, but worth it.

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Feckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #390
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

You had to wait for a table to be cleaned before you could sit and eat? Do they have assigned seating for those doing FP dining? Did you not get to pick where you sat and could pick an open clean table? If it is assigned why wasn't a table ready for you I would have been upset waiting for them to come over and clean my table if they knew I was being seated. Been upset if i had to watch other tables being cleaned while my family stood waiting.

Or

Are you talking about cleaning your table after you were done eating then I ask are there any trash can to clear your own table if not usually you just leave the stuff there and they come clean up for you no need to wait just like Wolfgang pucks. Just leave a little tip as thanks.
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo)
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(DS's 1st Trip)
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

ArielRae is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: