Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #331
randi817
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread - thanks to those of you who did so much figuring, I was able to use my DME number and make a reservation... I have no idea if it's really going to work (FP+ time for between 10:30 and 10:45 on 8/25) but we'll try... I have my Magic Bands and FP+ reservations made - but no email from Disney so that worries me a bit... Guess I will figure it out as we go.

Just wanted to say thanks!!

Randi
randi817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #332
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by randi817 View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for this thread - thanks to those of you who did so much figuring, I was able to use my DME number and make a reservation... I have no idea if it's really going to work (FP+ time for between 10:30 and 10:45 on 8/25) but we'll try... I have my Magic Bands and FP+ reservations made - but no email from Disney so that worries me a bit... Guess I will figure it out as we go.

Just wanted to say thanks!!

Randi
I didn't think they opened until 11.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #333
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

I was able to use my luggage tag number for a lunch ressie in Sept. I wonder if these ressies will actually work. I wasn't invited to participate in FP+. I may cancel my dinner ADR now. It doesn't show up in my reservation list or on my itinerary . The lunch menu appeals to me so much more.
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13,9/13,5/14

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD

Last edited by tony609; 08-10-2013 at 01:32 AM.
tony609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #334
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony609 View Post
I was able to use my luggage tag number for a lunch ressie in Sept. I wonder if these ressies will actually work. I wasn't invited to participate in FP+. I may cancel my dinner ADR now. It doesn't show up in my reservation list or on my itinerary . The lunch menu appeals to me so much more.
If you actually got it to work then it will be available. If you log back into the website it will show modify/change fast pass, review fastpass, pre-order and change order. If it takes you to that screen then you are good to go. If it asks you to select a time as it did before then your reservation probably didn't go through.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #335
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Corinne View Post
Grrrr. That stinks that they might already be booked up for that day. I really need it for that particular day...I have a CRT late lunch on our first MK day, so that won't work. And then on our second, I wanted to do this, but I guess we will have to wait in line. Boo.

The only other thing I can think of is that it somehow messed up our reservation dates for some reason? Because it clearly shows our arrival date...it just chopped the two last days off of our trip. Ugh.
I think I figured out what is going on. After reading through some of the other FastPass+ threads, it sounds like they are only allowing booking windows of 7 days at a time for FastPass+ (so basically you can book up to 7 days out depending on the day). Because our trip is longer than 7 days, and I want to book on the 8th day, it's not allowing me that option. Once we are on property for a day, then that 8th day will open up for us. Does that sound right based on what others have heard?

If so, it's kind of annoying for those people that have booked longer trips, TBH.
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Mommy2Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #336
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

If you don't pick a day it gets the day you are using the app. It gets you tables all the time.

If you way put there line me you pick that date bi tables... For what it's worth...
Old 08-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #337
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickpiteo View Post
If you don't pick a day it gets the day you are using the app. It gets you tables all the time.

If you way put there line me you pick that date bi tables... For what it's worth...
Hmm. That's not how it worked for me. I entered my reservations # (sans letters) on the BOG lunch screen, and it popped up the dates of my trip as the only options I could pick to book a fastpass for BOG. It offered Sept 13th (the day we arrive) through Sept 19th (7 days later). But it chopped off the last two days of our trip, and it would not let me select anything for those dates at all. It wasn't even an option.
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Mommy2Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #338
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hmm. That's not how it worked for me. I entered my reservations # (sans letters) on the BOG lunch screen, and it popped up the dates of my trip as the only options I could pick to book a fastpass for BOG. It offered Sept 13th (the day we arrive) through Sept 19th (7 days later). But it chopped off the last two days of our trip, and it would not let me select anything for those dates at all. It wasn't even an option.
Just don't click a date .. Click next gives you today's day with tables .. At least for me all the time..
Old 08-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #339
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post

If you actually got it to work then it will be available. If you log back into the website it will show modify/change fast pass, review fastpass, pre-order and change order. If it takes you to that screen then you are good to go. If it asks you to select a time as it did before then your reservation probably didn't go through.
Thanks, it does show..... select or replace/ view , modify meal selections, cancel .When I click to view it still shows my ressie. I even changed it by a half hour for a better time frame. It's still there a day later so I guess it worked.
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13,9/13,5/14

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD

Last edited by tony609; 08-10-2013 at 01:23 PM.
tony609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #340
dannerchri
Earning My Ears

I just got the official invite Its got me wondering how they decide who get the lunch fp offer. Anyone know??
dannerchri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #341
dizzyinwdw
Mouseketeer

So tomorrow I have my lunch BOG FP+ ressie but have not received official invite. Has this worked for anyone who did not get an email invite but just booked through the link? TIA !!
dizzyinwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #342
dislvr74
Mouseketeer

thanks to the person who posted the link. I did not receive the official invitation to test the system, but went to the link about a week ago and was able to log in with our reservation number. I picked a time and the night before our meal I added our food orders. Worked perfectly! Our name was on the list when we arrived and we enjoyed a lovely lunch.

We ate at noon and the wait to get in was at least an hour. Disney had ice water available to the people in line and was passing out golf umbrellas because it was so hot.

We're staying at Poly (room only) and do not have magic bands. We also are not testing the fast pass+ system.
dislvr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #343
bdink921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislvr74 View Post
thanks to the person who posted the link. I did not receive the official invitation to test the system, but went to the link about a week ago and was able to log in with our reservation number. I picked a time and the night before our meal I added our food orders. Worked perfectly! Our name was on the list when we arrived and we enjoyed a lovely lunch.

We ate at noon and the wait to get in was at least an hour. Disney had ice water available to the people in line and was passing out golf umbrellas because it was so hot.

We're staying at Poly (room only) and do not have magic bands. We also are not testing the fast pass+ system.
Same for us too! We did not have an official inite but booked thru the link and no issues. Our name was on the list too. We did not preorder out food but ordered when we got there. It took maybe 15 mins to get to our table and our food came shortly after. It was a good experience for CS and the food was good. It was nice to get out of the heat! Disluvr74 we must have been right behind you in the line! Felt bad for the people outside waiting. I would NOT wait an hour in the sun to get in here, JMHO.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #344
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was the same for me and my sister. it only gave us the option of the first 7 days of our trip.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #345
bdink921
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to add that the whole FP for lunch was a little chaotic. Our family members traveling with us just walked right inside without checking in and another party followed them in. They had FP too but no one checked or asked. Not a big deal, just sayin anyone really could have walked in saying they had FP and jumped the line. Just an observation...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: