Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #256
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
I'm just wondering for those of you who have done the lunch reservation/preorder food etc. Do you miss anything by pre-ordering your food. Such as, photo opportunities with the suits of armor, and the hallways. Do you skip all this and not get to see it?

I did not know if they take you in a separate way than how you would go if you just waiting in line. Or if it's any different if you do the lunch reservation but not preorder your food.

I'd like to see everything, so didn't want to miss out. Thanks!
You would miss out because you go straight to your table. We didn't pre-order, so we still had to wait in line to order - about 10 min. Next time, we're pre-ordering.
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Dizneefamily+4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #257
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneefamily+4 View Post
You would miss out because you go straight to your table. We didn't pre-order, so we still had to wait in line to order - about 10 min. Next time, we're pre-ordering.
So if we did the lunch reservation but not preorder our food, we could still see everything? Sounds like it would still save time (waiting outside etc) but give us plenty of time to see stuff as we wait to order.... Does that sound right?

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #258
rramsr
Mouseketeer

Has anyone that did not receive the email to participate but stil went through link have any problems getting in?
rramsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #259
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

I know this has probably been addressed, but bear with me....

I have not received an e-mail. I booked my entire package through Disney. When I go to the website listed in the first post, it asks for a reservation number. I put in my DME number, since my reservation number has letters in it and won't be accepted. The next screen says "Guest is already registered." Does this mean I'm out of luck? And what are my chances now being able to walk up for lunch if everyone's getting to do FP?

I had given up my dinner ADR, figuring I'd just do lunch instead. And then this happens? I won't be a happy camper if I can't get lunch either!

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-2014, POFQ-August 2015!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #260
myosotisd
Park fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
The next screen says "Guest is already registered." Does this mean I'm out of luck? And what are my chances now being able to walk up for lunch if everyone's getting to do FP?
same problem for me, someone could help us ?

Disneycruise
Dream 2011, Fantasy 2013

Last edited by myosotisd; 08-05-2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: quote
myosotisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #261
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
The only small issue we had was my one son in addition to his counter meal wanted to use a snack credit and get a soup. For some reason, and I know I've heard this before there is always an issue with mixing counter and snacks at BOG. So we just paid out of pocket for the soup actually they charged it to our room using the credit card on file with our magic bands. .
Hmm....so you weren't able to get the soup as a snack credit. I really thought it was listed as a snack credit on the dining plan.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #262
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post

Hmm....so you weren't able to get the soup as a snack credit. I really thought it was listed as a snack credit on the dining plan.
You have to make it two orders to use the snack credit. When you go to get your rose inform them you are using quick service credits and snack credits. They will then give you two roses. It also has to be paid for using 2 different KTTWC. We actually ended up with 3 roses on Sunday because we had our quick service meals, two snacks, and one out of pocket addition.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #263
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Wow- this actually worked for me...noon on 9/22. We have a room only reservation, so I guess that helped. I haven't pre-ordered our food yet, but we definitely will since I want this to be as efficient as possible.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #264
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Just received our DME stickers today! I put in the top number and it worked! We pre-ordered our food, I thought it was funny they gave you a time limit I admit I sat there staring at the options....my kids were getting antsy thinking we'd run out of time It gives you 30 minutes..so ample time

I really wanted the French onion soup, did not realize we could use it as snack credit, I just figured for entrée that was not a good way to spend our Disney dining credits. Opted for the ham and cheese, one turkey and three roast beef...all chocolate cupcakes, yum!

It was interesting it only gave me 3 times...11:30-11:45/2:10-2:25/2:30-2:45 so it was either early or late, no middle options. Went with early since we usually don't eat breakfast

Good luck everyone!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #265
Mary Anne
Not sure what season that is
I couldn't figure this out It was driving me crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
What we ended up doing was having the cost of the soup charged to room via the band then we went to guest relations in the hotel lobby and they switched it to a counter credit for us.
Mary Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #266
Mary Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Just received our DME stickers today! I put in the top number and it worked! We pre-ordered our food, I thought it was funny they gave you a time limit I admit I sat there staring at the options....my kids were getting antsy thinking we'd run out of time It gives you 30 minutes..so ample time

I really wanted the French onion soup, did not realize we could use it as snack credit, I just figured for entrée that was not a good way to spend our Disney dining credits. Opted for the ham and cheese, one turkey and three roast beef...all chocolate cupcakes, yum!

It was interesting it only gave me 3 times...11:30-11:45/2:10-2:25/2:30-2:45 so it was either early or late, no middle options. Went with early since we usually don't eat breakfast

Good luck everyone!
I would go back in and amend the order to add the soup; worst case they will charge you the $5.00 or so then go to guest services after you eat and they will fix it to take the cost off and make it a snack credit.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #267
Mary Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
So if we did the lunch reservation but not preorder our food, we could still see everything? Sounds like it would still save time (waiting outside etc) but give us plenty of time to see stuff as we wait to order.... Does that sound right?
I am pretty sure once you are inside you can walk around and see everything. But even if you missed something there is plenty to see in the dining rooms and being able to sit and eat in 5 minutes more then makes up for anything.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #268
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
You have to make it two orders to use the snack credit. When you go to get your rose inform them you are using quick service credits and snack credits. They will then give you two roses. It also has to be paid for using 2 different KTTWC. We actually ended up with 3 roses on Sunday because we had our quick service meals, two snacks, and one out of pocket addition.
Quote:
What we ended up doing was having the cost of the soup charged to room via the band then we went to guest relations in the hotel lobby and they switched it to a counter credit for us.
Great info. about using soup as snack credits. Thanks guys!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #269
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Quote:
I would go back in and amend the order to add the soup; worst case they will charge you the $5.00 or so then go to guest services after you eat and they will fix it to take the cost off and make it a snack credit.
Thanks so much! Going to go add it now!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #270
Candice1873
Earning My Ears

My ME number did not work. . I am at AoA 09/13 to 09/22.
Candice1873 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: