Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #241
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvdisney2983 View Post
I did not have a magical express number only a conformation number . We are driving down to wdw.
welcome to the Dis when are you coming down? , perhaps its too far out for this as someone else said ? right now its a test anyway so don't worry about it I have eaten at BOG many times, always got in a lunch line at about 10 am ( yes super early but I work nights so worked for me) you don't have to get in a line that early (never turned away) if you are hoping for dinner keep trying the website
hope you get lucky
Old 08-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #242
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielRae View Post

Confused about what you are saying. Did you do a priority check in reservation and they are still making you wait in line and are saying it is better to order ahead so you go right to your table?
Sorry my iPhone autocorrect we a few words wrong. I meant that it is best to order ahead so you go right to your table if the wait is the issue. We did end up having to wait about 15 to 20 minutes because we didn't preorder. What the process is, is that you check in and if your preorder then you receive a yellow rose and get to sit immediately. However, if you don't preorder you skip the outside line and are put into the shorter line in the castle. So if you want no wait preorder if you just want a shorter wait then it doesn't matter.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #243
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

Ok thank you so much for clearing that up.
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo), 2104
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(2X), 2014
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

ArielRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #244
Iluvdisney2983
Earning My Ears

i mean do this I need a magical express number to do the online lunch ressie and I cannot find one
Iluvdisney2983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #245
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvdisney2983 View Post
i mean do this I need a magical express number to do the online lunch ressie and I cannot find one
since you are driving you will not have a magical express number
Old 08-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #246
Iluvdisney2983
Earning My Ears

then I guess I cant try to book this new lunch test res.
Iluvdisney2983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #247
kazfloyd
momof1plustwins

Thanks for the tip! Just booked it. I have a package reservation and room only reservation and was able to book for the days under our room only. I order the meal too. Very easy to do.

12/81 Off Site--Lake Bunea Vista
12/84 Contemporary Resort
5/89 Off Site--Wally World
2/98 Disney Institute
9/04 Carribbean Beach Resort
6/06 Hilton Head Resort
7/07 Contemporary Resort
7/08 Polynesian Resort
8/09 Carribbean Beach Resort
8/10 Port Orleans Riverside/Cruise
8/11 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club
8/12 Port Orleans Riverside
8/13 Port Orleans Riverside/Yacht Club
kazfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #248
Mary Anne
Not sure what season that is
I couldn't figure this out It was driving me crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJWMom View Post
Mary Anne, did you get the email to test this out, or did you just use the link from this thread, and it was still honored?
I used the link here but very interesting I got the email yesterday to book via that. When I tried to use the email it brought me to the reservation I previously made and would not let me make another.
Mary Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #249
Mary Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac5 View Post
Please tell me about the food-what did you have and what did you love the most?
1 person had a- French Onion Soup $4.99 Disney Dining Plan Symbol

ENTREES

1 person had a - Grilled Steak Sandwich - with garlic butter spread and pommes frites $11.99

1 person had the- Croque Monsieur - Grilled sandwich of carved ham, Gruyere cheese, and bechamel with Pommes Frites. $10.99

2 people had - Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin style) - eight-hour slow-cooked pork with mushrooms, onions, carrots and bacon served with mashed potatoes and green beens jardiniere $11.99

Desert
3 - Triple Chocolate Cupcake - chocolate sponge cake, chocolate mousse filling, and choclate ganache $2.99 Disney Dining Plan Symbol

1 - Lemon Meringue Cupcake - Vanilla sponge cake, lemon custard filling, flamed merinque icing and crunch $2.99 Disney Dining Plan Symbol

4 sodas --

All the food was good. and the Braised Pork was like a full dinner with mashed potatoes and a veg. Something different then "just a sandwich" while on the quick food plan.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #250
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

Mary Anne - was there anywhere on the order to notate modifications or allergies? Contemplating doing this but we have some, erm, issues lol.
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:20 AM   #251
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieR View Post
Mary Anne - was there anywhere on the order to notate modifications or allergies? Contemplating doing this but we have some, erm, issues lol.
If you have issues simply do the fastpass+ but not the pre-order. Then either call its simply treat it as you would any other quick service.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:29 AM   #252
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
1 person had a- French Onion Soup $4.99 Disney Dining Plan Symbol

ENTREES

1 person had a - Grilled Steak Sandwich - with garlic butter spread and pommes frites $11.99

1 person had the- Croque Monsieur - Grilled sandwich of carved ham, Gruyere cheese, and bechamel with Pommes Frites. $10.99

2 people had - Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin style) - eight-hour slow-cooked pork with mushrooms, onions, carrots and bacon served with mashed potatoes and green beens jardiniere $11.99

Desert
3 - Triple Chocolate Cupcake - chocolate sponge cake, chocolate mousse filling, and choclate ganache $2.99 Disney Dining Plan Symbol

1 - Lemon Meringue Cupcake - Vanilla sponge cake, lemon custard filling, flamed merinque icing and crunch $2.99 Disney Dining Plan Symbol

4 sodas --

All the food was good. and the Braised Pork was like a full dinner with mashed potatoes and a veg. Something different then "just a sandwich" while on the quick food plan.
It does sound so good. both my hubby and I pre-ordered the braised pork and strawberry cupcake. YUM!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #253
Mary Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
If you have issues simply do the fastpass+ but not the pre-order. Then either call its simply treat it as you would any other quick service.
I agree, I don't remember seeing any place to make a notation but just make the choices when you get there.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #254
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

I'm just wondering for those of you who have done the lunch reservation/preorder food etc. Do you miss anything by pre-ordering your food. Such as, photo opportunities with the suits of armor, and the hallways. Do you skip all this and not get to see it?

I did not know if they take you in a separate way than how you would go if you just waiting in line. Or if it's any different if you do the lunch reservation but not preorder your food.

I'd like to see everything, so didn't want to miss out. Thanks!

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #255
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
I'm just wondering for those of you who have done the lunch reservation/preorder food etc. Do you miss anything by pre-ordering your food. Such as, photo opportunities with the suits of armor, and the hallways. Do you skip all this and not get to see it?

I did not know if they take you in a separate way than how you would go if you just waiting in line. Or if it's any different if you do the lunch reservation but not preorder your food.

I'd like to see everything, so didn't want to miss out. Thanks!
Not sure how they're doing FP, but even without it I thought it was so crowded in that hallway there were no photo ops anyway. I wonder if you could schedule late in the lunch period and just hang around and wait for the end of the line to clear through?

It's one of the things I really preferred about dinner. That hallway was completely empty as we exited since it's not used for ordering at dinner time.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: