Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #136
isaboo
Mouseketeer

I was able to find my resort reservation number on correspondence emails I had received from the IPO at Yacht Club. It's a different number from what is on the MDE website.

isaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #137
jerivera
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomu570 View Post
That's correct.
Ok! Made my reservation!

I used the # from the Magical Express (DME?) luggage tags of all things. Had no idea what it was, but looks like it worked!

jerivera is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #138
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinDad View Post
Just booked a BOG lunch for our upcoming trip. We're staying at CR. We have letters in our reservation # so I needed to use the DME # (thanks to whoever provided that tip!).

Also, when I originally booked it, I didn't like the time slots it gave me so I clicked the "Modify FastPass+" link, went through the process again and it gave me new time slot options for the same day. I did this multiple times and each time I got new options. Eventually I was able to get one for 12:05 - 12:20.
Shoot, the reservation number on my Mickey Mail from my TA and my DME res. # are one and the same, and they both have letters.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #139
MarinaD
Mouseketeer

can't get ressie

It won't understand my reservation # nor the corresponding letters into numbers.

ANY other suggestions?
Old 07-31-2013, 04:57 PM   #140
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaD View Post
It won't understand my reservation # nor the corresponding letters into numbers.

ANY other suggestions?
Is your reservation room only? I think it's only available to room only reservations.....?

July 2009 TR (unfinished): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, '83, '85, Grad Night '89
POP, Jul '07 / CBR, Jul '09 / ASMo, Oct '09 / Offsite, Nov '10
DTD hotels, Apr '11 / ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
???, Jun '13
Born 2B a Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:22 PM   #141
dannerchri
Earning My Ears

I just used the DME # and it worked. I had letters in my resort reservation # so I used the tip and it worked. Doesn't mean it's going to work when I get there. It's not linked into my mde account or fp+ so crossing my fingers
dannerchri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #142
ChrisParker
Mouseketeer

Doing this as soon as I get home from dinner at my inlaws. No dessert for me!! Haha.

Follow us to the Fantasy Pre-Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099534
ChrisParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #143
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

During our layover today, dh got the email saying we were selected to test fp+ for the lunch ressie at bog. The email actually gave us a reservation number to use (our pkg ressie has letters.) despite me saying earlier I didn't want to risk attaching fp+ to us, we went ahead and reserved 12:10-12:25 tomorrow (Thurs.) we chose to order when we get there. I'll report back if it works!
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Dizneefamily+4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #144
BrdwayBoy
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - S. Stroman.

I just managed to make a reservation for August 20th using the numbers found on my DME papers but did not pre-select our meals.

My question is this: Does anyone know how will this work if you're NOT testing out the FP+?
Will they be able to turn us away because we're not testing FP+?

If this has been asked/answered before, I apologize.

BrdwayBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:05 PM   #145
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrdwayBoy View Post
I just managed to make a reservation for August 20th using the numbers found on my DME papers but did not pre-select our meals.

My question is this: Does anyone know how will this work if you're NOT testing out the FP+?

I was told if you were invited through email or have the card they are giving out at select resorts you won't be turned away. Besides that I don't know.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #146
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrdwayBoy View Post

I don't think this has anything to do with the fastpass+ test. I think you just have to give the name the reservation is made under and I would print out the info. As well.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #147
magsmom
DIS Veteran

Just booked lunch 8/16 with my dvc reservation. Thanks!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #148
Mom2Stitch
Mouseketeer

Entered our DME number, worked like a charm. We are staying on a package at CSR 9/21-9/28. I printed out my end result, hope it works.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:30 PM   #149
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

I booked one for Sept 5. 2-2:15. For DS, DDIL and a friend. Ordered food for all 3 guests. They do not have the fastpass+.....YET
I am wondering if this is gonna work for them? I printed it all out but as PP said no confirmation #. I would think if they have the printout, with their names on it, it is valid. Hopefully someone will try it before they do and let us know!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:06 PM   #150
ChrisParker
Mouseketeer

I was just able to book for August 9. I wasn't invited to do it, except by the good people of the DIS of course. Here are a few observations -

- I spent an hour trying to get it to work and being very frustrated as it took foreeeeeeever to load each page, until I stopped using Chrome and switched to Safari. No idea why that made a difference, but it took me two minutes to do the whole thing in Safari and I spent an hour faffing around with it in Chrome.

- If you don't like the time it spits you out, go out and back in again. Initially I got two very late and one very early time and I found out that you could be assigned a new one because when I was still working in CHrome I had to start over twice. I ended up with a Noon slot.

- The number I used was from the top of my yellow DME tag. Who on earth would have ever thought of that and thank you to the DISer who did because I was ready to give up after my reservation number didn't work. However, on my MDE tickets my name is listed in its entirety (ie. Christina) and on my usual Disney stuff, it's used in the short form (ie.Chris). It wasn't working for me until I realized I needed to use the long form of my first name as it appears on DME.

Phew! I'm very pleased with the results and again a massive to everyone here who facilitated my little hack-job. I know there is a lot of this and that on the boards about the testing but I think it is fun and interesting. As to the silly conjecture that people who are finding out about things that Disney didn't tell them and "ruining" it for others, pish-posh. No one on these boards knows more about how to run Disney than Disney does. The fact that people are accessing the new technology virally is as important a piece of data as what the invited people do.

Anywhoooo Hope that helps someone else! If you're in BOG at noon on the 9th, I'll be the one eating pomme-frites and feeling no guilt at all.

Follow us to the Fantasy Pre-Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099534
ChrisParker is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: