Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
Leslie41
Earning My Ears

Cruisefish and Disney

Hey, all!

I'm a "veteran" (well, two cruises!) Disney cruiser and I'll be on the eastbound transatlantic and the first 7-day cruise out of Barcelona this summer. I'm very interested in cruisefish with regard to figuring out price drops and increases, etc.

We booked both these cruises within a couple of days after they became available, and for the transatlantic, the final payment day has passed. So, I have two questions:

If the rate drops after the final payment day has passed, can you still get credited the difference?

And, more importantly, is Cruisefish really useful to Disney cruisers that book within the first couple of days that the cruise becomes available? From what I understand the price only goes up. On my recent cruise I did an OBB for a dummy cruise that we are planning to transfer to a yet-to-be-announced sail date for summer 2015. And again, I'm planning on booking asap after the new dates become available.

Would it be useful to join and ask to be informed if the price goes down? Or is Cruisefish basically only for curiosity's sake if you book very early?
Leslie41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie41 View Post
Hey, all!

I'm a "veteran" (well, two cruises!) Disney cruiser and I'll be on the eastbound transatlantic and the first 7-day cruise out of Barcelona this summer. I'm very interested in cruisefish with regard to figuring out price drops and increases, etc.
often caused by exchange rate fluctuations.
We booked both these cruises within a couple of days after they became available, and for the transatlantic, the final payment day has passed. So, I have two questions:

If the rate drops after the final payment day has passed, can you still get credited the difference?
No after the PIF they will not refund
And, more importantly, is Cruisefish really useful to Disney cruisers that book within the first couple of days that the cruise becomes available? From what I understand the price only goes up.

Normally only goes up.

On my recent cruise I did an OBB for a dummy cruise that we are planning to transfer to a yet-to-be-announced sail date for summer 2015. And again, I'm planning on booking asap after the new dates become available.

Would it be useful to join and ask to be informed if the price goes down? Or is Cruisefish basically only for curiosity's sake if you book very early?

It's rare they go down that's normally off season cruises that haven't sold well say end if run, like last Med cruise or last Alaska. If you subscribe to a DCL TA They will keep you informed of dropped.
Answers in bold
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #3
Leslie41
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much! That was my general feel of things from reading these boards and from experience. I tend to be a bit of a micromanager so I have problems ceding control to a TA. I will continue to do the OBB thing and plan early and trust that I can always get the best price that way!

We're hoping for a western Caribbean on the Fantasy/Dream for 2015 (we've done the eastern before), unless the eastern will visit San Juan. Seems like that won't be a problem...
Old 01-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #4
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Cruisefish is not hugely useful for DCL.

It has served me well in a couple of ways though. If you have flexibility and don't really have a set time you need to cruise (not most people) you can just check price drops across the board.

If you do have a specific cruise in mind and can wait until after PIF date it also can notify you if *GT rates come out.

For other lines, who seem to vary their price on a whim (such as Royal) it has helped me a lot more.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:41 PM   #5
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer

You can access the price increase/decrease information on cruisefish just by viewing the site, you don't have to subscribe and pay unless you want them to send you notifications. You can look up the info anytime without subscribing.

The right 2 columns are constantly showing price fluctuations due to changes in the exchange rate. Be sure you are only looking at the left column (US dollars) for any changes.

Price drops are extremely rare, DCL tends to come out with *GT rates close to the sailing date if there are still lots of rooms left.

I have experienced a price drop when I was sailing concierge and there were still lots of Cat T rooms left, at around 45 days. I noticed the price drop by regularly checking cruisefish. DCL does not do *GT rates for concierge rooms so I guess a price drop was the only way they thought they could fill them. Even though it was way after the PIF date, they did refund my credit card the difference once my TA called.
princessmommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #6
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

If the price drops on DCL's site for the regular non-discounted fare, even after your PIF date, DCL will refund you the difference but you have to contact them. If the fare you see is with a code, *GT rate offered, or other promotional deal they won't do this. In some cases, it has been worth it to cancel the existing cruise and lose the cancellation penalty associated with it then book using the discounted rate. Many have reported still saving money when they did this up to where the penalty is 50% of the fare, and most booked a higher category the second time.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #7
Leslie41
Earning My Ears

Wow! I'll keep an eye on the price of the cruise, then!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: