Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
iheartgoofy
Earning My Ears

Adding a free dining offer to already-booked reservation

I'm looking to book a trip in late Oct. this year. I asked a Disney CM via web chat if there were any new offers for free dining then. Of course, he wasn't able to tell me anything (or he might not know.) But he did suggest booking the trip now, and then if free dining comes out, I can call them and they'll apply it.

Has anyone ever done this? If so, can I just book the room now and then add both tickets and dining? Or do I need to book the room AND tickets to be able to add the dining? Thanks in advance!
iheartgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartgoofy View Post
I'm looking to book a trip in late Oct. this year. I asked a Disney CM via web chat if there were any new offers for free dining then. Of course, he wasn't able to tell me anything (or he might not know.) But he did suggest booking the trip now, and then if free dining comes out, I can call them and they'll apply it.

Has anyone ever done this? If so, can I just book the room now and then add both tickets and dining? Or do I need to book the room AND tickets to be able to add the dining? Thanks in advance!
You would need to book a package now in order to add FD to an existing package. A package is either resort/tickets or resort/tickets/dining. If you booked a room only reservation you would be booking a package and canceling the room only when FD came out.

Adding in, that having a package booked does not guarantee that the room type/resort you have booked will be eligible for FD. They limit the number of rooms. It serves as no advantage but it's very easy to do.
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #3
iheartgoofy
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info! I'd happily change resorts if needed... I know I want a moderate, but don't really care which one. Maybe I'd be ok just waiting to see if the offer comes out since I'm not picky about resorts....
Old 07-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartgoofy View Post
Thanks for the info! I'd happily change resorts if needed... I know I want a moderate, but don't really care which one. Maybe I'd be ok just waiting to see if the offer comes out since I'm not picky about resorts....
My general rule of thumb is that if you're going to go to Disney regardless of a discount I'd go ahead and book now. If you're needing the discount to go I'd wait until it comes out and just start fresh with it being applied.

Either way, I'm sure you'll snag something at 1 of the moderate resorts! Lots of rooms to choose from.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
iheartgoofy
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info and advice

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: