Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #46
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
We like to do everything at magic kingdom too-you are so not alone! I have to get in to see the fairies too! I told our girls we'd go last time but we never saw the wait time under 90 minutes. who can stand in line that long with kids? It looks super cute though! Can't wait to hear what you thought! I cant wait to see the MSEP too. We've never watched it, but it looks fun. Anyway, your day sounds awesome to me! Great plans!
Thank you! I hope you get to see the fairies too! And I think you will love MSEP, I know I do!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #47
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohanamoma View Post
Hi! joining in! we are checking out just at you arrive But we are eating at the House of Blues in DTD, they even have a restaurant.com certificate deal posted. I think it’s $10 for a $50 voucher. Thanks for posting where to pick up the fastpass+, I was trying to figure out where to get it before our early ADR on our 1st park day.
Hi there and welcome! Ah bummer that we will just be missing each other. Thanks for the info about HOB!

Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #48
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Yay NBC and B&tB are amazing! Sounds like a great weekend of trip preparation!

Yeah, the Fairies' line does get pretty long! If you don't get to go first thing in the morning, I think it's best to wait until later at night! We went right before Wishes in January and it was empty!

I'm hoping to catch the Move It! parade for the first time on our trip too! Celebrate the Magic is the best. You're gonna love it. I'm so excited for the Villains segment too!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #49
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Yay NBC and B&tB are amazing! Sounds like a great weekend of trip preparation!

Yeah, the Fairies' line does get pretty long! If you don't get to go first thing in the morning, I think it's best to wait until later at night! We went right before Wishes in January and it was empty!

I'm hoping to catch the Move It! parade for the first time on our trip too! Celebrate the Magic is the best. You're gonna love it. I'm so excited for the Villains segment too!
I hope you get to see the parade, from what I saw it was cute! Ah I seriously can't wait for Celebrate the Magic!!

Old 09-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #50
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

FP+ Help Needed!

So I have definitely been avoiding reading about FP+ because I'm in denial about it and hate change! (lvcourtneyy knows what I'm talking about!) But I was randomly reading something that said after September 3rd, all guests at Pop Century (among other hotels) will have full access to FP+. I was under the impression that people were selected for this! So I decided to login to My Disney Experience and WHAT?! customize my magic bands?! It turns out I logged in at the right time because today is the last day to make my customization choices! So I went ahead and did that, but when I tried to make my ride selections it said "The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window." I bought my tickets through Undercover Tourist and I wasn't planning on linking them to my reservation. I see that if I don't link them, I can't make any FP+ selections. I still want to have the ability to get regular FP when at the parks. I've been told that even if I link my Undercover Tourist tickets to my magic band, I can still use the hard tickets or KTTW in the park to get regular FP, but I'm so nervous something will go wrong or that will change. I'm leaning towards not linking anything right now and waiting to make sure nothing changes in the next month. Ah I'm overwhelmed Any advice anyone can offer would be appreciated!

Last edited by missangelalexis; 09-05-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #51
vleeth
I heart Disney

I think its safe to do fp+. I don't think the ability to do both will go away before your trip. The reason you can do both now is because they give you a kttw card in case you have mb problems. Once the testing is over you won't be able to do both, so enjoy it while it lasts.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #52
vleeth
I heart Disney

Also, after making my selections, I realized I really wont be using the regular fp much. I have tot rnr and tms at dhs. So I don't need anymore there. At Epcot I have soarin tt and had trouble coming up with a third. And its so nice to not have to go to tsm as soon as dhs opens.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #53
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
I think its safe to do fp+. I don't think the ability to do both will go away before your trip. The reason you can do both now is because they give you a kttw card in case you have mb problems. Once the testing is over you won't be able to do both, so enjoy it while it lasts.
Thank you for the reassurance! I'm just a worry wart I agree that FP+ will take off a lot of pressure about getting certain fastpasses at the park!

Old 09-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #54
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

Fellow first timer

Coming along for the ride! I am doing my first pre-trip report as well for my Oct 2013 trip. Looks like you will be there the week before me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post

HOW: We will be flying JetBlue, a first for all of us. However, I've heard good things about them and their perks really drew me in (free snacks, free baggage, free in flight entertainment). When pricing, they also came out to be the cheapest, which was what sealed the deal

I too will be flying JetBlue a first for me as well. I am looking forward to checking them and their free snacks out!

Quote:

Park Tickets have been purchased through Undercover Tourist. I used them last time and was pleased with their service and discounts! They have already arrived in the mail, waiting to be put to use :
Again, same. I got a but 4 days get 1 free deal that I could not resist!

So excited!

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)

Last edited by Nakkira; 09-06-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #55
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkira View Post
Coming along for the ride! I am doing my first pre-trip report as well for my Oct 2013 trip. Looks like you will be there the week before me!

I too will be flying JetBlue a first for me as well. I am looking forward to checking them and their free snacks out!

Again, same. I got a but 4 days get 1 free deal that I could not resist!

So excited!

Yay welcome! I've actually lurked over on your TR before I'll make sure to go over and comment though!

I hope we both have pleasant first time experiences on JetBlue. Can't wait for the snacks!

Old 09-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #56
LowesChevy
The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations and are beginning to materialize

Looking good so far! You will be arriving the day before our trip is over.

I am also a little nervy about the FastPass+...we are going to buy APs when we arrive, so I basically have bands with nothing on them. A trip to Guest Services should iron everything out for you.

Have a magical time
Old 09-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #57
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowesChevy View Post
Looking good so far! You will be arriving the day before our trip is over.

I am also a little nervy about the FastPass+...we are going to buy APs when we arrive, so I basically have bands with nothing on them. A trip to Guest Services should iron everything out for you.

Have a magical time
Thanks for your feedback! I hope you have a magical time too!

Old 09-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #58
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

I would be overwhelmed if we got picked for FP+ testing too! I'm so nervous about it, mostly because I already have a plan, and having to learn all about FP+ in the less than 30 days they seem to be giving people is not exciting. BUT from what I HAVE been reading, if you are going to use FP+, testing time is the time to do it. People seem to be loving it, and FP+ availability is not going to run out while it's still in limited testing. So enjoy! What I worry about is by November they will do resort-wide testing. Then I'm afraid getting good times for e-ticket rides is going to be difficult.
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #59
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
I would be overwhelmed if we got picked for FP+ testing too! I'm so nervous about it, mostly because I already have a plan, and having to learn all about FP+ in the less than 30 days they seem to be giving people is not exciting. BUT from what I HAVE been reading, if you are going to use FP+, testing time is the time to do it. People seem to be loving it, and FP+ availability is not going to run out while it's still in limited testing. So enjoy! What I worry about is by November they will do resort-wide testing. Then I'm afraid getting good times for e-ticket rides is going to be difficult.
I'm totally with you about already having a plan and not wanting to mess with it! The idea of being part of the testing IS exciting, but you always hope that you're not one of the ones that end up having a problem!

Sigh I hope that is not the case for you

Old 09-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #60
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm totally with you about already having a plan and not wanting to mess with it! The idea of being part of the testing IS exciting, but you always hope that you're not one of the ones that end up having a problem!

Sigh I hope that is not the case for you
I have found in the past if you go to guest services and explain an issue or problem, politely, there will usually be something magical happen.
Even when the problem arose because of our own idiocy!

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: