Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #31
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
We're planning a trip to the dark side too. This trip will be so much fun. I want to watch Despicable Me 2 before we go. I love it when we have movie nights right before the trip.
Despicable Me 2 is awesome!! And movie nights are great because they get you so excited for the trip

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

missangelalexis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #32
the real robp
Trip Reporter Extraordinaire

Sounds like a fun trip with your parents! I'm in the process of doing the planning for our own trip on 10/3 - 10/8, and right now it looks like we'll be doing MK, MNSSHP and Epcot along with you. Maybe we'll see you guys at the rope drop!
the real robp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 07:53 AM   #33
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the real robp View Post
Sounds like a fun trip with your parents! I'm in the process of doing the planning for our own trip on 10/3 - 10/8, and right now it looks like we'll be doing MK, MNSSHP and Epcot along with you. Maybe we'll see you guys at the rope drop!
That's awesome, happy planning to you!! Maybe you will!

Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

Old 08-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #34
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

Following along! My upcoming trip is a trip of firsts as well! I'm super excited to check out F&W, I think I'm most excited to try the cheddar cheese soup in Canada; Mongolian beef with steamed bun in China; Grilled cheese with pistachios and honey (Greece booth); Lobster roll (Hops & Barley booth); Fishermans pie (Ireland booth); beef bolognese ravioli in Italy; and beef with sweet potatoes (South Africa booth). Haha I hope we're hungry!

I'm jealous that you're making time to visit the Dark Side on your trip. We just didn't feel we had the extra day and there's so much at WDW we still haven't done (for example, two whole parks: HS & AK!). But I'm hoping maybe we can go next year, when the Harry Potter expansion is done. I know my DH will love Springfield USA!
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #35
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
Following along! My upcoming trip is a trip of firsts as well! I'm super excited to check out F&W, I think I'm most excited to try the cheddar cheese soup in Canada; Mongolian beef with steamed bun in China; Grilled cheese with pistachios and honey (Greece booth); Lobster roll (Hops & Barley booth); Fishermans pie (Ireland booth); beef bolognese ravioli in Italy; and beef with sweet potatoes (South Africa booth). Haha I hope we're hungry!

I'm jealous that you're making time to visit the Dark Side on your trip. We just didn't feel we had the extra day and there's so much at WDW we still haven't done (for example, two whole parks: HS & AK!). But I'm hoping maybe we can go next year, when the Harry Potter expansion is done. I know my DH will love Springfield USA!
Welcome!! And hooray for also having a trip of firsts! I DEFINITELY plan on bringing my appetite to Epcot The cheddar cheese soup and Lobster roll are top on my list too!!

I understand wanting to make a trip to the dark side, but considering you have never done HS or AK you definitely have a lot on your plate, so many amazing things to check out in those parks! And it just gives you an excuse to make another trip, and even better if you can go once the new HP stuff is done. I am very excited to check out Springfield

I'll be sure to hop on over to your PTR now!

Old 08-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #36
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Awesome day by day planning log! I love planning our DW trip too; so much so I use Excel to be sure there is no reservation overlap! I've even saved our trip planning sheets since 2010. We have been going every year for the F&W since 2000.

I also have a sheet of the tours offered by Disney to be sure we hit every one of them once (although the Segway tours are still cancelled until further notice). This year we will be trying Wild By Design for the first time. Really enjoyed Undiscovered Future World, but I think the Wild Africa Trek (2011) is my favorite. If you get the chance, Behind the Seeds is a nice one hour walking tour of behind the scenes at the Land. Only $18pp (15% discount with DVisa).

In 2011 we did IoA too; HP was awesome! We were there first thing in the morning when the crowds were almost non existent. I think we did the dueling dragons four times in the first half hour. The HP ride queue is amazing, worth waiting for the crowds to develop.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #37
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Resort Discounts

Were you able to get your resort discount? I noticed a discount for WL came out one week after I made reservations. When I called about it, the CM refunded the difference with no fuss. I love Disney.
Between that discount, the free round-trip flights on SW (SW Visa) and the discounts I get with my D Visa, this is a budget year for us! (Not going for one year is just not an option!)

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #38
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Awesome day by day planning log! I love planning our DW trip too; so much so I use Excel to be sure there is no reservation overlap! I've even saved our trip planning sheets since 2010. We have been going every year for the F&W since 2000.

I also have a sheet of the tours offered by Disney to be sure we hit every one of them once (although the Segway tours are still cancelled until further notice). This year we will be trying Wild By Design for the first time. Really enjoyed Undiscovered Future World, but I think the Wild Africa Trek (2011) is my favorite. If you get the chance, Behind the Seeds is a nice one hour walking tour of behind the scenes at the Land. Only $18pp (15% discount with DVisa).

In 2011 we did IoA too; HP was awesome! We were there first thing in the morning when the crowds were almost non existent. I think we did the dueling dragons four times in the first half hour. The HP ride queue is amazing, worth waiting for the crowds to develop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Were you able to get your resort discount? I noticed a discount for WL came out one week after I made reservations. When I called about it, the CM refunded the difference with no fuss. I love Disney.
Between that discount, the free round-trip flights on SW (SW Visa) and the discounts I get with my D Visa, this is a budget year for us! (Not going for one year is just not an option!)
Thank you! It's awesome to keep your planning sheets, it will be nice to look back on those.

That's so cool that you are doing all the tours! And thanks for the tip, I'd love to do that one day!

Yes I was able to get my resort discount! How great that everything is working in your favor budget-wise. Since you have been going every year for the past 10+ years, I can see why not going is not an option

Old 08-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #39
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Hope your mini-vacations were fun!

Sounds like a great day at Universal. I haven't seen either of the Despicable Me movies . I feel like I need to work on that!

The Hard Rock would be fun to eat at! We ate at the Hard Rock at Universal when we went when we were little and I've eaten at the one here in Manhattan plenty of times and it's always good. I can't wait to hear about wherever you decide!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #40
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Hope your mini-vacations were fun!

Sounds like a great day at Universal. I haven't seen either of the Despicable Me movies . I feel like I need to work on that!

The Hard Rock would be fun to eat at! We ate at the Hard Rock at Universal when we went when we were little and I've eaten at the one here in Manhattan plenty of times and it's always good. I can't wait to hear about wherever you decide!
Thank you, they were!

Oh my, you definitely should watch them! They are super adorable and fun!

Old 09-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #41
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Day 5 Plans

Hope everyone had a nice Labor Day! I spent it shopping, reading, and watching some Disney movies. I rewatched The Nightmare Before Christmas and Beauty & the Beast in preparation for the trip, which is now at 32 days and counting! We also received Mickey mail with our luggage tags and DME info! I also went ahead and preordered our PP+ Pretty successful weekend if you ask me! haha

DAY 5 PLANS - OCTOBER 9TH

Today we are back at Magic Kingdom for another full day!

My plan for now is to head to Tinkerbell's Nook first thing. I've heard how crowded it gets and would like to meet the fairies with little wait. After that we will head to Tomorrowland and ride Space Mountain, Buzz, Peoplemover and Carousel of Progress. After that I think we'll head to Fantasyland for Mickey's Philharmagic and to line up for lunch at Be Our Guest! I am hoping the line won't be too crazy but I am prepared to wait if necessary!

After lunch we will head back to the front of the park to meet some characters! The plan was to grab Fastpasses for Mickey & the Princesses but now I'm not too sure about the Princesses now that I hear Fairytale Hall might be opening at the middle of the month. If so , I may need to rework some of my plans depending on what the situation there will be like! Nonetheless, we will still want to try to meet Pluto and Marie (and Snow White and Mary Poppins if we didn't get to them in Epcot) in Town Square. By the time we're finished our fastpasses should be up to meet Mickey & (maybe) the Princesses!

Then we will head to Adventurland/Frontierland to ride Splash Mountain, Pirates, Jungle Cruise and maybe squeeze in Haunted Mansion or BTMR. There's a 5:40 Move It Shake It Celebrate it that I'd like to catch. I spontaneously caught it last trip, but didn't stick around for the party at the hub, so this time I'd like to see that!

After that it will be time to grab some dinner. I figure we will go to the one of the places that we didn't end up eating at on our first day. There's an 8pm MSEP so I'd like to get a good spot on Main Street where we can also see Celebrate the Magic and Wishes at 9pm. I'm actually really excited for Celebrate The Magic because 1) I didn't see it last time! and 2) The new Villains addition they've added sounds awesome! I'm thinking of trying to grab a spot around 7:20-7:30. Does that sound like a good time to get a spot?

The park closes at 9 so no rides after Wishes; it will be straight back to Pop for us!

List of Firsts for the day:
-Tinkerbell's Nook
-Lunch at Be Our Guest
-Meeting Marie (And possibly Snow White/Mary Poppins if we didn't get to in Epcot)
-Princess Fairtytale Hall?
-Celebrate the Magic

Last edited by missangelalexis; 09-03-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #42
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

I'm so jealous you're going to see the Villains Celebrate the Magic! We are just going to miss it by a few days. Oh well. Maybe they will have something special for Christmas ready to transition in and we can see that!

Your MK sounds fun and busy, and I'm glad it sounds as busy as mine! I'm not the only one who wants to do everything in MK!
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #43
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
I'm so jealous you're going to see the Villains Celebrate the Magic! We are just going to miss it by a few days. Oh well. Maybe they will have something special for Christmas ready to transition in and we can see that!

Your MK sounds fun and busy, and I'm glad it sounds as busy as mine! I'm not the only one who wants to do everything in MK!
I am pretty excited about Celebrate the Magic! I'm sorry you will miss it, but hopefully you will get a holiday edition!!

Haha I am glad someone else is on the same page as me planning wise! Sometimes I think I'm crazy for trying to do so much!

Old 09-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #44
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

We like to do everything at magic kingdom too-you are so not alone! I have to get in to see the fairies too! I told our girls we'd go last time but we never saw the wait time under 90 minutes. who can stand in line that long with kids? It looks super cute though! Can't wait to hear what you thought! I cant wait to see the MSEP too. We've never watched it, but it looks fun. Anyway, your day sounds awesome to me! Great plans!
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #45
Ohanamoma
Earning My Ears

Hi

Hi! joining in! we are checking out just at you arrive But we are eating at the House of Blues in DTD, they even have a restaurant.com certificate deal posted. I think it’s $10 for a $50 voucher. Thanks for posting where to pick up the fastpass+, I was trying to figure out where to get it before our early ADR on our 1st park day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: