Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #16
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Yay for the discount!

Good call not leaving at 6 am! We did it in January and I'm pretty sure we were running on pure adrenaline by the end of the day!

DTD is our favorite first day plan now! You still get plenty to do and see without worrying about rushing to a park! I think I'm definitely going to be looking into those mystery pin sets. I've bought some pins to start trading for the first time this September and I have a feeling it's gonna become an addiction.

Hmm I've heard nothing but great things about Raglan Road if you do decide to go that way.
Mystery Pin sets are awesome and if you're anything like me, you will definitely become addicted! They have so many different themed sets, it's always so hard to narrow it down and choose which ones I like the best! haha

And thank you for the tip on Raglan Road

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #17
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Plans

DAY 2 PLANS - OCTOBER 6TH

Our first day in the parks! And a PACKED day it will be! We will be starting the day bright and early to hit rope drop at Magic Kingdom! I have never seen the opening show, so I am very excited to finally do that.

My plan for today is to start of in Tomorrowland and ride Space Mountain and Buzz. With Peter Pan being closed (So sad about this ) and us choosing to not do Enchanted Tales with Belle, I feel like we don't have to go rushing straight to Fantasyland at RD. After riding Space & Buzz, we will head to Fantasyland to ride Under the Sea and meet Ariel in her Grotto.

Here's a nice little side by side comparison of me meeting Ariel when I was little & all grown up

I also want to meet the Fairy Godmother and hopefully Peter Pan & Wendy too! After that we will probably hit up the Winnie the Pooh ride and It's A Small World. I think by this time it will almost be lunchtime. I was thinking we'd either go to Cosmic Rays or Pinocchio Village Haus. After lunch I'd like to catch Dream Along With Mickey (another first!) and then head over to Storybook Circus to ride Dumbo and meet the characters at Pete's Silly Sideshow. After that, we'll head to the other side of the park. Depending on time, I'd like to get through Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion and Country Bear Jamboree (yet another first!). I'm sure you're thinking, "Why won't you have time to do those?". Well we will also be attending our first of 2 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parties!! So around 4:30 I'd like to pick up our wristbands and grab some dinner (I'm thinking Columbia Harbor House or Pecos Bills) before heading to the 7 Dwarves line around 5:30 to line up! This is our #1 priority for attending the parties and probably the one thing mom is most excited about! I want to spend as little party time as possible waiting, so I am totally ok waiting 1.5 hours before the party! I told Mom & Dad that I'd be willing to stand in line if they wanted to go explore a little on their own too!

I can't wait for September to hear reviews about the party and what changes/new things are going to be available! Based on last year's party, I'd like to try and do the following on this night:
-Meet the 7 Dwarves
-Meet the Winnie the Pooh Gang in costume
-Meet Donald/Daisy in costume
-Meet Aurora/Philip
-Meet Alice/Mad Hatter
-Watch the Villains Mix & Mingles (Maleficent is a MUST to meet! I plan on attending several of the shows between the 2 parties, so I'm hoping I can meet as many villains as possible)
-Watch the parade/fireworks
-Collect candy!

Rides will not be important to us on this night, so the goal is really the Dwarves, Parade, Fireworks, and as many of the characters I named as possible. Whatever characters we don't meet on this night we can hopefully squeeze in on our 2nd night. We will be attempting to stay right until the end of the party. I know it's risky doing a full day in the parks/full night at the party, but I think we can do it!

Any MNSSHP tips I should keep in mind??

List of Firsts for the day:
-Watch the Welcome Show
-Meet Fairy Godmother and Peter & Wendy
-Watch Dream Along with Mickey
-Country Bear Jamboree
-MNSSHP and all the exclusives that come along with it!

Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #18
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Yay the welcome show is so magical! You'll love it!

Aw the comparison shots of you with Ariel are so adorable!

Sounds like a good schedule for MNSSHP! I've never been either yet so I don't have tips but it seems like you should be able to do all of that!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #19
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay the welcome show is so magical! You'll love it!

Aw the comparison shots of you with Ariel are so adorable!

Sounds like a good schedule for MNSSHP! I've never been either yet so I don't have tips but it seems like you should be able to do all of that!
I can't wait to see it! And thank you!!

Old 08-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #20
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Plans

Side Note: My MNSSHP tickets have arrived! Almost 50 days away and I am getting VERY excited!

DAY 3 PLANS - OCTOBER 7TH

Hopefully we won't be TOO tired from last night's party because we today we are going to Epcot! I am hoping we will be able to hit rope drop. The plan is to head straight to Soarin' and ride standy by.

I really love this ride and am especially excited for mom and dad to try this one. After that the plan is to ride Test Track, Mission:Space, Spaceship Earth, The Seas with Nemo, and Living with the Land, with stops at Club Cool and Mousegears I'm sure! We also will be taking advantage of the Visa M&G at Innoventions. Depending on what time it is we will either head there now or wait until later in the evening. From there it will be time to head to World Showcase for the Food & Wine Festival!

We don't have any plans for lunch or dinner on this day, so I think we will just snack our way through WS. The F&W menus are out so I've been looking them over and deciding which foods I definitely want to try. I'd also like to try and meet some characters. The priorities are Snow White & Mary Poppins. If we don't get to meet them then hopefully we can catch their sets on our next MK day! I'd also like to meet Donald in Mexico and Duffy. Any other characters we will just decide as we go. We will take our time walking through WS and head back to Future World if necessary. We'd like to catch Illuminations, so hopefully we will have the energy to stay for that!

-Food & Wine Festival!
-Character Meets: Snow White, Mary Poppins, Duffy, Mexico Donald
-Illuminations (I believe I saw this as a kid but the infamous story is that I fell asleep and my dad had to carry me all the way back to the car..oops! That is one moment we will not be recreating on this trip )

For those also attending F&W, what foods are you excited to try??

Old 08-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #21
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Yay for MNSSHP tickets! Sounds like a great day at Epcot.

I wish we were going during F&W now! I was looking at some of the offerings and they sound so good! You'll have to share tons of pictures!

The line for Snow White was super long when we went in January so I would say try to get there before one of her sets!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #22
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay for MNSSHP tickets! Sounds like a great day at Epcot.

I wish we were going during F&W now! I was looking at some of the offerings and they sound so good! You'll have to share tons of pictures!

The line for Snow White was super long when we went in January so I would say try to get there before one of her sets!
I wish you were able to go to F&W too! But of course it gives you an excuse to go back to Disney again

Thanks for the tip!! I will definitely be bringing along character schedules so I can stay ahead of the game.

And thank you for being such a loyal reader

Old 08-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #23
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

I'm in for your PTR. EVerything sounds fun so far! We've never done MNSSHP but I'd love to sometime. Can't wait to see pictures. Speaking of, I like your ariel then and now pics! Cute!
We are going in January 2014 and I started my first PTR also. Come check it out if you have some time.
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #24
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
I'm in for your PTR. EVerything sounds fun so far! We've never done MNSSHP but I'd love to sometime. Can't wait to see pictures. Speaking of, I like your ariel then and now pics! Cute!
We are going in January 2014 and I started my first PTR also. Come check it out if you have some time.
Thank you so much for following along! And thanks for the compliment on the Ariel picture I will definitely come check out your PTR too!

Old 08-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #25
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Joining in! Too bad our trips don't overlap, but I have a feeling you will LOVE an October visit! It's so fun getting into the Halloween spirit Disney style! Mostly for me too because I don't like being scared.

I love that you are making a list of your firsts. It's so fun to go an experience all new things. We will have a lot of those on our upcoming trip because SO much has been added between Disney & Universal since the last time we were there! The Welcome show is one of my all time favorite WDW things, and I know you will love it. I have never seen Dream Along With Mickey beginning to end, but that will be a first for us too. I do know every single word of the show though because we listen to the audio in the car ALL THE TIME for DS! He loves it!

So jealous that you are doing 2 parties! Maybe I can convince DH while we are there that we should do another one... There is SO much I want to do and I feel like we won't have enough time!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #26
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Joining in! Too bad our trips don't overlap, but I have a feeling you will LOVE an October visit! It's so fun getting into the Halloween spirit Disney style! Mostly for me too because I don't like being scared.

I love that you are making a list of your firsts. It's so fun to go an experience all new things. We will have a lot of those on our upcoming trip because SO much has been added between Disney & Universal since the last time we were there! The Welcome show is one of my all time favorite WDW things, and I know you will love it. I have never seen Dream Along With Mickey beginning to end, but that will be a first for us too. I do know every single word of the show though because we listen to the audio in the car ALL THE TIME for DS! He loves it!

So jealous that you are doing 2 parties! Maybe I can convince DH while we are there that we should do another one... There is SO much I want to do and I feel like we won't have enough time!
Yay I'm so happy you're here! I am very excited to experience Disney at Halloween; and I'm with you, I don't like being scared either!

I'm glad we both will get to experience new things! So funny that you know all the words to Dream Along With Mickey

You should definitely try and convince DH to do 2 parties. You can always use the excuse that you won't be back for a while so you just have to squeeze in every ounce of Disney that you can!

Old 08-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #27
vleeth
I heart Disney

Joining!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #28
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Joining!
Glad to have you! I see you will be going in October too, I'm going to hop over to your PTR now!

Old 08-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #29
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Day 4 Plans

Long time no post! I was off from work last week for some mini vacations so I've been MIA from the boards, but I'm back now! Less than 40 days to go until I am Disney bound!

DAY 4 PLANS - OCTOBER 8TH

Today is the day we head to the dark side- Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure! We will be doing both parks in one day, so I definitely want to get there at park opening! We will head to the studios side first to ride: Despicable Me, Transformers, The Simpsons Ride, Men In Black, the Mummy, ET, and possible Shrek 4D. Barring any changes, we also will be catching the Despicable Me mini parade/M&G. Mom and I are HUGE Despicable Me fans. I got to catch the parade and meet all the characters last trip so I'm hoping the same can happen for her!

Lunchtime will be spent eating at and exploring the new Simpsons themed area. This is the part of the trip Dad is most excited about! He loves the Simpsons and I'm so happy all this new stuff will be open when we go! We will definitely be stopping by Moe's Tavern and the Duff Brewery. Lunch will probably be at one of the new quick service places. I'm sure we'll have another go on the Simpsons ride as well.

Whenever we are done, we will head over to Islands of Adventure. There are only a few rides that are priority here, so I'm not really worried about time. My goal is to get over there by 2pm. The 3 must dos are: Spiderman, Jurassic Park, and Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey. I am not even a HP fan but I love that ride SO much! I also will need to grab some delicious butterbeer when I'm in the area Other rides we might check out are Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges (though I'm hesitant because I know how soaked we will get), the Trolley Ride in Seuss Landing, and Poseidon’s Fury Show. Depending on time I'm hoping we will be able to sneak a second ride on Forbidden Journey too. IoA closes an hour before the Studos, so if we are up for it maybe we will head back over there to ride any favorites again or check out Cinematic Spectacular.

I am pretty sure we will be eating dinner at CityWalk, though I'm not sure where. Hard Rock & NBA City are probably contenders. We like Bubba Gump Shrimp & Margaritaville but have been to both of those places several times before. Does anyone have any favorites places to eat at CityWalk??

-Transformers Ride
-Exploring the new Simpsons area
-Eating at CityWalk

Old 08-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #30
vleeth
I heart Disney

We're planning a trip to the dark side too. This trip will be so much fun. I want to watch Despicable Me 2 before we go. I love it when we have movie nights right before the trip.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: