Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Dani's First Time
Mouseketeer

December 2013 Availability

Hi all,

Friends of mine are planning their first trip to Disney in early December. The dates are a bit up in the air - Dec 5th through the 10th is their first choice right now. Availability is terrible. POFQ is booked, POR has no standard rooms available, the only villas available are at AKV, SSR, and OKW.

Any idea what is happening? I thought this was a slower time of year. I even checked the Swan and Dolphin and they are booked as well.

Thanks,
Dani
Dani's First Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Peak time for Vills resorts so don't expect much DVC availability.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani's First Time View Post
Hi all,

Friends of mine are planning their first trip to Disney in early December. The dates are a bit up in the air - Dec 5th through the 10th is their first choice right now. Availability is terrible. POFQ is booked, POR has no standard rooms available, the only villas available are at AKV, SSR, and OKW.

Any idea what is happening? I thought this was a slower time of year. I even checked the Swan and Dolphin and they are booked as well.

Thanks,
Dani
Early December used to be a slow time, but has gotten very popular the last couple of years. In all honesty, there really isn't any "slow" period at Disney anymore. I'm not sure of the exact dates, but Pop Warner is sometime during the beginning of December, so that might be one reason why resort choices are so limited.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Pop Warner is the second week of December this year.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #5
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani's First Time
Hi all,

Thanks,
Dani
Think again. I have been going the week after Thanksgiving since 2000 and it is now a very popular week. Very few slow periods at Disney anymore.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: