Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #331
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofbk View Post
Rats! We're staying at All Star Sports in a couple of weeks & we just received the dreaded "refrigerator letter" in the mail. Oh well...we'll just plan on rolling with the punches & having fun regardless! Packing a small soft-side cooler to use as "plan B." ;-)
Staying at Pop Oct 19th, got our letter today

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #332
kkmauch
"Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with facts!"

POR Bayou room 3801 had a fridge! No nite, worked great!

Upcoming trips: October 2014 SSR
Recent trips: Aug 2013 CBR - Sep 2013 POR - Nov 2013 Pop - Mar 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - May 2012 SSR-THV - Nov 2011 OKW GV and Disney Dream - Sep 2011 AS-Sports - Dec 2010 SSR - Oct 2009 POFQ
displansforyou.com - facebook.com/displansforyou
kkmauch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #333
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Just returned from 7 nights at POR (Magnolia building) and as I reported earlier we had no frig. I called the front desk a couple days after we checked in and was told no refrigerators were available, even with medical need, but he said he would credit our account $15 per night, so $105 total and it did show up on our final statement.

But it was quite inconvenient not having a refrigerator. With high temps and humidity it would have been nice having cold beverages available, without having to go back to the room (after visiting a park) to grab our mugs and go over to the food court for cold drinks.

Also, I wasted so much food because of not having a frig. The Caesar salads were so big, I could eat about half before I was full. Would eat a few more bites just because I knew I couldn't take it back to the room, but would always have some to throw away. And the ribs from Pecos Bill's, they were HUGE and I had 1-1/2 that I just couldn't eat. It killed me to have to throw them out!

I would have been very upset if we had not gotten the credit on our bill.

And I really don't even understand what is taking so long to put new refrigerators into the rooms.
MIGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #334
SuperDan523
Mouseketeer

My room at Pop (1470) was replaced on the 23rd and it looked like they were taking care of all of Pop building one between the 22nd and 23rd.
SuperDan523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #335
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
Staying at Pop Oct 19th, got our letter today
We also arrive at Pop on Oct 19 and we haven't received a letter
Aug 1984 - Off Property Aug 1988 - Off Property June 1990 - Off Property Aug 1992 - Port Orleans July 1994 - All Star Sports Sept 1997 - All Star Sports July 1999 - Caribbean Beach (Family Reunion) Dec 2000 - All Star Music (Christmas) May 2002 - Port Orleans Feb 2009 - Pop Century Sept 2011 - Pop Century w/QSDP Sept 2012 - All Star Movies w/DP (Mother Daughter Trip) Jan 2013 - All Star Movies w/QSDP (Mother Daughter Trip 2) Oct 2013 Pop Century w/DP (F&W & MNSSHP) Nov 2014 - All Star Sports w/DP (F&W, MNSSHP & MVMCP)
KeroKero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #336
FloridaDreamin
Mouseketeer

We are checking into POR on October 4th. Called POR 3 times to confirm we will have a fridge for medical reasons. We were assured we will definitely have one. 6 days until check in and have not received the dreaded fridge letter. Will report back!
FloridaDreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #337
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeroKero View Post
We also arrive at Pop on Oct 19 and we haven't received a letter
Me, too. But either way I'm not too worried and don't put much stock into that letter.

There have been several reports this week of fridges being replaced at Pop. Although there are still lots to do, I would think they will finish with the resort before we arrive in 22 days...or 3 weeks from tomorrow. Yay!! And even if they aren't all replaced at Pop by then, my guess is it will be a bit easier to get one on request than it has been the last few months. Several people have indicated they magically got a fridge this week as soon as they inquired about a credit....

shyjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #338
qtkksmom
Earning My Ears

I just called WDW and spoke to a CM about refrigerators being replaced at CSR and she told me that all rooms now have working fridges. Hope that is true because I am placing an order with GG as we speak.
qtkksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #339
Mouse Dreams
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtkksmom View Post
I just called WDW and spoke to a CM about refrigerators being replaced at CSR and she told me that all rooms now have working fridges. Hope that is true because I am placing an order with GG as we speak.
I'm checking in POR Oct 28 and got my dreaded fridge letter today. Still have hope, though!
Mouse Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #340
rebelzrule
Earning My Ears

For what it's worth, I called yesterday to request a fridge for my upcoming trip in December and was told that within 2-3 weeks, the fridge rollout should be complete and all resorts and rooms should have fridges again.

I know that doesn't necessarily coincide with some of the letters going out, so who really knows, but maybe there is a little bit of hope...
rebelzrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #341
DisneyLoverMomof6
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtkksmom
Yeah! ! BFF and I will be checking in in the 18th and we're hoping to have a fridge fir plenty of cold bottled water. We are having 2 cases delivered to the resort. :-)
DisneyLoverMomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:36 AM   #342
FloridaDreamin
Mouseketeer

Said I would report back...checked into POR today. We called 3 times before arrival to confirm fridge. Never received dreaded fridge letter. Checked in & took whatever room they had available (tired from 19 hour straight drive). CM said if there was no fridge in the room just call & they would bring one. Got to the room and no fridge. Called and they brought one up right away.
FloridaDreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #343
sue Z
Heading to the World soon!!!

building 10 of the 70's received their refrigerators on the 24th at least the first floor as I had one
all the old ones were out by the laundry room
Old 10-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #344
EmpressBubbles
Proud Duck Smuggler

Hello! We just returned today from Pop. We were in the 50's section, building 3, second floor facing the lake. When we checked in I reminded them I needed a refrigerator to store my insulin. The CM stated he would have someone bring one shortly.
Once in my room, I noticed a fridge in the cabinet. It was plugged in with no notice on it not to use it. About a half hour later, a maintenance member showed up with a new fridge. It looked exactly like the one in the cabinet. He said the one we had already was one of the new ones and even checked it to be sure. My husband spoke with him for a few minutes and he learned that they are working on replacing these as quickly as they can get them.
I hope this information helps someone else!
Old 10-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #345
edares
Earning My Ears

Pop Resort Fridge

Arrived 10/2 - stayed in Building #1 50's section and had fridge - appeared to be new. We had brought cooler just to be sure, but were glad to have fridge.
edares is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: