Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #211
tarabl
Mouseketeer

Allstar Music Family Suite

Just back. ASMU family suite had the fridge. I did, however, receive a notice in the mail while we were away notifying us that we might not have a fridge.
tarabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #212
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2000 View Post
We arrived at POP with two rooms. Both frigs

were plugged in !!!!!!!!
Thought they were ok until one had a burning smell and engineering came ! They shpwed us the tag on the plug that said " out of service,do not use"
Clearly as I read here some don't think they need to follow rules !!! Glad we were ok .......
My Pop room in August was similar. Letter saying do not plug in and tag on cord but the people before me must have plugged it in. Of course they unplugged the Tv in doing so and that's how I found out. I called front desk an someone came and unplugged it and tapped it up again a few days later.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #213
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) did not have functional fridges upon check in (8/17,) but they were replacing at least some of Building 7's today. We got "home" to a row of fridges sitting outside rooms... lol!

They are smaller than the originals, and do not have a freezer compartment.
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #214
chasadchick
chasadchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell2528

received same letter today. we arrive at POP next friday.
Just got it today, we are at the Poly starting Sept 8
chasadchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #215
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

My DD and I will be at POR next month. It won't be the end of the world if we don't have a working refrigerator, but just inconvenient.

I do agree with the poster who thought it strange that Disney doesn't do more to ensure the non-working refrigerators are NOT plugged back in. To me it seems that the issue with the refrigerators is not all that serious, otherwise they would cut off the cords or remove the refrigerators from the rooms entirely. Simply unplugging them and leaving a note asking you not to plug it back it just doesn't seem like it is that serious of an issue then.

I mean, anything electrical can start a fire in a resort room. A lamp with a short in the cord, wiring in the walls, someone leaving a curling iron plugged in, or that crock pot someone brings and leaves turned on in their room so they have dinner ready and waiting when they come back to their room.

I did receive the letter about the refrigerators yesterday.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #216
NJAmanda
Mouseketeer

We arrived at POR in August 20 and had no fridge in the room. We asked about it the front desk expecting them to say that there were none. They seemed surprised and immediately brought one to our room.

Next trip April 20, 2013- Port Orleans French Quarter
NJAmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #217
TeresaMc
Mouseketeer

We arrived CSR Aug 6, we checked in at 6am, our room was ready and did have a fridge.

One of m employees stayed at POP Aug 20 and did not have a fridge.

He got fastpass+ and we didn't, so he got the better deal.
July 2008 LBV Best Western(impromptu trip)
September 2007 Wilderness Lodge- concierge
June 2007 Wilderness Lodge
March 2007 Wilderness Lodge
September 2006 Wilderness Lodge
December 2005 All Star Music
November 2004 Pop Century
April 1992 Carribean Beach Club
August 1986 off site
a few times as a child, once at Ft Wilderness at Christmas
TeresaMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #218
theburkes
Learning the WDW ropes

Received our letter today. Any other updates on POFQ?
Old 08-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #219
karen4546
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theburkes View Post
Received our letter today. Any other updates on POFQ?
We got our letter today also...We are to arrive 9/2. I called and requested a refrigerator starting weeks ago when I first heard of the removal. I booked through Disney website and I know people have reported either a $15/night credit or an added QS meal. Does anyone know where WDW posted they would do the credit for no refrigerator? We do have meds needing refrigeration, and we are flying - so no car.
karen4546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #220
Sleepy425
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
EXCUSE ME???? They wanted you to leave your food at the front desk fridge!? I think not!! Were they serious? Sorry but thats disgusting. I would never! how do I know what the staff are doing to my food when im not there? So lets say i wanted milk for my cereal, i'd have to come up to the front desk to get it? Wow!! just wow. Im guessing the CM you spoke with was either new, or severely misinformed.

Here's another question. Are they offering this to everyone at pop? Cause if so, that must be one massive fridge!
This isn't unheard of. This past winter I had to travel for work and when booking alerted the hotel that I would need a fridge to store breast milk in. I even called the day prior to confirm it. When I got there, no fridges were available. I had to hand over my milk to the front desk staff. Since it was that or let it go bad, I had no choice (no ice machines at that place).
Sleepy425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #221
3DisneyBuggs
The only way I would fly is if John Travolta is the pilot!
Maroon is my color, like the pom poms!
Now I owe tag tax

We got back from the Poly today and we had a fridge that stayed cold. We came home and there was a letter from Disney about not having a fridge.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #222
Malibustyle23
DIS Veteran

I wonder if since they are now (finally) sending out notification letters they will no longer give the $15 pn credit when requested.......
Malibustyle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #223
phlufster
We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad. You must be mad or you wouldn't have come here.

AoA Little Mermaid building 7 getting fridges installed right now! They were coming in and removing old ones and moving items into new ones for guests!

Can't wait to get back to WDW!

phlufster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #224
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoj69 View Post
So I have a couple of questions on this fridge situation. A couple of months ago when this issue first came up I thought people said the All star resorts were safe because those fridge's were put in recently and did not have a problem but it looks like they are replacing those as well now correct? I have a young son who we need a fridge for but not for medical reasons so I would never ask and take one away from someone who really needs one so my thought is it possible to purchase a small mini fridge and use it at the resort or will Disney not be ok with that?

in other news 29 days until our 10 day trip so I am sure we can get by no matter if we have a fridge or not.
Always took my own until they were part of the room .... looks like I might be hauling one again as I got my dreaded letter today
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 6x ~ PO Riverside (Dixie Landings) 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek (w/car)
POP Century 13x ~ Hilton DTD 2x
All Star Movie ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 2x ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #225
RedOne3781
Mouseketeer

We just got back from CBR on Tuesday. Stayed in Jamaica 4606 from 8/15 -8/20. We had a fridge, plugged in, with no note about unplugging it or anything. It worked well.

We stayed at Pop, in the 90's (can't remember the room number. It was right by the stairway with the computer, facing the pool) from 8/13 -8/15. The fridge was unplugged with a note saying not to use it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: