Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Just talked to a CM - Studio Villa Refrigerators

Hi all. This was new news to me. A CM just told me that the DVC Studio Villas ARE affected by the refrigerator recall. What? Here is a transcript of our chat:

Me: Hello. We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas in a standard studio villa in a few months. Can you tell me about the refrigerator in this room? Is there a place in the refrigerator to keep small frozen meals frozen?

Sakura: Hello! I'd be happy to point you in the right direction.
Sakura: To clarify, did you choose a deluxe studio room type at this resort?

Me: Yes, it's a deluxe studio villa.

Sakura: Thank you! This room type includes a mini-refrigerator. Many of our mini-refrigerators are not currently being used due to a recall. However, we are working quickly to have these replaced. You can call our Disney Reservation Center at 407-560-CHAT (2428) for them to note your reservation that you would like to request that a refrigerator be available during your stay.

Me: Oh, I was under the impression that the DVC rooms were not included in the recall.

Sakura: The Disney Vacation Club locations that include a full-size refrigerator were not impacted. This includes the 1, 2, and 3 bedroom villas. We do hope to have all of the mini-refrigerators replaced as soon as possible though.

.....BLERG!!!! Better make a phone call... we need a fridge due to dietary restrictions.
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

The mini-fridges are in the process of being replaced, which would include the studios, because they have the same fridges.

However, as stated, the villas are not effected because they are standard sized fridges.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
abdgeek
DIS Veteran

I just called DVC because I leave tomorrow for my trip to WDW. I'm in a studio and MS said that her info said that no DVC rooms were affected. I guess I'll find out tomorrow which CM is correct!
abdgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdgeek View Post
I just called DVC because I leave tomorrow for my trip to WDW. I'm in a studio and MS said that her info said that no DVC rooms were affected. I guess I'll find out tomorrow which CM is correct!
If you remember, please report back.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #5
klangkat
Mouseketeer

I thought the studio fridges were different too as they have a freezer compartment? Do all the mini-fridges have a freezer then?

klangkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #6
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSorority View Post
Hi all. This was new news to me. A CM just told me that the DVC Studio Villas ARE affected by the refrigerator recall. What? Here is a transcript of our chat:

Me: Hello. We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas in a standard studio villa in a few months. Can you tell me about the refrigerator in this room? Is there a place in the refrigerator to keep small frozen meals frozen?

Sakura: Hello! I'd be happy to point you in the right direction.
Sakura: To clarify, did you choose a deluxe studio room type at this resort?

Me: Yes, it's a deluxe studio villa.

Sakura: Thank you! This room type includes a mini-refrigerator. Many of our mini-refrigerators are not currently being used due to a recall. However, we are working quickly to have these replaced. You can call our Disney Reservation Center at 407-560-CHAT (2428) for them to note your reservation that you would like to request that a refrigerator be available during your stay.

Me: Oh, I was under the impression that the DVC rooms were not included in the recall.

Sakura: The Disney Vacation Club locations that include a full-size refrigerator were not impacted. This includes the 1, 2, and 3 bedroom villas. We do hope to have all of the mini-refrigerators replaced as soon as possible though.

.....BLERG!!!! Better make a phone call... we need a fridge due to dietary restrictions.
According to DVC Member Services which deals with the DVC members the studio fridges are not affected. The fridges in a DVC studio are larger than any of the ones I have seen in a regular resort room - large dorm/bar size fridges rather than the mini fridegs.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
SDSorority

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlovew View Post
According to DVC Member Services which deals with the DVC members the studio fridges are not affected. The fridges in a DVC studio are larger than any of the ones I have seen in a regular resort room - large dorm/bar size fridges rather than the mini fridegs.
That's what I thought, too! I'm going to go on the WDW chat again and ask... see if I get a different CM.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #8
SDSorority

....and the CM on chat refused to answer my question.

That's it, I'm calling the Boardwalk.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

The DVC studio fridges are different than the standard room fridges and all communication we've gotten from DVC has clearly stated all Villas, including studios are not affected by this recall.

We've not heard any backlash on the DVC boards from people being fridge-less in their studios -- believe me we'd have heard on these boards. LOL
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #10
Lori9556
Earning My Ears

I absolutely try another CM on the chat. I asked for some information from one about my customized magic bands and she said only cast members could get those, yet I was holding them! With all the information that the CM's need to know I am sure some of it gets missed.
Lori9556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #11
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

The hotel refrigerators are different from the studio refrigerators. Completely different. So the studio refrigerators are not affected. You got an uninformed CM. Probably at the call center. Maybe in Topeka, KS or Tampa, FL.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #12
SDSorority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
The hotel refrigerators are different from the studio refrigerators. Completely different. So the studio refrigerators are not affected. You got an uninformed CM. Probably at the call center. Maybe in Topeka, KS or Tampa, FL.

THIS is a big relief.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #13
abdgeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSorority View Post
If you remember, please report back.
I'm at BLT in a studio now and there is a fridge. As a PP said, it appears none of the DVC rooms are affected(1bdroom and up wouldn't be anyway). It's unfortunate the other CM was misinformed.
abdgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #14
twinkle49
Mouseketeer

I was in the BWV on 7/11 in a bw view studio and from 7/12-7/25 in a std view studio and both had the fridges. I checked in like 2 days after the news about the fridges came out and they were in both rooms and I never saw any being removed!

twinkle49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #15
disneymom3430
Earning My Ears

Smile Resort Fridges

I just checked regarding fridges in the Deluxe Studio at Saratoga Springs. I was told Saratoga was not affected by the fridge recall.
disneymom3430 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: