Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran

What building to request for Royal Room if we want to be near counter service/pool?

We will be in a Royal Room at POR. What building should we request to be near a pool and counter service?

Thanks!

VP
December 2005 Pop Century, VWL, Swan, December 2007 Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness December 2010 Fort Wilderness, October 2012 AKV Kidani, June 2013 Caribbean Beach, July 2013 Polynesian August 2013 Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room September 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas, POR-AB October 2013 MNSSHP/F&W Fort Wilderness December 2013 Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Violet Parr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #2
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

I would request exactly what you said, and leave the actual room assignment to them.

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club A change in plans...trying the Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran

No, strike that. We'd like to be near the park buses first, counter service second, then pool. It looks like there are quiet pools all over, so that's not a huge priority.

Thanks!

VP
December 2005 Pop Century, VWL, Swan, December 2007 Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness December 2010 Fort Wilderness, October 2012 AKV Kidani, June 2013 Caribbean Beach, July 2013 Polynesian August 2013 Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room September 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas, POR-AB October 2013 MNSSHP/F&W Fort Wilderness December 2013 Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Old 07-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
I would request exactly what you said, and leave the actual room assignment to them.
I was doing online check-in but it looks like there is no option to select an actual building like there is when you check in online for the Polynesian. Oh well! We'll see how things work out!

VP
Old 07-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Oh, sorry... didn't realize you were doing it online.

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club A change in plans...trying the Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
lady_hlh
DIS Veteran

Only the AB preferred rooms are right next to the cs at por. We stayed in a royal room last year and they are across the river from the main building so you need to walk over one of the bridges. Honestly compared to staying in ranchos at csr I didn't think the walk was bad at all.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
Missytara
I'm all ears!

You can see the map on the POR thread with the two buildings with the RR's.

You didn't say which booking category you chose; that does make a difference in location to the main building. The RR's category was done similar to the pirate rooms at CBR; they can be some of the more remotely located rooms in the resort.

If you click on the map of the two buildings, they will come up with which rooms are which booking location and you can go from there with your requests.

And requests are to be made on your reservation, not online check-in, as it appears you are doing.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
You can see the map on the POR thread with the two buildings with the RR's.

You didn't say which booking category you chose; that does make a difference in location to the main building. The RR's category was done similar to the pirate rooms at CBR; they can be some of the more remotely located rooms in the resort.

If you click on the map of the two buildings, they will come up with which rooms are which booking location and you can go from there with your requests.

And requests are to be made on your reservation, not online check-in, as it appears you are doing.
Thanks. I have only done online check-in for the Polynesian, and it actually gives all of the names of the longhouses and allows you to request up to two of them. I figured POR would have the same option

That said, after looking at all the bus stops and reading about how buses can show up full, we're considering switching resorts. It's up to my daughter, as this is her birthday trip.

How is bus service in the summer?

VP
Old 07-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #9
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Parr View Post
Thanks. I have only done online check-in for the Polynesian, and it actually gives all of the names of the longhouses and allows you to request up to two of them. I figured POR would have the same option

That said, after looking at all the bus stops and reading about how buses can show up full, we're considering switching resorts. It's up to my daughter, as this is her birthday trip.

How is bus service in the summer?

VP
I would never change/switch resorts just over bus service.

Some people will complain no matter what.

Some people are extremely impatient.

Some people travel solely at peak time and then complain constantly about bus service at one resort, because they happen to be staying there; if you travel at peak time, expect to wait.

POR has a nice alternative that you can end an evening at a resort, take the bus back to DTD bus hub, walk over to RFC and take the water taxi back to POR. They run every 10 minutes after 4 pm and you are never waiting very long.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: