Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
akhenaten
Lucky for husband, the neighbors can't hear
My fav ride was the kidddie whip!!

Wedding question

My dd is getting married next may. We are trying to choose a hotel where we will stay to get ready and guest will stay...

What is most important ...

Room size for bridal party to get ready? Free breakfast included for guests? Shuttle service to/ from reception? Price of room?

Example... Courtyard marriot room 84.00 no breakfast no shuttle

Hyatt house 109.00. Hotel breakfast buffet til 10am included. Shuttle to and from reception

MK daytrip 1980
MK/epcot 1983 offsite
FW camp 1986
CBR 1991Dixie landings 1996 CBR july 2004
POR Riverside July 2011
akhenaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

I got ready with 3 other girls in a Super 8 hotel room plus we had 2 lil kids and a hair dresser doing hair in that room. It wasn't great but it worked.
How is parking in area of Wedding/reception? WE had minimal parking but manged without issue. I could take or leave free brfsts.
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhenaten View Post
My dd is getting married next may. We are trying to choose a hotel where we will stay to get ready and guest will stay...

Room size for bridal party to get ready? Free breakfast included for guests? Shuttle service to/ from reception? Price of room?

Hyatt house 109.00. Hotel breakfast buffet til 10am included. Shuttle to and from reception
I think the breakfast and shuttle. Especially if there will be drinking at the reception.

If you think guests may balk at $109/night, maybe you can block rooms at both places.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
LiveYourLife
I am the one who knocks...

I would offer both. This way you are giving your Guests a variety of options at different price points with varying services. Each Guest can choose to stay at the Hotel that works with their individual travel budget and also what is important to them amenity wise.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
jen1977
Mouseketeer

I say breakfast and shuttle. The extra $20 saved at the cheaper hotel would be used for breakfast somewhere else for a lot of people anyway. We always try to book rooms with good free breakfast. Our boys love to make their own waffles.
jen1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #6
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

If I were a guest, I would prefer the hotel with breakfast and the shuttle. The price is fair and not outrageous.
antmaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
akhenaten

I guess since I have always driven to weddings I do not appreciate the shuttle... No weddings I have attended ever offered one...

MK daytrip 1980
MK/epcot 1983 offsite
FW camp 1986
POR Riverside July 2011
Old 07-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #8
Ladcassidy
Mouseketeer

We offered a shuttle because most of our guests flew into town for the wedding. We also chose a hotel that included breakfast because my extended family loves to spend our mornings together eating, drinking, and laughing.
Ladcassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #9
akhenaten

I should add that my daughter thinks 10 am is too early for the breakfast to end the morning after the wedding and still would like a breakfast with guests. As nice as it would be to have a breakfast for guests... I think I would rather use that money elsewhere...

Too many choices and decisions.. Ugh.... At least the church, reception site and dress were relatively easy...lol

MK daytrip 1980
MK/epcot 1983 offsite
FW camp 1986
POR Riverside July 2011
Old 07-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
LiveYourLife
I am the one who knocks...

OP, if it isn't going to cost you anything - I would do a room block at both Hotels. Just be sure to find out if you will be held financially responsible for any rooms not booked in the block.

Any questions let me know!
Old 07-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #11
Lionqueen2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I should add that my daughter thinks 10 am is too early for the breakfast to end the morning after the wedding and still would like a breakfast with guests. As nice as it would be to have a breakfast for guests... I think I would rather use that money elsewhere...

Too many choices and decisions.. Ugh.... At least the church, reception site and dress were relatively easy...lol
I agree with your daughter especially if she is having an evening reception. At our daughter's wedding, we just rented a small function room and did a buffet breakfast for guests of the wedding. It isn't all that much money for a breakfast and gives all the wedding guests a chance to socialize with the bride and groom.

Hotel breakfast rooms can be small and, while they work for individual guests, they don't easily accommodate a larger group that will be divided by other guests in the hotel. An organized breakfast will also give those guests who may be staying in less expensive accommodations to join in with the other guests so no one will be left out.
Lionqueen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:08 PM   #12
trip
family trip planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveYourLife View Post
I would offer both. This way you are giving your Guests a variety of options at different price points with varying services. Each Guest can choose to stay at the Hotel that works with their individual travel budget and also what is important to them amenity wise.
I would also do this. Have a block of rooms at both and let the guest choose what fits thier needs best.
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #13
ksjayhawks
DIS Veteran
Dorothy and Toto have taken all my glory!

Is there parking available at both church and reception site?

I would block rooms at both hotels and give guests a choice. I don't think breakfast ending at 10 a.m. is bad. Many will be up and on their way that morning, many go to breakfast before getting ready for the day.

While a breakfast the morning after, hosted by you, is nice it isn't mandatory.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #14
kacaju
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Who are the guests? Is it mostly their friends?? And do they drink? If so...they would probably rather the shuttle.. Is it mostly family? If so...then maybe not...
My 2 nieces got married last summer. They both had shuttles and while it was great for the younger guests...we took the car because we had their Grandma, and if she wanted to leave early we had the car there to take her back to the hotel.

Also, how far is the hotel from the reception? Is it easy to get too? Will most of your guests know how to get back and forth?

What time is check out? 10am may be too early for your dd....but are others traveling far? If the check out is 11am, and I had to travel an hour or so home...yes, I'd get up have my free breakfast and leave.

Don't forget...people are free to choose whatever hotel they want. I would book at the shuttle/free breakfast hotel....these are nice services offered. If a guest feels that is too expensive...they are free to find another hotel.
kacaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:59 AM   #15
Poohforyou
DIS Veteran

I think the shuttle would be the best feature for me. Not to have to worry about driving to an unfamiliar location, walking far in heels etc. I would care about breakfast breakfast the food factor but would like being able to hang out with other wedding guests I might know.
Poohforyou is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: