Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
pampam
DIS Veteran

Well! I won't do that again!

What mistakes in life will you never repeat? It could be small errors, or life changing decisions.

I'll start. Today, I made burgers stuffed with sauted onions and provalone cheese, for a surprise for my family. No one noticed. When I mentioned it, DH said "yah, you put onions in the burger." He never noticed the cheese, and it just was not worth the effort it took to make the burgers.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

DS was at the Boy Scout Jamboree earlier this month. He was at scout camp the week before that (home just Friday mid-afternoon until Saturday morning) so, in effect, he was away from home for 2 1/2 weeks. I missed the bugger. After he left for the Jamboree, I got a care package together. Chose snacks that he would like and wouldn't melt in the mail, a deck of cards for when it rained, some hand-held battery fans to help with the heat... $50 of stuff plus shipping costs.

He. never. even. LOOKED. at. it.

He received the box, put it in the food trailer, and promptly forgot aaallllll about it. On the last day of the Jamboree he told everyone else to help themselves. I told him about the fans. His response - "oh, so THAT'S where they got those"

:facepalm:

NEVER.... again....

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
laurajetter
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy thinks my Chocolate Lab Hershey is a cutie!
WHAT IS THE STUPID DEAL WITH THESE BANANAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
DS was at the Boy Scout Jamboree earlier this month. He was at scout camp the week before that (home just Friday mid-afternoon until Saturday morning) so, in effect, he was away from home for 2 1/2 weeks. I missed the bugger. After he left for the Jamboree, I got a care package together. Chose snacks that he would like and wouldn't melt in the mail, a deck of cards for when it rained, some hand-held battery fans to help with the heat... $50 of stuff plus shipping costs.

He received the box, put it in the food trailer, and promptly forgot aaallllll about it. On the last day of the Jamboree he told everyone else to help themselves. I told him about the fans. His response - "oh, so THAT'S where they got those"

NEVER.... again....
Aw...
Old 07-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
Justmeandnooneelse
Mouseketeer

I'll never again say "never again".
Justmeandnooneelse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
DawnM
Dawn

Awe, mom, I know it is hard, but honestly, you have to just let that one go. He did a great job by going to Jamboree. He made a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post

NEVER.... again....

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
DawnM
Dawn

Huh, let's see......

I will never again stay in a job with a horrible boss who stresses me out.

I will never again buy a FORD car.

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
jen1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnM View Post

This! We've owned several, and the transmission has gone out on every single one. Went out on one twice. Apparently we are slow learners!
jen1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #8
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

We went to Fantasmic once. Youngest one was terrified and everyone else thought it was lame. Never again.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:19 AM   #9
It'sWDW4me
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Awe, mom, I know it is hard, but honestly, you have to just let that one go. He did a great job by going to Jamboree. He made a mistake.
I am very proud of him for sharing his stuff - he's a very generous kid. And he went and had an amazingly FANTASTIC time at Jamboree and went a little out of his comfort zone - he swore he was NOT interested in the zip line but he did go on his last day... and he loved it! I'm proud of him for trying it and he made friends from different states. His Pennsylvania crews were in the same campsite with Tennessee and Virginia crews and they all got along so well that they started a facebook group to stay in touch.

So, yes, I'm very proud of him and I'm so, SO glad he had such a wonderful time. He'll be remembering this for the rest of his life.

It's just... sigh... I wish he would have at least LOOKED at it, ya know? I'm happy and sad at the same time that he's stretching his wings.

WDW Commando Member #120

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
Old 07-29-2013, 02:38 AM   #10
It'sWDW4me
HOLD THE PHONE!

I will never again pay for a checked bag when I can take a carryon plus a personal item (backpack) for free! 7 day trip last week - I packed 4 changes of clothes and just did one load of laundry while it was raining cats and dogs one afternoon saved me $46 ($50 less $4 for washer/dryer)!

WDW Commando Member #120

Old 07-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #11
pieface
Mouseketeer

I will never jump down a flight of steps on a pogo stick again. Man that hurt.
pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #12
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

I will never again let a child sit on my lap so when can go down the kiddie slide at the waterpark. Who knew that the combined weight would cause us to shoot like a cannon down the slide and the adult, aka me, would skid across the bottom of the pool. One broken tailbone later, I can honestly say it will never happen again.

I am sure there are a host of others that I will never do again!

Kelly
Old 07-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #13
pampam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg403 View Post
I will never again let a child sit on my lap so when can go down the kiddie slide at the waterpark. Who knew that the combined weight would cause us to shoot like a cannon down the slide and the adult, aka me, would skid across the bottom of the pool. One broken tailbone later, I can honestly say it will never happen again.

I am sure there are a host of others that I will never do again!

Kelly
Ouch! Lesson learned.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #14
BCmomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Huh, let's see......

I will never again stay in a job with a horrible boss who stresses me out.

Yes! These two for sure.
2006 - DL/DCA
2013 - DL/DCA

Future trips:
2014 - Aulani resort Hawaii (10th wedding anniversary) is not in the cards, so we're off to Puerto Vallarta!
2016 - Spring break at DL/DCA!!
BCmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #15
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
We went to Fantasmic once. Youngest one was terrified and everyone else thought it was lame. Never again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieface View Post
I will never jump down a flight of steps on a pogo stick again. Man that hurt.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: