Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #106
MattRyan
Mouseketeer

To the person who heard a rumor, I doubt MagicBands will be completely rolled out by September.

With the large scale test going on for August, they're going to want to take some time and analyze the feedback and iron out all the kinks before a full roll out. If anything, testing will continue into September, but I'm fairly certain that MagicBands will not be fully rolled out.
MattRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #107
PDJPrinceCharming
I'll be easy to spot. Come & say hello...
Ok I might be losing my mind here & that is very possible

Ok I talked to CM the other night & she said without saying of course that there will probably be another test in September unless the roll out comes then. I said I was interested & if she thought i'd get my wish of a band for my September trip, she said yes without saying of course. Plus they should be adding some new resorts to the testing list soon as well too. So it looks like September should have another test with a full roll out before 2013 is over. Of course that's just what I heard....

Movies 2006 & Christmas 2013, Music 2007 & Sports Christmas 2008
Pop 2008, 2009(20th Trip), 2010, 2011(It's a Non Kinda Thing!), Christmas 2012(Podcast Cruise 4.0), 2013, 2014 & Christmas 2014
Art of Animation 2012(Disney Sea Across The Universal)
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo 2013 Kidani Village Christmas 2013
Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort- Christmas 2014
Boardwalk Villas Christmas 2013
Old Key West Villas Christmas 2013 & 2014
Villas at Grand Floridian Christmas 2013
Polynesian Resort Christmas 2012
Paradise Pier at Disneyland Resort- Christmas 2009
Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal- 2014 & Christmas 2014

My YouTube Channel: Pop www.youtube.com/user/SirOwenDisney
PDJPrinceCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #108
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRyan View Post
To the person who heard a rumor, I doubt MagicBands will be completely rolled out by September.

With the large scale test going on for August, they're going to want to take some time and analyze the feedback and iron out all the kinks before a full roll out. If anything, testing will continue into September, but I'm fairly certain that MagicBands will not be fully rolled out.
That's assuming there are any major kinks. Aside from some issues with the MDE website and ticket linking, there really haven't been too many problems with the actual in-park aspect. Of course, this current round of testing has just begun, and it's bigger than the last one, so new problems could arise. And the computers did go down yesterday morning, causing people to be stranded outside the park turnstiles for a short period of time right around the opening of the 4 parks, but I don't think there's been any major problems as of yet; nothing that would cause them to need more time.

We shall see, of course.

It wouldn't surprise me though, that if this next 5-7 days seems to be going okay in terms of FP+, they will ramp up the Magicband distribution for September and October, even if they don't go full-out implementation.

I'm actually hoping to have it for our end of Sept trip. Hit a recommended park in the morning and do all the major attractions at whatever park we're at (TT, Mission Space, Splash Mt, Space Mt, BTMRR, TSM, ToT, RnRC, Safari, EE, etc). Then do the second tier attractions until mid day. Back to the room for an afternoon rest, then head out around 4-5 to whichever park is open the latest and/or has EMH, and hopefully use any FP+ I can obtain for the late afternoon/evening hours. Then spend the rest of the night just walking around and enjoying nighttime in the parks and hitting attractions that rarely have a wait time.

Who knows... they may still be giving out KTTW cards that allow you to double dip FP and FP+.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #109
AColdSarsaparilla
Earning My Ears

We were selected

My husband and I are staying at YC 8/31-9/4 and BWI for one night on 9/5, we were chosen. We received an email and since I am a disney vacation planner someone from Disney called me. They originally told me one of my bookings had been selected and it ended up being mine. We were able to customize our magic bands and they were at our door two days later!

According to the CM, we will be able to use MM+ and our annual passes to get regular fast passes, I hope this is true as you can only get fast passes for ONE park per day.... Also, this was a room only ressie, no dining plan and we already had the AP's.

Grand Floridian 1990, Caribbean Beach 1990, Villas at the Disney Institute 1996, Beach Club 2002,Contemporary 2007/2008, Port Orleans Riverside 2009, Wildness Lodge 2010, Yacht Club 2011, Boardwalk Villas/ Yacht Club 2012, Poly 2013, CSR 2013, Yacht Club 2013 x 2, Wilderness Lodge 2014, Yacht Club 2014
AColdSarsaparilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #110
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by AColdSarsaparilla View Post
My husband and I are staying at YC 8/31-9/4 and BWI for one night on 9/5, we were chosen. We received an email and since I am a disney vacation planner someone from Disney called me. They originally told me one of my bookings had been selected and it ended up being mine. We were able to customize our magic bands and they were at our door two days later!

According to the CM, we will be able to use MM+ and our annual passes to get regular fast passes, I hope this is true as you can only get fast passes for ONE park per day.... Also, this was a room only ressie, no dining plan and we already had the AP's.
Us too. We check into Pop on 8/31 and were selected. My TA got the email of chosen clients and we were on it.

My first reaction was absolutely not!! (In fact, I think I posted that here on this thread! )

BUT

I did decide to try it simply because this is a short trip and also will be 1 of 3 for us this year (ie no harm, no foul if things get a little messed up). Since we are trying to cram all 4 parks into 3.5 days, I decided that I am going to try out the "rope drop" theory. We will rope drop one park and ride standby and use FP+ in our park hop later in the day.

Of course, I am hoping that the info given about still being able to use the APs for traditional FP holds true in the event that the above doesn't work out
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #111
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDJPrinceCharming View Post
Ok I talked to CM the other night & she said without saying of course that there will probably be another test in September unless the roll out comes then. I said I was interested & if she thought i'd get my wish of a band for my September trip, she said yes without saying of course. Plus they should be adding some new resorts to the testing list soon as well too. So it looks like September should have another test with a full roll out before 2013 is over. Of course that's just what I heard....
Well considering 9/28 is the last day to book FP+ selections, they seem to be on hold with further testing ATM. The 60day window is open to 10/2 but no FP+ can be booked for anything that far out. There is an error message that pops up saying there are no fast passes available anywhere in any park.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #112
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post

Us too. We check into Pop on 8/31 and were selected. My TA got the email of chosen clients and we were on it.

My first reaction was absolutely not!! (In fact, I think I posted that here on this thread! )

BUT

I did decide to try it simply because this is a short trip and also will be 1 of 3 for us this year (ie no harm, no foul if things get a little messed up). Since we are trying to cram all 4 parks into 3.5 days, I decided that I am going to try out the "rope drop" theory. We will rope drop one park and ride standby and use FP+ in our park hop later in the day.

Of course, I am hoping that the info given about still being able to use the APs for traditional FP holds true in the event that the above doesn't work out
I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback after your trip. We always hop and am curious how not using FP in the first park of the day might go. Like many things though, i suppose it could greatly vary by day/season

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #113
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

i am down to 40 days checking MDE everyday to see if i get any luck lol i have both my annual pass and MNSSHP linked to it to get more of a chance for the magic bands.
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

DisneyMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #114
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMarv View Post
i am down to 40 days checking MDE everyday to see if i get any luck lol i have both my annual pass and MNSSHP linked to it to get more of a chance for the magic bands.

How did you link your MNSSHP tickets?? I tried and it would not let me. Did get my AP link.

Laura
***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
snausman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #115
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
How did you link your MNSSHP tickets?? I tried and it would not let me. Did get my AP link.

Laura
i had the will call tickets i just called the MDE Tech support and a cast member was more then helpful to link it for me .
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

Old 08-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #116
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
i had the will call tickets i just called the MDE Tech support and a cast member was more then helpful to link it for me .
Thank you, I will do the same.

Laura
***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 08-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #117
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
Thank you, I will do the same.

Laura
your welcome what MNSSHP are you attending i will be there for the Sept 13 one ?

Old 08-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #118
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
your welcome what MNSSHP are you attending i will be there for the Sept 13 one ?
We will be there Sept. 10th. We love MNSSHP and go every year.

Laura

Old 08-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #119
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehowells View Post
i'm in canada, and was given the mde, on my ipad, but it doesn't even mention fastpass+
fellow canadian here-what is the app that you are using. I hope to get it on my tablet
Old 08-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #120
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Any news yet on a September release?
yellowfish78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: