Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #946
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart-mom View Post
This whole thing is just giving me a headache. I have had too many problems with my reservations this vaca and now add this onto the pile. I'm staying BC and YC has been testing. Really? What do I do? Should I try to switch to YC? I don't want to miss out on the mb's because DH has already said it will be a few years till we come back again. I don't even really care about the fp+'s. Oh and now there is activity off the coast of Africa starting to brew - no surprise here - had to kick up, didn't it?
The rumor at the moment is that BC has them for sept. I am BC too and when I try to book fastpasses it tells me I need to link tickets first. i dont have tickets yet so I cant link them, but it "seems" like I could book + if I did.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #947
ShayBells
DIS Veteran

Sorry wrong thread don't know what happened
ShayBells is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #948
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post
I was able to make FP+ selections today too! Question, where are we able to choose magic bands? Will something special pop up? Also, are we sure we can double dip with regular FP-? How?
Anyone?
Old 08-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #949
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Do your AP's have to be linked to your reservations to get FP +. I have tried to link them, but when I enter the barcode the screen tells me I already have a paperless ticket or pass.. We check into BC on Sept 12. Is this resort included in the FP+?

Ofinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #950
houseofduck
Mouseketeer

Resservation error message

So, after seeing all of the activity on this thread, I tried to make FP+ selections for our September BLT trip. I get the "Sorry..." message that others have reported.

But, I also get another error message that I haven't seen others mention. When I look at my reservations in MDE, I can see the reservation, but, at the top of the screen, I see a message that says, "One of your resort reservations needs attention!" I see no problem with the reservation. There are no other error messages on the page. I called tech support. The CM told me everything looked fine with the reservation.

Has anyone else seen this error message? I would like to give my resort reservation more attention (like selecting FP+), but MDE just won't let me!

The error is with MDE on my laptop. On the MDE app, I don't see an error message. I can't make FP+ selections there either.
houseofduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #951
RedM94
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofduck View Post
So, after seeing all of the activity on this thread, I tried to make FP+ selections for our September BLT trip. I get the "Sorry..." message that others have reported.

But, I also get another error message that I haven't seen others mention. When I look at my reservations in MDE, I can see the reservation, but, at the top of the screen, I see a message that says, "One of your resort reservations needs attention!" I see no problem with the reservation. There are no other error messages on the page. I called tech support. The CM told me everything looked fine with the reservation.

Has anyone else seen this error message? I would like to give my resort reservation more attention (like selecting FP+), but MDE just won't let me!

The error is with MDE on my laptop. On the MDE app, I don't see an error message. I can't make FP+ selections there either.
I had the exact same problem for Kidani. I had to call support to get it fixed. The MDE and DVC systems don't play well together.
RedM94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #952
stindall
Congress Tart

I have to agree with those who said disney needs to have better communication about this. If it is a glitch why would people be actually receiving magic bands? It's be one thing if you could only do things on the website but to be shipped something like that wouldn't be a glitch.

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! Read our PTR HERE
stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #953
houseofduck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedM94 View Post
I had the exact same problem for Kidani. I had to call support to get it fixed. The MDE and DVC systems don't play well together.
Do you know what they did to fix it? When I called, the CM told me I could ignore the message.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #954
Tink10
Always Lurking!
The cooler people just kill me

Quote:

I have ressies for BWV and have them linked. I received the same message because of the DVC link. I called DVC member services...they unlinked them, then relinked them and it was all fixed
Oct 201 - BWV & Disney Fantasy
Tink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #955
kraeurb
Mouseketeer

We are staying at AoA Sept 27 - Oct. 5. I have been checking each day to see if we can get the Magic Bands or Fastpass+. So far no Magic Bands, but I was able to book Fastpass+ for the 27 and 28. But then 29 and after nothing. I will keep checking each day and so what happens.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #956
houseofduck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink10 View Post
I have ressies for BWV and have them linked. I received the same message because of the DVC link. I called DVC membershervices...they unlinked them, then relinked them and it was all fixed
Thanks, I'll give member services a call!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #957
RedM94
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks, I'll give member services a call!
I called MDE tech support and they fixed it. DVC member services couldn't for some reason.
RedM94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #958
Jditmer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post
Anyone?
On the MDE home page there is a link on the right side with Magic Bands. If you click it you will either be asked to customize you MB or link your reservation, which means you aren't eligible as of now.

Up until now ppl at still double dipping, which I think is only fair until its fully rolled out. I know most don't see it that way. But how is it fair for say, you to only get the 3 FP+ while I can still pick up 7 or 8 FP. I know most don't see it that way, but come on, it's Sept. some days FP won't even be necessary to ride everything with wait times under 20 minutes.

Hopefully some of us start getting more answers soon
Jditmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #959
Tink10
Always Lurking!
The cooler people just kill me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedM94 View Post
I called MDE tech support and they fixed it. DVC member services couldn't for some reason.
Mine was just the opposite. Disney Tech couldn't do anything, but member services had it fixed in about 5 minutes. But mine was because of the link.
Oct 201 - BWV & Disney Fantasy
Tink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #960
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jditmer View Post
On the MDE home page there is a link on the right side with Magic Bands. If you click it you will either be asked to customize you MB or link your reservation, which means you aren't eligible as of now.

Up until now ppl at still double dipping, which I think is only fair until its fully rolled out. I know most don't see it that way. But how is it fair for say, you to only get the 3 FP+ while I can still pick up 7 or 8 FP. I know most don't see it that way, but come on, it's Sept. some days FP won't even be necessary to ride everything with wait times under 20 minutes.

Hopefully some of us start getting more answers soon
Thanks for the reply. TOTALLY agree with you about the double dipping and I really hope we are able to when we go. So in order to do this I just use my magic band WITH my KTTW card? Does it matter how I get into the park (band vs. card)? I did see the Magic Band on the side but it just asks me to link one. I wasn't sure if the wording or choice changed when it would allow me to customize or if I just need to keep clicking on it and checking?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: