Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #2716
OtherFigment
Mouseketeer

So excited for lunch at bog! Much preferable to the 930p dinner I had found!

OtherFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #2717
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marynpaul
I had a one night reservation at Pop. For next Friday but had to cancel because I couldn't change my flights. I do have a vacation package for the next day at ASMU but that resort isn't testing. My ? Is I already booked fast pass plus on the mde site, but now I am longer at a testing resort and I didn't receive the magic bands in the mail. Do you think I would still be eligible to use the booked fast pass plus (the still show up under my plans on the MDE site)?
Unfortunately the FP+ is tied to the magic band. If you don't have a band you won't have any way to use the FP+s.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Yellowstonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2013, 03:24 AM   #2718
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marynpaul View Post
I had a one night reservation at Pop. For next Friday but had to cancel because I couldn't change my flights. I do have a vacation package for the next day at ASMU but that resort isn't testing. My ? Is I already booked fast pass plus on the mde site, but now I am longer at a testing resort and I didn't receive the magic bands in the mail. Do you think I would still be eligible to use the booked fast pass plus (the still show up under my plans on the MDE site)?
If your FP+ selections still show up, you can likely use FP+ with your KTTW card (RFID) that you'll get at check in. The KTTW card should link to your account where your FP+ selections are, and then the KTTW card acts pretty much just like a Magicband.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #2719
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77

If your FP+ selections still show up, you can likely use FP+ with your KTTW card (RFID) that you'll get at check in. The KTTW card should link to your account where your FP+ selections are, and then the KTTW card acts pretty much just like a Magicband.
Has anyone confirmed that this works? When I was just there, there were always 1 or 2 CM's either looking at your paper FP or looking to see we had bands on and watching us use them. This happened both at the beginning and at the end of the FP line. We didn't use, nor did we see anyone use KTTW cards.

However, if the FP+'s are there in the app then KTTW cards should work since we were instructed to use them as backup only if the bands didn't work. Providing the CM's allow it.

2014 November - ?
Old 09-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #2720
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post
Has anyone confirmed that this works? When I was just there, there were always 1 or 2 CM's either looking at your paper FP or looking to see we had bands on and watching us use them. This happened both at the beginning and at the end of the FP line. We didn't use, nor did we see anyone use KTTW cards.

However, if the FP+'s are there in the app then KTTW cards should work since we were instructed to use them as backup only if the bands didn't work. Providing the CM's allow it.
Are you asking if you can use KTTW cards to get paper FP? I believe it only works if tickets are not associated with the cards, ie room only cards. We had magic bands and used our room only KTTW cards from both halves of our split stay to get paper FP. So, for example, on our DHS day we got two sets of FP using our two sets of KTTW cards, and had one set of FP+ using our magic bands. Not a word was said by any CMs when we used paper FP. We also used them at MK with no issues.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #2721
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom

Are you asking if you can use KTTW cards to get paper FP? I believe it only works if tickets are not associated with the cards, ie room only cards. We had magic bands and used our room only KTTW cards from both halves of our split stay to get paper FP. So, for example, on our DHS day we got two sets of FP using our two sets of KTTW cards, and had one set of FP+ using our magic bands. Not a word was said by any CMs when we used paper FP. We also used them at MK with no issues.
We were able to get paper FP's with our cards but the someone above was asking if you could use the KTTW cards for FP+, just like the bands. I did not do this nor did I ever see anyone else do it. The CM's always seemed to be looking for the bands. However, I am not certain it wouldn't work.

2014 November - ?
Old 09-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #2722
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post
We were able to get paper FP's with our cards but the someone above was asking if you could use the KTTW cards for FP+, just like the bands. I did not do this nor did I ever see anyone else do it. The CM's always seemed to be looking for the bands. However, I am not certain it wouldn't work.
Ah, okay. That's for the clarification. We did not do that either, and didn't see anyone else doing it.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:58 AM   #2723
Qmom
Mistress of All Evil

I see comments about getting one set of fp+ using their MB. I've only been here 2 days, so still getting the hang of them. Yesterday I found thatmy MDE app was still showing my used FP+. I was able to modify them by changing the time first, then changing the experience. Worked like a charm until I picked a 9-10 time slot, then it wouldn't let me go back. Not sure of that was just bc all FP+ slots were taken. Park wasn't busy, so no trouble anyway.

Contemporary Sept 2009 • Contemporary Nov 2010 • AKL Sept 2011 • Contemporary Sept 2012 • AoA Sept 2013 • The Cabins Oct 2014
Qmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: