Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #2566
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdarroch View Post
I'm not sure if they're in this thred or another one, but I know I have seen 3 separate people post about making ghost ressies and cancelling once they got their bands, and everything worked out fine.

One was from someone who is currently there and the other 2 were from people who had just returned and said they had no issues with the MB's and were even able to use them as room keys for the Contemporary and Y & B resorts.
But those hotel's have been in the test program so of course they would work there.

Laura
***Aug. 29 - Sept. 2, 2014 Port Orleans French Quarters***Sept. 12 - 21, 2014 Contemporary Club Level***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
snausman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #2567
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post

But those hotel's have been in the test program so of course they would work there.

Laura
Say a thread that said it also worked at SSR that's not a test resort. Worse comes to worse it just won't open that hotel door.
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #2568
Craigdarroch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post

Laura
Really not sure then, as I don't know why they would book a ghost if they were already getting the MB's, but I know people have posted about being at WDW and being able to use the MB's at a non-test resort.
I'll just say that I know of someone personally (at OKW right now) who booked a ghost ressie and cancelled it and their MB's are working for them... not sure if the OKW was brought into the test program or not
Craigdarroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #2569
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:

Really not sure then, as I don't know why they would book a ghost if they were already getting the MB's, but I know people have posted about being at WDW and being able to use the MB's at a non-test resort.
I'll just say that I know of someone personally (at OKW right now) who booked a ghost ressie and cancelled it and their MB's are working for them... not sure if the OKW was brought into the test program or not
OKW is not a MB test resort.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #2570
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:

Their FP+ worked fine also?
Old 09-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #2571
Craigdarroch
Mouseketeer

Yes... they haven't had any problems with FP+ or dining ressies, etc.
As I've said before, I'm just going on what others have said as personally, I'm not in favour of this sneaky way of getting MB's and find the whole process a little off-putting.
Craigdarroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #2572
jweber23
Earning My Ears

So I heard the story book princess meet and greet is opening mid sept. here's hoping they have fastpass + for it!!! Fingers crossed!
jweber23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #2573
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Staying at BWV - no FP+ for us!

Oh well, we'll get the last hurrah of regular fastpass I suppose.
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #2574
MightyGitis
Jedi

Remember me? Booked one day room only at Pop. Didn't check in. Didn't cancel. Got bands in mail. Booked FP+. Arrived today at Wilderness Lodge today which is not a testing hotel. Lady at the desk tested them. They opened the WL room on first try. Will test FP+ later tonight.

And they unlocked a Dragon in Disney Infinity too. Best $135 I ever spent.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #2575
DisneyBryanS
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyGitis View Post
Remember me? Booked one day room only at Pop. Didn't check in. Didn't cancel. Got bands in mail. Booked FP+. Arrived today at Wilderness Lodge today which is not a testing hotel. Lady at the desk tested them. They opened the WL room on first try. Will test FP+ later tonight.

Did you bring up the bands or did the lady at the desk question you about them? Was she nice about it? How did she "test" it?
DisneyBryanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #2576
Mom2Stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:

It unlocked something in Infinity for us, but I'm not sure what it was, I thought it was suppose to be a whole new toy box board or something.

Anyways, glad to hear it worked for you, hope you have a very magical vacation

2001 ASMo, 2002 POR, 2003-2008 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Poly, 2011 CSR, 2012 CSR,2013 CSR
Mom2Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #2577
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yep, I remember you! Glad it's worked out for you. I know you really wanted to experience the MB but was at WL. Have a great vacation! Report back after your trip how you liked everything!

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #2578
jess1662
Mouseketeer

Just in case anyone is wondering, we did a ghost reservation, got the magic bands, scheduled FP+, and then cancelled the ghost reservation. We checked in today at WL (a non-testing resort), and everything has worked great so far! We used the magic bands for the Magical Express, to open our room at WL, to get into DHS, and to use a FP+. The only problem we've had so far is with dining. It had us enter a PIN, and I entered the one I (THINK) I set up, but it said the PIN was invalid. But they said guest relations could fix that for us. So overall, it's worked perfectly -- aside from the obvious questionable ethics
jess1662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #2579
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1662 View Post
Just in case anyone is wondering, we did a ghost reservation, got the magic bands, scheduled FP+, and then cancelled the ghost reservation. We checked in today at WL (a non-testing resort), and everything has worked great so far! We used the magic bands for the Magical Express, to open our room at WL, to get into DHS, and to use a FP+. The only problem we've had so far is with dining. It had us enter a PIN, and I entered the one I (THINK) I set up, but it said the PIN was invalid. But they said guest relations could fix that for us. So overall, it's worked perfectly -- aside from the obvious questionable ethics
Ha ha! Thanks for reporting back, as I know a LOT of people were wondering about if it would work!
jpessa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #2580
Mkat35
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1662
Great news. I am glad to see it working as I plan to cancel our ghost reservation later today. Thanks for updating!

The only people I have seen question the "ethics" of this are those that have been asked to test MB because they happened to have a reservation at a test resort. I am not sure why they are so concerned.
Mkat35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: