Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2013, 06:52 AM   #2521
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcoconut2906 View Post
Yea , I just wanted to make sure I could have there bands ready so we all wouldn't have to wait around while that's getting done
You don't do anything to activate bands or FP. It just is active. Once they ship they work. The front desk has nothing to do with the customized bands.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:12 AM   #2522
wtrowbridge
Mouseketeer

If we are opting to check in at the desk at our resort, do they basically activate them? I have a feeling we are getting them there anyway because we just got the notice yesterday which is under the 10 day before check in period so i assume when we check in they will give them to us and we will be good to go?
April 2000
September 2000 - MISS AMERICA TRIP (Miss Kentucky 2000)
May 2007 - (DH - First Trip)
June 2009 - (DS1 - First Trip)
October 2011, ASMovies
September 2013, Polynesian (DS2 - First Trip)

DLR:
May 1992
April 2003
wtrowbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #2523
DrivnMeUpTheWall-E
Earning My Gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I read in a different thread that someone with a split stay (with the testing resort 2nd) was able to go to Guest Relations each day in the park they were visiting and book FP+. Your MB should be good to go with regards to park entry, since your tickets are already linked. You can't do any charging though, until you check into your testing resort.

Thanks for the reply. We really care more about being able to charge on the bands, than FP+. On MDE, our bands actually aren't even attached to our bigger POFQ stay because our AoA stay on our last night does not have park tickets attached - we were planning on just resort hopping the last night.

I will call Disney this week and let the board know what they tell me - seems silly they would send me something so convenient for Disney to make more money and let me charge faster, but I can't use it until my last day.

DrivnMeUpTheWall-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #2524
lilcoconut2906
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much yall
Old 08-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #2525
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart-mom View Post
Nope. I am checking into the Poly tomorrow with a package that starts 9/2. The mb starts 9/3. One lousy day and they won't budge.
We are at POR 9/2 are are in the same boat-we will be one of the few at our resort without a MB
Old 08-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #2526
MDsMomma
Mouseketeer

I did online checkin and from what I've read some people say everything isn't active until I go to the resort in basically check in for online check in.. others seems to think everything is active. My concern is the dining plan. We are checking out of the 1st resort, non testing and going to MK.

Do I have to go to AOA or will my band be active to get lunch at quick service in MK on the dining plan? Would be so much easier just to go back to AOA in the afternoon for check in, but we need our dining.
Sept 2013 AKL - Kidani & AOA April 2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
MDsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #2527
MouseTrip07
Mouseketeer

Hello all! I have been following this thread for awhile & I'm sure this question has been answered, but I'm not able to find it.

We have a 1 night RO at Pop on 9/6 and received our Magic Bands a couple weeks ago. On 9/7, we check into POFQ for our package. All of our reservations, ADRs, & FP+ are linked on MDE. Will we be able to open our room door & charge with our Magic Bands once we check into POFQ?

It just occurred to me today that the room key & charging privileges may end when we arrive at POFQ, as it is not a test resort.

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #2528
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseTrip07 View Post
Hello all! I have been following this thread for awhile & I'm sure this question has been answered, but I'm not able to find it.

We have a 1 night RO at Pop on 9/6 and received our Magic Bands a couple weeks ago. On 9/7, we check into POFQ for our package. All of our reservations, ADRs, & FP+ are linked on MDE. Will we be able to open our room door & charge with our Magic Bands once we check into POFQ?

It just occurred to me today that the room key & charging privileges may end when we arrive at POFQ, as it is not a test resort.

Thanks for your help.
From what I understand, the room will not unlock at POFQ but you will still be able to make charges because a credit card is linked to the Magic Band when you check in at POP.

Maybe that is just old information or just misinformation entirely. We're doing a split stay as well (BCV --> BWV) but not until later in Sept. I'll be checking back to see how other split stays between testing resorts and non-testing resorts work out.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:14 PM   #2529
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
From what I understand, the room will not unlock at POFQ but you will still be able to make charges because a credit card is linked to the Magic Band when you check in at POP.

Maybe that is just old information or just misinformation entirely. We're doing a split stay as well (BCV --> BWV) but not until later in Sept. I'll be checking back to see how other split stays between testing resorts and non-testing resorts work out.
Someone else just did a split stay pop/SSR and their bands worked perfectly at SSR including as a room key.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #2530
thummyt
Earning My Ears

Magic Bands

I was finally able to customize and order my magic bands for our check-in at Pop! 23 days and counting!
thummyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:07 PM   #2531
DJBass
Mouseketeer

Is BCV part of a sept magic band/FP+ test? We go in 24 days and I only started linking ADRs on MDE 2 weeks ago. I can't link my park tickets because I bought them through CAA here in Ottawa/Canada and it appears that MDE does not recognize the ticket type. MDE is prompting me to make FP+ reservations though (?)
DJBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:39 AM   #2532
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBass View Post
Is BCV part of a sept magic band/FP+ test? We go in 24 days and I only started linking ADRs on MDE 2 weeks ago. I can't link my park tickets because I bought them through CAA here in Ottawa/Canada and it appears that MDE does not recognize the ticket type. MDE is prompting me to make FP+ reservations though (?)
I'm staying at BCV at the end of Sept. and got an invite. You have to link tickets to your Magic Band in order to be able to make FP+ reservations. Prior to getting the invite, I couldn't link my PAP vouchers to my reservation in MDE. After I got the invite, I tried again and was able to do it through the phone app. The phone app has a scanner that you can use to scan the bar code of the ticket. It actually worked pretty good.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #2533
CheetoGuido
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyWisher View Post
Us too/. We customize bands on 8/15, get bands on 8/19 and got "official letter" 8/27.
Us too, very similar dates for our trip as well, BUT today we received a shipping notice with a shipping number. When we checked on UPS we can track a shipment that is headed our way; with a 9/3 delivery date. Is it possible we will have 2 sets of magic bands?
Old 09-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #2534
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

I was totally ready to lay back and let everybody else get the kinks out of the system and then...the invitation to participate arrived.

So now I guess I'd better start reading the 9000 posts about this thing before heading home next month
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #2535
jess1662
Mouseketeer

Now that September has started, I'm anxiously awaiting a trip report from anyone that did a ghost RO and cancelled it -- dying to know if this worked!

(I did see in another post that someone who did a ghost RO and paid for it met with complete success! The Magic Band worked for the Magical Express, opened their door at a non-testing resort, worked for park entry and FP+)
jess1662 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: