Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #2506
jrasmom
DIS Veteran

Are we the ONLY ones who haven't gotten MB or the invitation?
We check into ASMovies on the 15th

Our travel agent had sent an email the other day to try it, but it's not working on MDE. Friends who also used her, also got the same email, are traveling in October and they got theirs.
AsMo Sept. 2013

(Me) (DH) (ds 16), (dd 13), (ds 9)
jrasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #2507
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrasmom

Our travel agent had sent an email the other day to try it, but it's not working on MDE. Friends who also used her, also got the same email, are traveling in October and they got theirs.
Your resort is not part of the September test.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #2508
DrivnMeUpTheWall-E
Earning My Gears

Has anyone heard an update about those of us with split stays? I was able to get Magicbands bc we are staying at AoA near the end of our trip, but I want my band to be active during the first part of my stay (at POFQ, not a test resort) - it would be much more convenient to have my tickets and credit card on my band for my entire trip.

Anyone know what Disney is doing in these situations? I am probably going to call Disney and ask to speak with a manager about it in the next few weeks.

DrivnMeUpTheWall-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #2509
cart-mom
Busy Scout Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrasmom

Nope. I am checking into the Poly tomorrow with a package that starts 9/2. The mb starts 9/3. One lousy day and they won't budge.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #2510
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart-mom View Post

Nope. I am checking into the Poly tomorrow with a package that starts 9/2. The mb starts 9/3. One lousy day and they won't budge.
Why not split your stay? First day room only then next day your package.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #2511
MDsMomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivnMeUpTheWall-E View Post
Has anyone heard an update about those of us with split stays? I was able to get Magicbands bc we are staying at AoA near the end of our trip, but I want my band to be active during the first part of my stay (at POFQ, not a test resort) - it would be much more convenient to have my tickets and credit card on my band for my entire trip.

Anyone know what Disney is doing in these situations? I am probably going to call Disney and ask to speak with a manager about it in the next few weeks.
I want to know this too. I mean it lets me schedule and make FP+ beyond check out why can't it allow me before check in for my split stay. We have 5 nights at a non testing resort and only 2 at a testing resort. Would love to use it all week.

I guess that's where the ghost reservations come in. I'd like to see if those who canceled their one night for pre check in has any trouble using the bands.
Sept 2013 AKL - Kidani & AOA April 2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
MDsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #2512
cart-mom
Busy Scout Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411

Why not split your stay? First day room only then next day your package.
Already doing split stay. Room only Sat/Sun checking in again Monday for the package. Really don't want to lose another day of dining. Well see if they van do anything for me when I get there. Have had loads of problems with my reservations this trip. Not feeling the Disney magic yet. Hoping for a little pixie dust but won't hold my breath or throw a tantrum.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:45 AM   #2513
lilcoconut2906
Earning My Ears

How are the magic bands activated , I Will have everyone's bands with me and two of the people wont get there the same time as us
Old 08-31-2013, 12:46 AM   #2514
lilcoconut2906
Earning My Ears

Also can there bands get activated when we gets ours done even thoigh they aren't there yet?
Old 08-31-2013, 12:58 AM   #2515
DrivnMeUpTheWall-E
Earning My Gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcoconut2906 View Post
Also can there bands get activated when we gets ours done even thoigh they aren't there yet?
I doubt it. The bands are like tickets - they wouldn't allow you to give a ticket to the front gates with no person attached.

DrivnMeUpTheWall-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:26 AM   #2516
lilcoconut2906
Earning My Ears

We are ab le to pick up our other partys park tickets but I want there bands to be activated and ready for when they get there , I'm just wondering how they are activated when we check in is it at the front desk or like I read scanning it on your door
Old 08-31-2013, 01:46 AM   #2517
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are ab le to pick up our other partys park tickets but I want there bands to be activated and ready for when they get there , I'm just wondering how they are activated when we check in is it at the front desk or like I read scanning it on your door
I don't think the bands should need any activating at all for park entry, since they're really just identifying your account to the RFID readers.

Some of the other features (like charging to your room) might not be available until check in (or at least online check in), but it makes no sense to me why you'd have to use the band to unlock your door once before it would be active. That sounds silly to me.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:53 AM   #2518
lilcoconut2906
Earning My Ears

Yea , I just wanted to make sure I could have there bands ready so we all wouldn't have to wait around while that's getting done
Old 08-31-2013, 06:08 AM   #2519
Jditmer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Your bands are activated when they ship. You actually have to go under Manage MagicBands on MDE to deactivate them. If you do online check in, on the day of check in your band goes live, tickets, dining, and room key. So once you stop by the online check in desk everyone in your party will be good to go.
Jditmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:32 AM   #2520
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivnMeUpTheWall-E View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDsMomma View Post
I want to know this too. I mean it lets me schedule and make FP+ beyond check out why can't it allow me before check in for my split stay. We have 5 nights at a non testing resort and only 2 at a testing resort. Would love to use it all week.

I guess that's where the ghost reservations come in. I'd like to see if those who canceled their one night for pre check in has any trouble using the bands.
I read in a different thread that someone with a split stay (with the testing resort 2nd) was able to go to Guest Relations each day in the park they were visiting and book FP+. Your MB should be good to go with regards to park entry, since your tickets are already linked. You can't do any charging though, until you check into your testing resort.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: