Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #2461
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,776

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherFigment View Post
Magic bands delivered at 10:22a yesterday, received the email stating they shipped at 3:45p yesterday and just received the email requesting our participation now! At least I knew what to expect from reading these boards!
Mine were delivered yesterday morning, no notice or anything. Happy to have them, though. Today I got an email from WDW with the happy news that my magicbands have been shipped!
__________________




TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #2462
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!
 
focusondisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sabre Land
Posts: 6,112

Let's see--- got our bands about 2 weeks ago; made all my FP+ plans last week. Got my "official" invitations letter by UPS overnight delivery about an hour ago!
__________________
Sparklie Boo Boo Tour 2012] TagGate 2011 Honoring The Tag Fairy Because she's Snarking Hilarious!
__________________
focusondisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #2463
Jditmer
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 32

Yep, had the MagicBands over a week and got official email invite today. I'm glad I got all my stuff taken care of before everyone on my arrival date starts bombarding the system.
Jditmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #2464
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,776

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Let's see--- got our bands about 2 weeks ago; made all my FP+ plans last week. Got my "official" invitations letter by UPS overnight delivery about an hour ago!
Noticed your ticker, Happy 35th!! Your split between Regatta Club and RPC sounds heavenly! Enjoy!
__________________




TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #2465
DT83097
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 687

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney
Let's see--- got our bands about 2 weeks ago; made all my FP+ plans last week. Got my "official" invitations letter by UPS overnight delivery about an hour ago!
Lol - got our official invite letter today too (17 days out).....have had our bands for 2 wks
__________________
-Tammy
DH Me DS DD

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
DT83097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #2466
Barbara C
Mouseketeer
 
Barbara C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Let's see--- got our bands about 2 weeks ago; made all my FP+ plans last week. Got my "official" invitations letter by UPS overnight delivery about an hour ago!

Same here - except instead of an overnight letter, I received an e-mail. Too funny.
__________________
dh me ds (10) dd (10) ds (8)
Barbara C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #2467
fairy oma
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 113

We have had our bands for about a week and we received our email invite this morning!! This is the first trip for me, DH, DD, SIL, and 2 granddaughters...we can hardly wait.
fairy oma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #2468
JacquiBee
Earning My Ears
 
JacquiBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMarv View Post
my notice says they needed a signature in order to drop it off
I guess different areas have different rules??? I rarely have to sign for anything, except Apple products (and those I have shipped to my office).
__________________
JacquiBee




72, 87, 88 Grandma's House
90, 13 Contemporary
91, 93, 95, 01, 04 FW Campsite, 99 FW Cabin
06 POR
JacquiBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #2469
cart-mom
Busy Scout Mom
 
cart-mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Philly
Posts: 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMarv
today marked my 17 days out but i missed the UPS Delivery of the invitation driver left a notice saying they will attempt again tomorrow from 2-5pm. Yet i am at work during those hours
My husband works for UPS and the reason they are probably asking for a signature is that something was stolen from that residence. If a customer claims a package wasn't delivered or they didn't get it and the GPS on the trucks shows the truck stopped when and where it was delivered, that house is now flagged. Every delivery will need a signature. If you want to have them change the delivery address it had to come from Disney. Or you can have them leave it at your local center and pick it up.
__________________

______________________________
cart-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #2470
pinoke
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 198

I am so confused!
We got an email invite today. I customized the bands, but cant add my YES tickets. Also can't do FP+
The date says today ( and this week) and then a "sorry a member of your party has to be staying during the time frame" message.
We leave in 20 days, but have a split stay and I think our middle resort is the only one doing the bands- but I actually don't know that for sure!
What to do??
Also, what do I do to link my resizes? They are all under my DE- all of the info- but I didn't officially link them...Thanks!

Last edited by pinoke; 08-28-2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: forgot something!
pinoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #2471
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyMarv's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Miami,Fl
Posts: 238

got home from work just a minute ago and finally the driver left me the Envelope which led to this email i guess its official now
__________________
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”


DisneyMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #2472
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyMarv's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Miami,Fl
Posts: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart-mom View Post
My husband works for UPS and the reason they are probably asking for a signature is that something was stolen from that residence. If a customer claims a package wasn't delivered or they didn't get it and the GPS on the trucks shows the truck stopped when and where it was delivered, that house is now flagged. Every delivery will need a signature. If you want to have them change the delivery address it had to come from Disney. Or you can have them leave it at your local center and pick it up.
it must of been because i had a problem with a UPS Drive couple months back on my tracking number it had showed he delivered a package to me at 11am which i was clearly home at the time when i called to complain that the package showed as delivered yet it was no where to be found. Long story short the driver got in trouble because i guess he didn't want to make that stop and when he showed up to actually deliver the package he look mad.
__________________
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”


DisneyMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #2473
delmar411
DIS Veteran
 
delmar411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 8,874

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoke View Post
I am so confused!
We got an email invite today. I customized the bands, but cant add my YES tickets. Also can't do FP+
The date says today ( and this week) and then a "sorry a member of your party has to be staying during the time frame" message.
We leave in 20 days, but have a split stay and I think our middle resort is the only one doing the bands- but I actually don't know that for sure!
What to do??
Also, what do I do to link my resizes? They are all under my DE- all of the info- but I didn't officially link them...Thanks!
Well you have to have tickets o do FP+ and right now Yes tickets can't be added so you will have to either call IT and see way they say or try again at check in.
__________________
Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one. ~Abbott Joseph Liebling
The test of democracy is freedom of criticism. ~David Ben-Gurion
If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. ~Noam Chomsky
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #2474
lilcoconut2906
Earning My Ears
 
lilcoconut2906's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 71

How are the magic bands activated do you have to check in to the testing resort to be able to use them.
__________________
lilcoconut2906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #2475
watkinsme
I Won a One More Disney Day Sweepstakes :)
 
watkinsme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SC
Posts: 590

I have spent the last 3 afternoons reading all 165 pages of posts.....

So what I can tell is

1. we are staying at BLT and it is not testing for Sept

2. I could try and book a single night at POR and possibly get the bands and FP+ and if I do it should open up FP + for the days we are at BLT (we are driving down the night before and had planned on staying off site....but I can be persuaded to change it)

3. Since there are 5 of us - our RO reservation will need to have all 5 of us on it (meaning I have to book at POR instead of pop)

4. Does anyone know if it would be possible to use the military discount on the RO reservation... or will I need to make a full price reservation?
__________________
2003 - Contemp, 2004 - Poly, 2009 - CB, 2010 & 2012 POFQ, 2012 - GCH (DL), 2013 -HHI, 2013 - POR/BLT, heading for "Christmas" Nov 2014
Me DH DS DD DD
I won a OMDD trip!
watkinsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: