Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 01:28 AM   #2371
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamyfamily6 View Post
I have not gotten illuminations for Thursday! We will be there on a Thursday eve, and I have tried everything I can think of for illuminations fp+ but am getting no where. I can get it for Friday, but we aren't going to epcot on Friday! Anyone else have any luck?
So far, all parades and shows have mostly been available on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I haven't heard of any being available Monday-Thursday.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #2372
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post
So far, all parades and shows have mostly been available on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I haven't heard of any being available Monday-Thursday.
Could it have to do with crowd issues? As we get to September and crowds drop they may have thought it was not worth reserving an area when there will be low crowds. On the weekends, however, the crowds always increase to some degree. Just guessing as a possible reason. Disney might think that when people go to watch a parade or fireworks show and the crowds are thin they would be mad they wasted a FP+. Not everyone would, but enough to make it not worth placing in the FP+ system.

I also know that some days have special events in the evening so FP+ is not available evenings on those days.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Yellowstonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #2373
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamyfamily6
I have not gotten illuminations for Thursday! We will be there on a Thursday eve, and I have tried everything I can think of for illuminations fp+ but am getting no where. I can get it for Friday, but we aren't going to epcot on Friday! Anyone else have any luck?
I have the same problem! We want to do Epcot on Thursday and its not showing up! I called and they said everything should be loaded by now for my dates but im hoping theyr wrong :-(
Feb 2015 WBC

Me DH DD DS DS

mrsmomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #2374
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post

You go to the Disney site>sign in>place your mouse on My Disney Experience>scroll down to FastPass+. Then you Select the date you want to modify and click NEXT. That will bring you to 4 different options (Replace, Change, Copy & Cancel). Choose CHANGE then click NEXT. Select the FastPass you want to change (just choose one if you are just searching to see if anything new has been added) and click NEXT. The next page gives you 2 options.....either Change the Experience or Change the Time. Choose CHANGE THE EXPERIENCE, and SELECT ALL to highlight all the guest in your party and click NEXT. The next page shows the choices available to you.....if the events or rides you wanted to book are not listed, just click cancel (at the bottom left) and it backs you out of the system and nothing will change on your already booked FP+ choices. Do NOT click on the cancel button on the center of the page, that will cancel your FP+ choices (although it does give you a warning first so you can back out of that as well if you accidentally click it).

Some of the MB users that have already gotten their MBs said they received a shipping notification AFTER their MBs arrived at their house LOL so I'm guessing that system is quite slow to update.
This is good only if the fireworks, parade or whatnot is during the same window as the previous ride selection. You have to move the time to the right block for those things to show up.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #2375
jweber23
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post

I was able to get Main Street electrical parade and wishes for the 23rd which is a Monday.
jweber23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #2376
Patience
DIS Veteran

I was able to get Fantasmic on a Tuesday night and Wishes was available for me on a Monday night but we will be eating in the castle during fireworks.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #2377
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweber23 View Post
I was able to get Main Street electrical parade and wishes for the 23rd which is a Monday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
I was able to get Fantasmic on a Tuesday night and Wishes was available for me on a Monday night but we will be eating in the castle during fireworks.
Very interesting. So far, the only show available beyond September 24th is Illuminations, which (For now) is only available on Fri/Sat/Sun.

I hope the others open up during the week. I wouldn't mind using a FP+ on Wishes and Fantasmic just to save the waiting around.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #2378
brockash
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to add that we were able to get wishes, both paraded at MK, Fantastic! and Illuminations all for weekdays during the first week of Sept. If you're going later in the month, I'd keep checking.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #2379
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

I think I might have put the wrong address for our magic bands? Does anyone know of a phone number I can call and confirm? I'd hate for them to go to our old address and than spend 2 weeks being forwarded.
*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

DH (25) ME (25) Our furbabies Nani Shadow Penny
redheadedmermaid73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #2380
Punzie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
This is good only if the fireworks, parade or whatnot is during the same window as the previous ride selection. You have to move the time to the right block for those things to show up.
No YOu can click to edit all your choices and it will show. Also it won't cancel them unless you confirm the changes.
Punzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #2381
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadedmermaid73 View Post
I think I might have put the wrong address for our magic bands? Does anyone know of a phone number I can call and confirm? I'd hate for them to go to our old address and than spend 2 weeks being forwarded.
Does the address show up on the MDE website? (click on your Magicbands order to see the details) https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/bands-cards/

If not, you can call the Disney tech support number (407) 939-7765
Old 08-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #2382
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

for those who are doing Ghost Ressie i have a question a friend of mines wants to do the same exact thing do a reservation then cancel once she gets her magic bands have you guys/gals had any problem with fp+ being deactivated from your accounts.
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

DisneyMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:49 AM   #2383
wordwitt
Mouseketeer

There are some people who've played around with making and canceling ghost reservations on MDE, but I'm not aware of a single person who's posted that they canceled the reservation after getting the bands and then reported on their experience in the parks. I have a "ghost" reservation that I am paying for and not canceling, and I think that is risky enough because I'm really not sure what's going to happen. But we will go with the flow.
wordwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:59 AM   #2384
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordwitt View Post
There are some people who've played around with making and canceling ghost reservations on MDE, but I'm not aware of a single person who's posted that they canceled the reservation after getting the bands and then reported on their experience in the parks. I have a "ghost" reservation that I am paying for and not canceling, and I think that is risky enough because I'm really not sure what's going to happen. But we will go with the flow.
ok thanks
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

DisneyMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #2385
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

We are doing a split stay during Magic Band testing, but our split has us staying at Bonnet Creek first and then Beach Club Villas second. We'll have the bands already when we arrive, but since we don't check into a testing resort until Sept 25th, I can't make any FP+ reservations for the first part of the week.

My question is, that since my AP are linked, do you think I could go to guest relations in the park and find a MB expert and get them activated early? If I already have the band, and the linked ticket media, I don't see why I couldn't make FP+ reservations.

I do plan on using my MB to enter the parks on the first half of our trip, because it is so much easier than cards. I wonder if FP+ would go live if I just used the MB to enter the park?
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: