Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #2341
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Any tips on getting the 4th FP+ for the magic kingdom to show up?

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #2342
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfish78 View Post
Are they offering the 4th FP+ for Magic Kingdom? I'm only getting three after I hit done. Or are one of my choices the bonus FP+ and I need to change that? LOL
Anyone? You know, because no one has read is in the last hour and a half... Lol I apparently can't wait. Lol
yellowfish78 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #2343
lazer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfish78 View Post

Anyone? You know, because no one has read is in the last hour and a half... Lol I apparently can't wait. Lol
I had to reset mine and then I was given a 4th. Then went in and changed them all around, including the bonus.
lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #2344
jweber23
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman96 View Post
My FP for MSEP says Central Plaza viewing... what area are they referring to? Good spot to stick around for Wishes?
Same here. Is this right in front of the castle?
jweber23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #2345
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer View Post
I had to reset mine and then I was given a 4th. Then went in and changed them all around, including the bonus.
What did you reset them to? I tried changing mine several times and even tried quick picks and could never get a fourth choice?
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club, Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Upcoming Trips: Oct 2015 POFQ

Tarheel girl 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #2346
Mkat35
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedM94 View Post
As I know, I had a ghost RO reservation at POP prior to my stay at Kidani next month. Received our MB's made all of our FP+ selections. Now to test the several theories that are out there. I cancelled my RO at POP this morning. I immediately lost all connectivity to the FP+ options on MDE web site and on my iPhone and IPad apps. However or MB's were still linked to our profiles on MDE web page.

So tonight I re-booked my RO at POP. As soon as I completed the transaction, all FP+ options opened again on the web page and the app. It also gave me the option to order another set of MB's.

So this leads me to believe that the FP+ reservations that I book would still be linked to my MB's even if I had cancelled the RO reservation. Your guess is as good as mine.
Thanks for posting! Hopefully those of us with ghost RO will retain FP+ even if we never check into the test resort. Hopefully we will get the official word on this in early Sept.
Mkat35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #2347
lazer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel girl 1975 View Post

What did you reset them to? I tried changing mine several times and even tried quick picks and could never get a fourth choice?
Quick picks worked for me on one day (it added a 4th) and on the other day I just booked three, went in and changed all three attractions at and it gave me a 4th. Good luck!
lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #2348
Punzie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
So 2 parents that want to ride and 1 child that won't?

The usual method would be to get a child swap pass and then 1 parent can go using FP(or FP+) and the other parent could ride using the swap pass. I think even of this is not how they would want you to do it in the future, for this testing time they will likely say ok for now, but next time do xyz.
I schedule my husband and oldest for space while I got a fp+ for me and my two other younger too short to ride space daughters on buzz at the same exact time.
Punzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #2349
Punzie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara C View Post
Thanks for posting this. Today I was able to get a FP+ for Wishes for 9/15
Man I got msep on 9/9 I think but can't find wishes during our stay :/ is it stil weekend only? I don't love entirely msep so I don't care where we sit but I'd love a great wishes spot
Old 08-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #2350
Punzie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweber23 View Post
Same here. Is this right in front of the castle?
Hmm good thinking! I was ntf even thinking of sticking around here for wishes. Wishes isn't popping up for me for a fp+ option so this may work. Send dh for food and let the kids play with light up toys while we wait...
Old 08-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #2351
thorphin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
Any tips on getting the 4th FP+ for the magic kingdom to show up?
The bonus fastpass+ in Magic Kingdom is only offered on certain days. I'm seeing it 9/22-9/24 but not 9/25-9/30.

On 9/22-9/24 it has been given every single time I've gone in to make new picks.

If you only have three and want a fourth, you should be able to create a brand new set of selections from scratch and the bonus should be given.

At least, this has been my experience.

'83, '84: Fort Wilderness...'84: Golf Resort
'88, '93: Disney Inn..........'95, '98: Off Property
'00: Dixie Landings...........'02: PO Riverside
'05: Beach Club Villas.......'09, '10 PO Riverside
09/2013: Poly!
thorphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #2352
wdwislife
DIS Veteran

For all wondering, the resorts involved with the September test are the Polynesian, Beach Club (including villas), Art of Animation, AKL Jambo House villas (NOT Kidani) and Port Orleans Riverside, as well as all of the current resorts. (Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo house, Contemporary, Yacht Club and Pop)

WDW TRIPS Feb 2000: offsite | Feb 2002: offsite/yacht club | Feb 2004: offsite | Feb 2006: offsite | Feb 2008: offsite/boardwalk | Feb 2010: Contemporary/offsite | Dec 2010: SUPRISE TRIP at the POP! | Feb 2012: offsite/all-star movies | May 2013: POFQ | Aug 2013: AKL | Sept 2013: FW Cabins | Nov 2013: YC | Dec 2013: CBR | March 2014: Offsite | August 2014: POP/Cabana Bay | DL TRIPS Aug 2008: offsite | July 2009: offsite | Aug 2011: offsite | DCL TRIPS Aug 2012: 4 Day Canada/NE, Disney Magic | DLP TRIPS Dec 2012: Sequoia Lodge |
wdwislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:21 AM   #2353
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Ok, excuse my inexperience, but just started the FP+ selections last night and the button choices are crazy. How do you go back and check later for Wishes, Parade etc after you have already made your FP+ selections? Do you have to lose all of what you've already picked and start over just to check? Could someone walk me through it? Thanks!

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:31 AM   #2354
JPorter044
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara C View Post
Thanks for posting this. Today I was able to get a FP+ for Wishes for 9/15
We have it for the same date and time. See ya there.
JPorter044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #2355
RedM94
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedM94 View Post
As I know, I had a ghost RO reservation at POP prior to my stay at Kidani next month. Received our MB's made all of our FP+ selections. Now to test the several theories that are out there. I cancelled my RO at POP this morning. I immediately lost all connectivity to the FP+ options on MDE web site and on my iPhone and IPad apps. However or MB's were still linked to our profiles on MDE web page.

So tonight I re-booked my RO at POP. As soon as I completed the transaction, all FP+ options opened again on the web page and the app. It also gave me the option to order another set of MB's.

So this leads me to believe that the FP+ reservations that I book would still be linked to my MB's even if I had cancelled the RO reservation. Your guess is as good as mine.
Ghost Reservation Update!!!

The plot thickens!! Being the tech geek that I am, I was puzzled as to how my FP+ access and reservations could vanish when I cancelled my RO ghost reservation and then all of my times and access re-appear when I re-booked my ghost reservation. If everything was deleted when I cancelled, how did it re-appear when I re-booked?

My curiosity got the best of me, so I once again cancelled my ghost reservation. And once again my access and FP+ reservations disappeared. When I logged into MDE clicked on my reservations nothing showed up. When I click on "FastPass+" I get the tired old "Are you ready for the magic" window.

Now here is where it gets interesting. Our Magic Bands are still linked to our account and AP's. Also when I click on "My Itinerary" and select a day from my reservation, all of my FP+ reservations are listed. When I click on any of them, the little window pops up showing all three of us still linked to the fast pass. I can click "Modify FastPass+" in the lower corner and I can still change experiences and times of the FP's if I want.

The only caveat is that Tuesday was our water park day so I did not have any FP+ reservations scheduled for that day. I have not found a way to schedule new experiences for that day, but I am still working on that. I am sure there is a way.

It looks like it just may work!!
RedM94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: