Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #2296
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefacekillah View Post
Awesome!! That's the day I got too!!
We'll see you there. Ill just keep asking people if they are mousefacekillah until I find you, lol!! Can you imagine the looks I would get?!? Haha!
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Mommy2Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #2297
southern_belle21
Always dreaming of Disney

Warning: Vent and Villians!

Okay, so we're away from Disney for 2 YEARS and the WHOLE WORLD CHANGES!!! As of right now I'm officially freaked out...our Disney trip is 16 days away...we're doing a split stay (as we did 2 years ago with same resorts) between AKV and BLT, I checked us in online and ordered our park tickets and opted for the will call since we're in the middle of moving. So, I think I've finally figured out that we will not be able to participate in having Magic Bands, or FP+ because we're staying at Kidani (not Jambo House as far as I know) and thus, we will have regular Key to the World cards, and have to get our FPs the old fashioned way (get up early and be at park opening to get what we want, and only one at a time and such) so NOW I'm thinking, "well are we going to even be ABLE to get the FPs we want for what we want since FP+ allows everyone to secure times before they leave??? What's all this "reserved my FP time for Wishes, and Fantasmic!" ??? Yes, I AM freaking out (just a little bit!) ...Wait, did I mention that we are moving in with my MIL for 3 weeks before we're able to close on our new house!? We'll be leaving and coming home to HER HOUSE and not our own! This is making me crazy and confused and happy and sad all at once! Right now, as a matter of fact, I should be packing up our house, and instead, I'm on here freaking out and reading about Magic Bands and FP+ and Rapid Fill Mugs, and We're still able to purchase our DDP when we arrive right?!?! Or should we buy that before we leave too? AHHHHH!

One thing that I recently found out is that we WILL be there for the Villains Party on Friday 13th (our last night there!) and DH is saying that it's going to be insanely crazy crowded, but I STILL want to go for a bit! I want to see what special merchandise and goodies they'll have and Villains Fireworks! Can someone please tell me something that will make me feel better about not being able to use FP+ and have Magic Bands? Okay, sorry guys for the rant!

LOVE MNSSHP!

All those trips to Disneyland with mom and Mimi, I miss you both
southern_belle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #2298
Hayes76
Earning My Ears

Me too

We're staying at ASMo Sept 13-20 & have been checking daily as well. Although I'm a little worried. My profile is all messed up & isn't showing any of my info anymore. Very thankful I still write all my conf#'s down.
Hayes76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #2299
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa

You could switch. Lots of people have done that. Or booked a ghost reservation for one night at POP for the night before they arrive, eating the cost of one night for the opportunity to be part of the test.
I'm really confused. Why would people pay for one night at a different resort, if they won't even be there, just to be part of the testing?? Seems like a waste of money to me. We are part of the testing but I could really take it or leave not. It's not going to make or break my WDW experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1
Been trying to swap to an August testing resort. We arrive next Friday. Currently booked at pofq with free dining. Don't want to stay at pop- cant afford yc- contemporary only has tower theme park view left so that's not affordable. Any other options?
Those are probably your only choices. Either stay at Pop or stay at YC or CR. Have you checked all the other resorts? I thought someone had said CBR was part of the August testing, or maybe it's September? Otherwise, I would just stay with POFQ. I don't think you're missing a whole lot with the testing. Another thought is, simce you're arriving August 30th, would you be able to arrive September 1st and maybe a resort doing the testing would work for you?

To me, getting a good deal and staying where I wanted to stay would be more important than being part of the magic band testing.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #2300
lazer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_belle21 View Post
Okay, so we're away from Disney for 2 YEARS and the WHOLE WORLD CHANGES!!! As of right now I'm officially freaked out...our Disney trip is 16 days away...we're doing a split stay (as we did 2 years ago with same resorts) between AKV and BLT, I checked us in online and ordered our park tickets and opted for the will call since we're in the middle of moving. So, I think I've finally figured out that we will not be able to participate in having Magic Bands, or FP+ because we're staying at Kidani (not Jambo House as far as I know) and thus, we will have regular Key to the World cards, and have to get our FPs the old fashioned way (get up early and be at park opening to get what we want, and only one at a time and such) so NOW I'm thinking, "well are we going to even be ABLE to get the FPs we want for what we want since FP+ allows everyone to secure times before they leave??? What's all this "reserved my FP time for Wishes, and Fantasmic!" ??? Yes, I AM freaking out (just a little bit!) ...Wait, did I mention that we are moving in with my MIL for 3 weeks before we're able to close on our new house!? We'll be leaving and coming home to HER HOUSE and not our own! This is making me crazy and confused and happy and sad all at once! Right now, as a matter of fact, I should be packing up our house, and instead, I'm on here freaking out and reading about Magic Bands and FP+ and Rapid Fill Mugs, and We're still able to purchase our DDP when we arrive right?!?! Or should we buy that before we leave too? AHHHHH!

One thing that I recently found out is that we WILL be there for the Villains Party on Friday 13th (our last night there!) and DH is saying that it's going to be insanely crazy crowded, but I STILL want to go for a bit! I want to see what special merchandise and goodies they'll have and Villains Fireworks! Can someone please tell me something that will make me feel better about not being able to use FP+ and have Magic Bands? Okay, sorry guys for the rant!
Just remember, you're all ready going during a low crowd time of year. It'll all be fine! Bottom line...you'll be at DISNEY!! And, most reports are saying fp+ isn't affecting non fp+ people much. That night change as more people are added to the test, but you can't not have a good time at the happiest place on earth!!
lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #2301
lazer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post

I'm really confused. Why would people pay for one night at a different resort, if they won't even be there, just to be part of the testing?? Seems like a waste of money to me. We are part of the testing but I could really take it or leave not. It's not going to make or break my WDW experience.

Those are probably your only choices. Either stay at Pop or stay at YC or CR. Have you checked all the other resorts? I thought someone had said CBR was part of the August testing, or maybe it's September? Otherwise, I would just stay with POFQ. I don't think you're missing a whole lot with the testing. Another thought is, simce you're arriving August 30th, would you be able to arrive September 1st and maybe a resort doing the testing would work for you?

To me, getting a good deal and staying where I wanted to stay would be more important than being part of the magic band testing.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
What about POR? POFQ isn't testing, but POR is. Never mind, didn't realize you meant August! I don't know how to delete this, so I just edited it.
lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #2302
mcgraws
Mouseketeer

please help me decide

I am currently booked at POFQ for September, just called Disney and POR is available with the same room category so no additionals charges for my stay. I called back to book and the agent said that there was no guarantee that I would be invited to participate in the FP+ test even if I switch. Now I have been reading on here that people have switched to POR and as soon as they did that they could see the magic band order form and FP+ on their MDE immediately. Has anyone not had this experience?

I really like POFQ for the size of the resort, I would hate to switch to POR and not be able to participate, please help me make an informed decision.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #2303
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

The IT department was finally able to link my premier passes to my account. I have been making FP this morning, and I have to say this is pretty cool. We hardly ever use FP because arrive at rope drop. I'm really looking forward to sleeping in a little latter this trip. No more running with the bulls to get a toy story fast pass.

Ofinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #2304
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_belle21 View Post

Even with the "larger" testing of FP+, it's still a small number of overall guests. I don't expect it to impact you much, if at all.

Just think of this trip as like an other you've done. Have a great stay!!

Dan
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #2305
mousefacekillah
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Corinne View Post
We'll see you there. Ill just keep asking people if they are mousefacekillah until I find you, lol!! Can you imagine the looks I would get?!? Haha!
Bwahaha, right?!!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #2306
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgraws View Post
I am currently booked at POFQ for September, just called Disney and POR is available with the same room category so no additionals charges for my stay. I called back to book and the agent said that there was no guarantee that I would be invited to participate in the FP+ test even if I switch. Now I have been reading on here that people have switched to POR and as soon as they did that they could see the magic band order form and FP+ on their MDE immediately. Has anyone not had this experience?

I really like POFQ for the size of the resort, I would hate to switch to POR and not be able to participate, please help me make an informed decision.

Thanks!
I would take the advice off these boards, and not the CM's. The CM's are wrong more than they are right. A few days ago a CM told me testing for September had not begun yet. I would call the IT dept and ask them. They seem to be the ones that have a handle on what is going on. I have talked to them many times trying to link my passes. My understanding is that if you are staying at a test resort you get FP+.

Ofinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #2307
Chela227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1
Been trying to swap to an August testing resort. We arrive next Friday. Currently booked at pofq with free dining. Don't want to stay at pop- cant afford yc- contemporary only has tower theme park view left so that's not affordable. Any other options?
I thought it was going to roll out in PO, or maybe its not till Sept? Book a one night res at Pop before your stay. A "ghost" reservation.
Chela227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #2308
thorphin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefacekillah View Post
Just a little FYI for my fellow Fastpass+ testers.. I was able to book WISHES and MSEP today on MDE. I booked them for 9/16. You might wanna check your selections and see if they are available for you too
Thanks much for the heads up! Posts like this are why I stick it out and read the same questions over and over again.

Watching this so closely over the past two weeks, it really makes me wonder if this rollout of FP+ selections (by park, by experience, by day, by experience type) is going to be the rule, or if it's just wonky because we're still in a testing phase. If this is how FP+ functions, it's going to drive people nuts unless things are fully available when the 60 day out mark comes.

'83, '84: Fort Wilderness...'84: Golf Resort
'88, '93: Disney Inn..........'95, '98: Off Property
'00: Dixie Landings...........'02: PO Riverside
'05: Beach Club Villas.......'09, '10 PO Riverside
09/2013: Poly!
thorphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #2309
Bellestreak
Mouseketeer

It seems like the people who are suddenly having Wishes or MSEP open up for them on FP+ are getting Mondays. I think they were previously weekend only?
I checked mine and Sept 9 (a monday) is open for me, but Sept 12 (a thursday) isn't. It's frustrating because Sept 12 is the only day I can make work. We will get seats for the parade the normal way, but it would have been cool to try this with FP+.
I will keep checking though.
Bellestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #2310
hamyfamily6
Earning My Ears

We rec'd testing invite yesterday

and I activated it today. Now I am spending all my time trying to set up our fast pass +'s. If your trip is in September, Magic Mountain will be closed some of the days, this test only just showed me that!! Anyway, we are at POR Sept 8-14. CANT WAIT!!!
hamyfamily6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: