Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #196
pixiedaisy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
In one of the other MagicBand threads there was a post about a Disney Travel agent recieving MagicBands for their clients arriving in Sept and the resorts were: Pop, Wilderness, Contemporary, CBR and CSR.

We are staying at CSR in Sept and would love to be part of the testing as well!

In fact, today when I clicked on FastPass+ from the My Disney Experience dropdown it forwarded me to the Select a Day page!! The dates displayed were Aug 10th - 14th and then a pop up appeared stating "The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window."

I am really crossing my fingers that this means my family has been selected!!
I just tried this and got the same thing. Hmmm, I wonder if it means anything or if everyone gets this page.

1984-Buena Vista Palace, 1985-88 Polynesian, 1989-1995- Grand Floridian, 1996-Beach Club, 1997-98- Grand Floridian, 2006- Grand Floridian, 2008-POP,2009-2011- GF,2012- Back to the Poly!, Jan.2013- Surprise long weekend off property , Sep.2013- Beach Club, February 2014-Polynesian!
pixiedaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #197
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyGitis View Post
This claim has seemed to be bogus. The travel agent even deleted the original post. Because it isn't done by family, but by hotel. And they've been notifying 17 days out for a while. I think the travel agent was trying to get more people to book through them implying they were more likely to be picked if they did.

I could be wrong but it's a gut feeling I've had since I heard about that claim earlier this week.
Ah ok! No problem lol. I do have a contact at CSR who stated she believes there will be more MagicBand testing for Sept, but has no idea if they will test at CSR or not.

Just keeping my fingers crossed
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #198
TinkerBelle_325

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedaisy View Post
I just tried this and got the same thing. Hmmm, I wonder if it means anything or if everyone gets this page.
When are you arriving at WDW? We arrive on the 3rd of Sept. Could this be the beginning of the next testing rollout?
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~
Old 08-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #199
TinkerBelle_325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post
I have been seeing that calendar page for a couple of weeks now. Although, today it is gone. The thing that I noticed for the last few days is that the August dates are on the top row and October on the bottom. No Sept. , but I am not loosing hope!
Weird! I see Aug 10th - 14th only and yes I saw Oct flicker onto the page as well and then disappear.

Plus I couldn't see that page until today.

Let's keep up our wishful thinking until they tell us otherwise
Old 08-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #200
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Well the available dates to book FP+ still end Sept 28th. I can click on dates up to the 9th of Oct but there are no FP+ slots available in any park and I get an error message.

So either they are going to let the testing roll through the 28th and then plan to bring FP+ fully online with the 60day window for those traveling around Tgiving and let the system sit idle for 60days (doesn't seem like they would do that) or they are going to roll it out for an Oct launch and are going to make sure the system opens for everyone at the same time (level playing field).

And the above are both just my opinion and speculation not fact in any way. Other than the last day to use FP+ currently is Sept 28th, that is a fact.

It just doesn't seem like they would test their new toys now and then put them away until the new year when the holidays will really be a true test of system capacity and stabilization.

'
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #201
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

let me ask a question do you think i will be able to use fastpass+ with a event ticket well i have both annual pass and MNSSHP linked to MDE for my September trip. I've been hearing they aren't testing with annual passes yet. ?
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

DisneyMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #202
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMarv View Post
let me ask a question do you think i will be able to use fastpass+ with a event ticket well i have both annual pass and MNSSHP linked to MDE for my September trip. I've been hearing they aren't testing with annual passes yet. ?
I'm not sure about event tickets because I'm not familiar with whether or not FP is up and running during parties. But AP are definitely part of testing. There are lots of AP holders who have, are or will be testing. I'm an AP holder and have been testing since July.(I'm a local). So if you are staying at a hotel that will be part of a test, definitely make sure to get your APs linked up in MDE. if the link tickets one doesn't work, go to your profile and at the bottom should be a link that says something like are you an AP holder? , click that and it will link your APs for you.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #203
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post

I'm not sure about event tickets because I'm not familiar with whether or not FP is up and running during parties. But AP are definitely part of testing. There are lots of AP holders who have, are or will be testing. I'm an AP holder and have been testing since July.(I'm a local). So if you are staying at a hotel that will be part of a test, definitely make sure to get your APs linked up in MDE. if the link tickets one doesn't work, go to your profile and at the bottom should be a link that says something like are you an AP holder? , click that and it will link your APs for you.
No FPs during hard-ticket events, at least to this point.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #204
pixiedaisy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
When are you arriving at WDW? We arrive on the 3rd of Sept. Could this be the beginning of the next testing rollout?
We're arriving Sept. 22. I was getting the August 10-14th dates too.

1984-Buena Vista Palace, 1985-88 Polynesian, 1989-1995- Grand Floridian, 1996-Beach Club, 1997-98- Grand Floridian, 2006- Grand Floridian, 2008-POP,2009-2011- GF,2012- Back to the Poly!, Jan.2013- Surprise long weekend off property , Sep.2013- Beach Club, February 2014-Polynesian!
Old 08-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #205
pixiedaisy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We're arriving Sept. 22. I was getting the August 10-14th dates too.
Annnnd now it's gone. I'm getting an updated looking MDE page though. I'm assuming the other was a glitch.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #206
White Rose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyGitis View Post
We've all heard it different. LOL. I talked to a CM who said that each month DIFFERENT hotels have been doing it and no hotel has repeated. Once all hotels have had a test month they will roll it out. I don't think we really know anything concrete at this point. Next month could be the same hotels as this month plus some. Or all the hotels that tested this month go off of testing and new ones replace them.

I believe AKL and contemporary were used in the past and are still on it...right? POP is new to the test as well as yacht or beach, i forget which is in this round...The idea is to add hotels to increase the load, and the hotels that are picked are picked to give the right testing numbers, that is all.
10/11/15 - 10/16/15 Adult Exclusive ABD Southern California
Past Trips:
2013: Poly, Platinum Plan, 10th Anniversary, Disney Dream
2008: Poly, Platinum Plan 5th anniversary
2003: AKL. Platinum Plan Honeymoon (Grand Marshals: HS Stars and Cars Parade)
1999: POFQ
1992: Swan
1986: CR
1980: Golf Resort / Disney Inn (Now Shades of Green)
White Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #207
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mama3 View Post
We will arrive on September 3 (to the 12th). Staying at Beach Club. Really hoping to try the Magic Bands! Don't really care about the FP+. I'm from Canada, but was able to register with MDE. I check daily for the magic bands, but nothing yet. Fingers crossed!!
Also from Canada and arriving on Sept 2 in POR however I am not able to register with MDE . It won't let me accept the terms at the bottom. I called IT and it is a known issue so I just keep trying. I would really like to test the Magic Bands.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #208
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

thanks and yeah i already have my AP linked to the account so i'm just waiting to see if they announce any testing for Sept.
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

DisneyMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #209
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMarv View Post
thanks and yeah i already have my AP linked to the account so i'm just waiting to see if they announce any testing for Sept.
Every time I try to link mine I get "server busy". The two (out of three that I have) shown on the page have the wrong numbers. Hunkajunk.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #210
TinkerBelle_325

Quote:
Annnnd now it's gone. I'm getting an updated looking MDE page though. I'm assuming the other was a glitch.
I still get the "Select a Day" page

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: