Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #181
MightyGitis
Jedi

I actually read all of this. Phew. It was long. I've been watching social networks for a couple months, so you all really confirmed things I'd been extrapolating from that. Which is that every month DIFFERENT hotels test the bands and it's announced about half a month before the month in question happens. WE're getting closer to that mark so I'm hoping this coming week we will find out what hotels so that we can all stop waiting and hoping. Unless they are releasing the bands to everyone in September, it's safe to assume they won't repeat a hotel. So far I haven't seen my hotel (Wildernes Lodge) get tested.

And now I wait.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #182
amandals2007
DIS Veteran

Has French quarter been picked yet? I don't want it

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
**5 visits off premise Disney World 96-00**Disney Land-01**Off Premise WDW-02**Disney Cruise Summer-03**Off Premise WDW -Summer 04**Friends Time Share WDW-Thanksgiving 05**Port Orleans F.Q. Thanksgiving-06**P.O.F.Q-Aug 07**P.O.F.Q. August 08**DisneyLand-May 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 2010**Disney Land-June 2011**P.O.F.Q.-September 2011**Disney Land-July 2012**P.O.F.Q-December 2012**P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2013**

**Next Trip-P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2014**
amandals2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #183
MightyGitis
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandals2007 View Post

It has not been tested as far as I've found. But you can always say no to testing it and stick with the good old fashioned Key to the Kingdom.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #184
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandals2007 View Post

I'm hoping like crazy French Quarter is picked! You can always opt out of testing. It isn't mandatory. I would like to be a Magic Band guinea pig!
Old 08-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #185
iRy
Mouseketeer

Some of the rumors are pointing towards an expansion of the testing in September with more hotels being added onboard, and that the "testing" will continue until every hotel is added to the system, at which point the system is "rolled out". This is a smart idea. Preserves the momentum of the testing going on so far and eliminates the overload to Disney's servers that would likely accompany bringing every hotel online simultaneously later this year.
iRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #186
Mariannekay
Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRy View Post
Some of the rumors are pointing towards an expansion of the testing in September with more hotels being added onboard, and that the "testing" will continue until every hotel is added to the system, at which point the system is "rolled out". This is a smart idea. Preserves the momentum of the testing going on so far and eliminates the overload to Disney's servers that would likely accompany bringing every hotel online simultaneously later this year.
Really hoping this rumor is true and that CSR is chosen for Sept! I guess if the 17 day out notifications continue, we should know something towards the end of next week for the first of the Sept guests? I'm feeling hopeful!
Old 08-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #187
MightyGitis
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRy View Post
We've all heard it different. LOL. I talked to a CM who said that each month DIFFERENT hotels have been doing it and no hotel has repeated. Once all hotels have had a test month they will roll it out. I don't think we really know anything concrete at this point. Next month could be the same hotels as this month plus some. Or all the hotels that tested this month go off of testing and new ones replace them.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #188
3mama3
Mouseketeer

We will arrive on September 3 (to the 12th). Staying at Beach Club. Really hoping to try the Magic Bands! Don't really care about the FP+. I'm from Canada, but was able to register with MDE. I check daily for the magic bands, but nothing yet. Fingers crossed!!
3mama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #189
iRy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyGitis View Post
We've all heard it different. LOL. I talked to a CM who said that each month DIFFERENT hotels have been doing it and no hotel has repeated. Once all hotels have had a test month they will roll it out. I don't think we really know anything concrete at this point. Next month could be the same hotels as this month plus some. Or all the hotels that tested this month go off of testing and new ones replace them.
It makes you wonder how many of these "rumors" have merit or are simply a byproduct of wishful thinking..

If there is to be a testing phase in September, we should expect to be notified around Thursday of this week for guests checking in on the first (should the same 17-day-out procedures be in place).
2005 - Port Orleans Riverside & Animal Kingdom Lodge
2006 - Yacht Club & Animal Kingdom Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
2012 - Coronado Springs Resort & The Polynesian
2013 - Pop Century Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge
iRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #190
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

I hope so I really want a magic band....and as one of the pps said I don't really car about fastpass + just want a magic band lol
Feb 2015 WBC

Me DH DD DS DS

mrsmomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #191
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmomo View Post
I hope so I really want a magic band....and as one of the pps said I don't really car about fastpass + just want a magic band lol
i am really hoping to get mines as well i am 34 days out staying at CR. One thing that stopped on my MDE is the Pop Out Message saying ready for a new king of magic that has stopped showing up for a week now and just logs in normal with no messages.
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

DisneyMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #192
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariannekay View Post
Really hoping this rumor is true and that CSR is chosen for Sept! I guess if the 17 day out notifications continue, we should know something towards the end of next week for the first of the Sept guests? I'm feeling hopeful!
In one of the other MagicBand threads there was a post about a Disney Travel agent recieving MagicBands for their clients arriving in Sept and the resorts were: Pop, Wilderness, Contemporary, CBR and CSR.

We are staying at CSR in Sept and would love to be part of the testing as well!

In fact, today when I clicked on FastPass+ from the My Disney Experience dropdown it forwarded me to the Select a Day page!! The dates displayed were Aug 10th - 14th and then a pop up appeared stating "The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window."

I am really crossing my fingers that this means my family has been selected!!
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #193
MightyGitis
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
In one of the other MagicBand threads there was a post about a Disney Travel agent recieving MagicBands for their clients arriving in Sept and the resorts were: Pop, Wilderness, Contemporary, CBR and CSR.

We are staying at CSR in Sept and would love to be part of the testing as well!

In fact, today when I clicked on FastPass+ from the My Disney Experience dropdown it forwarded me to the Select a Day page!! The dates displayed were Aug 10th - 14th and then a pop up appeared stating "The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window."

This claim has seemed to be bogus. The travel agent even deleted the original post. Because it isn't done by family, but by hotel. And they've been notifying 17 days out for a while. I think the travel agent was trying to get more people to book through them implying they were more likely to be picked if they did.

I could be wrong but it's a gut feeling I've had since I heard about that claim earlier this week.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #194
pixiedaisy
Earning My Ears

We're at BC at the end of Sept. I'd love to try out the MagicBands, just not so sure about FP+ yet.

1984-Buena Vista Palace, 1985-88 Polynesian, 1989-1995- Grand Floridian, 1996-Beach Club, 1997-98- Grand Floridian, 2006- Grand Floridian, 2008-POP,2009-2011- GF,2012- Back to the Poly!, Jan.2013- Surprise long weekend off property , Sep.2013- Beach Club, February 2014-Polynesian!
pixiedaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #195
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post

I have been seeing that calendar page for a couple of weeks now. Although, today it is gone. The thing that I noticed for the last few days is that the August dates are on the top row and October on the bottom. No Sept. , but I am not loosing hope!

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: