Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #166
AndreaA
Mouseketeer

Have any of the Villas been included in tests so far?

Wilderness Lodge - Oct.2012
Villas @ WL - Sept.2013

Contemporary - Jan. 2015
Villas @ WL - Nov. 2015
AndreaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #167
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaA View Post
Have any of the Villas been included in tests so far?
POP was in August and last Sept.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #168
WeddingPrincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by omurice View Post
I got the SORRY error too... but I get a Donald Duck "SERVER BUSY" every other ADR that I make on the website too, so...
It seems like maybe there was something going on last night with dining reservations.

I had issues with trying to make ADR's online so I called the dining number. No one answered so I called the main number. I was on hold FOREVER before I could talk to an agent. This was right before closing which isn't usually a busy time. Hopefully they worked out the technical issues. I haven't looked at anything this morning.

Who got the most pixie dust ever on their honeymoon???? We did!!!
We were chosen as the "opening family" for MK rope drop, DHS rope drop and they let us in at Epcot to ride Soarin' (twice!) all by ourselves before the park opened! .. ..
-
Too many trips to count, last trip 9-2012, next trip 9-2013!
WeddingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #169
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeddingPrincess View Post
I had issues with trying to make ADR's online so I called the dining number. No one answered so I called the main number. I was on hold FOREVER before I could talk to an agent. This was right before closing which isn't usually a busy time. Hopefully they worked out the technical issues. I haven't looked at anything this morning.
I had mega hold times last night myself and it was fairly late. Got right thru at 6:30p est to switch stuff around , called back around 9p est and was on hold FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, like my phone disconnected 3 times.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #170
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeddingPrincess

It seems like maybe there was something going on last night with dining reservations.

It has been like this all week! I used up about 120 mins on my phone in one day waiting for them to take me off hold and I still haven't been able to get through to pay for my resort

" Imagine if the trip were not merely the width of this room but the breadth of a galaxy, the span of a universe. Well imagine no more. Because soon one of you will be taking that trip. One of you will seize the future with XS! Bon Voyage!"

Mouse Rants Podcast

JRawkSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #171
TRICKY_TINK
Mouseketeer

Check in on Sept 2nd to POP. The 17 day mark is approaching! We...lol I sooo want to test these MagicBands! Hubby thinks I'm nutz
Old 08-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #172
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post
POP was in August and last Sept.
POR was also, maybe... (I'm not sure the resort had anything to do with it though, see below)

We were FP+ testers late Sept 2012 at MK. (could reserve 4 FP+ that MK day)

The thing was, it wasn't really connected to the resort at all though. There was nothing that the resort needed to do. All of it was done ahead of time through Disney's website, and then the FP+ cards were sent to us in the mail before we left.

Dan
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #173
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

I am not at all sure that me and my family will like the FP+ system, but nonetheless I sort of hope we get to test it. I figure since we are going the last week of September the crowds will be so low that we can overcome things even if FP+ turns out to be whackydoodle
Zippa D Doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #174
mcurran
Off to neverland!

Any tips?

Our trip is quickly approaching - 30 days and counting down!

Are there any tips for getting included in the FP+? Does calling help - if so, who should I call (reservations, hotel directly, other)? We are staying at CBR, which sounds like others have been getting some FP+ staying there.

Also, I have booked the trip with my 2 yr old and infant who are both on the reservations but of course, have no tickets as they are under 3. But since they have no tickets, I'm kind of assuming they won't get a FP+ since there's nothing really to link, but it could be a nice security feature for lost children if she actually DID have a FP+... Anyone have any feedback on children who are under 3 in a party if they have gotten FP+?

TIA!
mcurran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #175
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World

we're exactly 40 days out right now. I'm assuming if we were going to be using magic bands or fp+ that we'd have been notified by now, right?
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
cheerful chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #176
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Just hit the 30 day mark and still nothing. (I have also been paid off for almost 2 months) Fine with me I am totally okay with FP-

Edited to add: Oh, and I'm staying at Pop!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #177
snausman
Mouseketeer

We are 28 days out, and have heard nothing so far. But I keep checking the website to see if the magic bands might show up.

Laura
***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***

Last edited by snausman; 08-09-2013 at 04:07 PM.
snausman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #178
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcurran View Post
Our trip is quickly approaching - 30 days and counting down!

Are there any tips for getting included in the FP+? Does calling help - if so, who should I call (reservations, hotel directly, other)? We are staying at CBR, which sounds like others have been getting some FP+ staying there.
There's absolutely nothing you can do to get included. There's not even any indication as to when the next test might take place (the current one is running for most of August). If/when there is more testing, the only way to get in will likely be what it's been so far - they will be offering it to only guests of specific resorts during specific windows.

Of course, it's possible they'll change up the methods, but that's how things are going right now.

Quote:
Also, I have booked the trip with my 2 yr old and infant who are both on the reservations but of course, have no tickets as they are under 3. But since they have no tickets, I'm kind of assuming they won't get a FP+ since there's nothing really to link, but it could be a nice security feature for lost children if she actually DID have a FP+... Anyone have any feedback on children who are under 3 in a party if they have gotten FP+?

TIA!
As far as security goes, the process in place for lost children is already efficient. They handle it well. A Magicband wouldn't really increase the efficiency of it (unless a parent didn't notice their child is missing )
Old 08-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #179
luvgoing2disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
We are 28 days out, and have heard nothing so far. But I keep checking the website to see if the magic bands might show up.

Laura
We have nothing either, but we must be arriving around the same time. Curently our time is down to 28D 12 H 42 M and 54 seconds.

And yes, I AM counting.

1997, 2000, 2002, 2004, Disneyland 2005, 2006, October 2007, May 2008, Christmas 2009, Disneyland 2011, April 2012, May 2013, September 2013, Disneyland April 2014
luvgoing2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #180
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvgoing2disney View Post
We have nothing either, but we must be arriving around the same time. Curently our time is down to 28D 12 H 42 M and 54 seconds.

And yes, I AM counting.
34 days for us. Still nothing as well.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: